Friday, October 16, 2009

Encouraging Words ~ Day 12

Hi everyone! It's Jackie here and I am so excited to show you what I made for this month's Project Parade! When Jen told us this month's theme I knew I wanted to create something for my 10 year old daughter, Lauren. Lauren LOVES to stamp just about as much as I do and loves to send her cards to her friends, so I decided to make her something that she could use to store her cards! She is so creative and I wanted to encourage her creativity! What better way then with Verve's stamps!


I made this darling card box and even a card to match! Don't you love the colors? I'm not normally much of a purple person, but it is so growing on me!!
I made the card using today's Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge. I used the beautiful new Verve set, Starstruck. I stamped one of the starbursts from Starstruck in Bashful Blue on PTI White cardstock and then overstamped the sentiment in Plum Pudding Ink (PTI). It was cut out using Circle Nestabilities and just before removing from the die, I sponged it with Bashful Blue ink....leaving a white edge. I layered the circle on a piece of Plum Pudding cardstock that was cut out with the Labels Nine Nestabilities. The polka dot stars are from another Verve set called Polka Stars. The DP is from the 2008 Bitty Star Basics (PTI). A little machine stitching, some gems and Plum Pudding Polka Dot ribbon and the card was done!


I purchased this card box recently and was itching to alter it and make it pretty! The box is made of sturdy white cardboard and has a magnetic closure. It fits A2 sized cards perfectly! I used the same supplies as the card, but also added some ZVA Crystals to the box. I know Lauren will love it!! I hope you do, too!
So what do you think? I know you have enjoyed the fabulous work that the other Divas have been sharing during our Project Parade, but now it's your turn! Create a card/project that is focused on encouraging words, and link up your creation to the Mr. Linky widget on the DAY 1 POST before midnight MST on Sunday, October 18. As with all of our project parades, we've got prizes! One lucky project parade participant will win a $35 gift certificate to the Verve Store. Be sure to show some love for the Divas each day (Oct.5-17) for another chance to win, because ONE lucky commenter will also win their choice of any Verve set. We can't wait to see your creations...Happy Stamping!

38 comments:

  1. Jackie, your daughter sounds like a girl that is going to take after her Mom, I know she will luv it...keep encouraging her in her creativity! I luv the colors and all the bling, great job.

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful project - your daughter will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This may well be my new favorite color combination! I would never have thought to put those together, and your daughter is going to treasure this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your color combo! Adorable project - your daughter will love it! Thanks for your inspiration!!

    sueot33@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, Jackie! How fabulous that your daughter loves to stamp!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous altered box! I happen to love purple and think this is just magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, i never try these color combi. But it´s look so great. Love it !

    ReplyDelete
  8. VERY pretty... I do love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh...wow. I dont know what to gush about first. I love the color combo. Love the layout of the card. I love the watermarked star in the background of the sentiment. There's just too many small details that make this card awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful gift for your daughter! Our kids grow up soooo quickly.... Great gift set and a nice mix of colours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. what gorgeous colours!! The sentiment actually looks like it's shining!! LOL Thanks for always inspiring me, Jackie :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. so pretty! love the polka dots, gem accent, and that color combo!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love it very pretty nice color choice. love the card to match.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this project and the colors!!! AWESOME!

    Shelly :)
    Manitoba, Canada

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a striking color combo! Very soothing, yet perky!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the pretty blue and purple together here. What a great project; love that swirly bling! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You're one creative Mom! What an inspiration to your daughter & to all of us! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this project (I'm a fan of boxes of any sort) and I REALLY love the colors. Purple is one of my favorites and teaming it up with this blue/turquoise color is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a cute project! Love the bling!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I LOVE the colors you used for the card and box. I think your daughter is going to LOVE this too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Soooo... cute!! I was thinking about my 16 1/2 (going on 30 year old) and (if I have time) making something for her!! I am sure your daughter LOVES it!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great gift set...love the colors and polka dots! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW beautiful box.... and a special place for something wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  24. How beautiful! I love those colors together!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wonderful project - great color combo and love all the bling!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Adorable bling accents!

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Jackie - I LOVE THIS! I love everything about it! Thanks for the great inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is so gorgeous. What a great gift. The color combo is beautiful. The whole thing is just so...so..perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is just beautiful. I love the colors... so feminine!

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is beautiful. I love those colors together. I bet your daughter will love it to. BTW, I have a granddaughter names Lauren.
    TFS
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love the color combo....so girly and cute. Your daughter will adore this.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Boy, I have not seen that color combo in a long time.
    It looks so fresh and light , what great project's.
    Great Job!!!
    What a wonderful way for you and your daughter to spend time together and find that time to bond , that is such a precious time .

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is lovely!!... Perfect colour combination for your project, I am sure it will be well received and continue to encourage creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  34. great color combo Jackie!! The gems really finish it off--awesome work!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I totally relate - I am purple challenged as well. LOVE that bling swirl! what a lucky girl your daughter is :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. What a wonderful gift box...more like a 'treasure chest'. :-) Love your colors and what girl doesn't like bling?!

    ReplyDelete