Thursday, October 15, 2009

Encouraging Words - Day 11

Good morning! It's Laurie here, and it's my turn to share my creation for this month's Project Parade - Encouraging Words! I have to say, this is probably one of my favorite themes so far! Whether you have one Verve set or one hundred, then you already have beautifully scripted encouraging sentiments! Julee's sets are full of them!


I chose to create a little wall hanging using the sentiment from the Swan Song set. It's such a beautiful quote...definitely among my favorites! It's such a beautiful reminder...one that is deserving to be seen daily!

I used several chipboard pieces in my creation (a large one for the base, a branch, and the bird) which help to add sturdiness (and make for quick assembly :-). I love the look of patterned paper, but sometimes the pattern will overpower a verse if stamped directly on it. I decided to soften the pattern by embossing the sentiment on vellum and then adhering it to the patterned paper by stitching around the edge.

So, now it's your turn! We'd love for you to play along with us and show us your card or project focused on encouraging words or friendship. Verve stamps are not required, but if you've got 'em, why not show 'em a little love? ;) And, as with all of our project parades, we've got prizes!To enter, just link up your creation focused on encouraging words or friendship to the Mr. Linky widget on the DAY 1 POST before midnight MST on Sunday, October 18. One lucky stamper will win a $35 gift certificate to the Verve Store. And for another chance to win, be sure to give the Divas a little shout out in the comments as they parade their fabulous creations inspired by this month's theme. One lucky commenter during the course of the parade (Oct 5 - 17) will win their choice of any Verve set. Can't wait to see your lovely projects!!!

41 comments:

  1. I love the project!! I agree the sentiment on this set is beautiful, I just got my set and can't wait to use it.

    Great Job!!! TFS

    Shelly:)
    Manitoba, Canada

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! What a sweet, encouraging gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderfully done. This is such a great sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous piece to display! I absolutely love the quote, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww so cute! love how the light teal pops against the rustic orange :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun project you put together. Love the colors, saying and well all of it :)

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty! I love the chipboard (I'm a bit afraid of chipboard, but now I'm going to HAVE to try it!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love these colours!! Aqua with rust! I'm inspired!! So pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm loving this quote as well and the more I see it the more I think I need it.

    What a cute little project...I'm loving all the cute "hanging" project ideas.d

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful. I love what you do with vellum. The colors are so pretty in this project; tfs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh what a pretty project. I love the shabby chic look of it. The rustic colors are soo pretty. And I just love that sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is so adorable, I really like the colors and the style, perfect!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is definitely the best parade to view. I love all the participants and what they have to share.

    thanks much

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous creativity & very inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely project!! I love the color scheme and how the blue ribbon just pops against the background. The flower is beautiful too!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful way to showcase this fabulous sentiment!! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are RIGHT... DEFINITELY easy to play along with this awesome theme... Yay Verve!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is really gorgeous and I think the use of vellum is really quite signature for you! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love that - I love to see birds on cards - they are so uplifting - great project!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is beautiful Laurie! I love art work that incorporate my favorite quotes, it helps me through difficult days! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a pretty project. And I agree - the encouraging sentiments are awesome. Thanks for the inspiration!

    sueot33@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Laurie, this is such a beautiful card. The colors are really pretty !

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love this. I love the flower and the great colors! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Reminds me a little of you MOJO card that I loved!! Love this too!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous! Love the colors and the flower is awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is so wonderful! I do love this sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh I just love everything about your project...the flower is perfect,the colors, the images, I could go on and on!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love your flower! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love this! So creative and the colors are yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a lovely project. It would be a great gift with that nice sentiment. TFS
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is the set that bought me into the world of Verve and I have used it sooo many times the acrylic block just about has the images impressed into it.... fabulous job with this, I love the colours and the vintage feel... and your birdie is so very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  32. what a sweet project! beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is beautiful! Love that sentiment and your colors on this!

    ReplyDelete