Wednesday, September 2, 2009

August Project Parade - Day 8!

Wow! The Verve Divas have really outdone themselves this month! The projects and gift ideas are AMAZING!! Well, it's my turn (Laurie) to share with you what I have created!

I decided to create a gift that could be used by the hostess of a tea party (but you could easily change the sentiment on the card and it could be for a hostess).



I used A Cup of Life and Party Time (for the sentiment) sets paired with some pastel and very girly patterned paper. I whipped up some Lemon Biscotti (dipped in White Chocolate), packaged them in a white glassine bag, and attached a coordinating sticker tag. Biscotti is one of my most favorite things to bake - they are so easy, yet people are always impressed with them! I have a few of my own favorite recipes, but this time I wanted to try a new flavor. I found THIS recipe online and have to say it has been a hit! So much so that when I wasn't looking this morning my kiddos had devoured most of them! Yep, these pictured above would be my SECOND batch! LOL!


For my card, I stamped a "stack" of cups (from A Cup of Life set) using the masking technique, colored them with my Copics, and then added a vellum overlay with the "Time to Party" sentiment (from the Party Time set).

We would love for you to join us this month! To play along, just make a project or card that shows us your take on the Happiness for Hostesses theme. Verve Stamps are not required, but if you've got 'em we love to see 'em! Then just add a link to your creation to the Mr. Linky form in DAY ONE's POST before 8PM Mountain September 12. Two lucky participants will win a stamp set of their choice from the Verve Store. We've also hidden another $25 gift certificate somewhere along the parade for a random commenter. So if you like what you see, be sure and give a little shout out in the comments of each post! Have fun and good luck!

37 comments:

  1. Oooh, that lemon biscotti sounds wonderful!! Can you share the recipie?! Darling hostessing set too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the multiple stamped cups...great idea! This is such a pretty project!! I'm looking up this recipe as I type...I have good one that's similar using pitachios :) TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet! I love the stitching, and the colors caught my eye immediately!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, this is the perfect example of the kind of stamping I love best! Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Laurie....I am in love with that little set. The colours just caught my eye instantly, so soft and romantic. Just gorgeous!! I want to stamp like you when I grow up:)....plllleeeeaasse!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, this is lovely, I luv the colors and all the details of your card...wow!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that is very classy looking and love the stamped cups as well. The colors are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how just one of the tea cups is green! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! The card is incredible and I just love the overlay. It's so elegant and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so very pretty. Love your papers. It makes me want to have a "spot of tea"! I'm also going to try your recipe. It looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely great project, Laurie! And the recipe sound wonderful. I run a nonprofit organization that is going to have a residential single moms program which will include cooking. These will be a wonderful addition to their recipes! TFS
    Kris, Wadsworth, OH

    ReplyDelete
  12. laurie...these projects are gorgeous! amazing job...you can work wonders with vellum, lady! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful projects. Love the crochet flower and the colors. It looks perfect on the card.
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the link to the recipe. Your card is so darling. I love the paper you used, the colors are really refreshing. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The cup of life card is SO adorable ... and I understand having to keep things in the same color family, but had to laugh at the same time about the biscotti. But what a wonderful setting with the tea cup and bag of treats. Just delightful!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE this soft and pretty card!! Great idea to mask and create a stack of cups. Have never made biscotti but think you've convinced me to try it. Great project, Laurie!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely card and accompanying gift set. How fun to receive this. The colors are so soft. Thanks for the recipe. I have always wanted to try biscotti and maybe this will be the one to get me in the kitchen and give it a whirl.

    ReplyDelete
  18. very nice projects all of you have created, very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the colors and DP you used. I'm always inspired by how you use vellum to soften an image. Someone special is going to love receiving this beautiful project with fresh baked treats! TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, I really love this... So soft and pretty! Off to find some new recipes too... :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  21. love this...mmm...lemon biscotti!f

    ReplyDelete
  22. I just love your style Laurie! I really should be President of your fan club!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yummy! What a sweet set! The stitching is such a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great soft colors and sweet stiching.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love this stamp set!! What a wonderful idea you've shared and plan on doing something like this for our Spring ladies tea at church. thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Absolutely adorable! I love the colors and the stamps you used, and of course, the biscotti!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very pretty! The colors are nice and soft! I always like the way you use vellum! I've never had biscotti; thanks for the link to the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Too cute! I love the stacked cups! Your stamps are really neat!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wonderful details - the ribbon, crocheted flower are so sweet and then to top it all off with biscotti? Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  30. O MYLANTA, this is one of the most beautiful sets I have ever seen. Love the stacked cups that you stamped so soft looking paired with the color combo and the way that you stitched around the oval. Genius and I am actually going to try that recipe. YUM, thank you

    ReplyDelete
  31. So sweet! Love the details. Thanks for sharing.

    sueot33@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love the card...the colors, stamps and little flower so nice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a pretty set. I love the beautiful, muted color combination and your lemon biscotti is the perfect accompaniment. I make a vanilla poppyseed biscotti and will adapt this idea for a few fab Christmas gifts. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  34. WOW! simply beautiful! love the bag tag and the use of vellum over the cups on the card!!
    We will never forget. 9.11.01

    ReplyDelete