Tuesday, September 1, 2009

August Project Parade - Day 7

Happy Tuesday! Jen Tapler here with another installment of the Happiness for Hostesses Project Parade. Wowza! The divas are sure outdoing themselves this Project Parade and I know I'll won't be lacking for gift ideas for quite some time!!



For my project, I decided to make a simple little gift to take to my next Book Club get together. I just love this group of girls and we always have such a good time gossiping, eating, drinking lots of wine, and sometimes we even discuss the book! We take turns hosting our informal "meetings" and everyone usually brings a little something to eat. Now, I do NOT cook. Like hardly AT ALL. Nothing. Joel does 99% of the cooking at our house. If Joel has to work late and (oh No!) I have to be responsible for dinner, it almost always is Kraft Macaroni and Cheese. No lie. (fortunately Joel likes to cook and is WAY better at it than I am so this doesn't happen very often!!). Anyway, I used to get really stressed out about book club meetings because the other girls would always bring these really yummy creative dishes to share and here I was with a box of Oreos or a bag of chips and bean dip or something (unless I could bribe Joel to cook something that I could pass off as my own - but that usually involved payment of the dreaded variety...LOL!!). So I came up with something that seems to have made everyone happy - instead of food I take the hostess some cute little papercrafted gift. Only one other girl in the group is crafty so these gifts are adequately oohed and aahed over and everyone seems to overlook the fact that I've arrived food-less!!

Anyway, all of that to say that today I'm sharing with you the gift I'll be taking to next week's Book Club meeting. It's just a little thank you card, a bookmark, and a little gift box full of the hostess' favorite candies. I stamped the polka dots from Bountiful Backgrounds in Fresh Snow ink (PTI) on Kraft CS (surprise, surprise) for the base of all 3 items. I also included Baja Breeze, Riding Hood Red, Pumpkin Pie and Chocolate Chip.

The little gift box was created using the Favor Box die from Sizzix, I filled it up with Macadamia Nut Hershey's Kisses, tied it up with some Riding Hood Red ribbon and added a little tag stamped with one of the sentiments from Bountiful Backgrounds.


For the bookmark and card, I used the butterfly image from the new Enjoy set along with my Circle Nestabilities. I added a jumbo eyelet and some more Riding Hood Red ribbon to the top of the bookmark. All in all, it was a quick and easy yet very effective gift for the next Book Club hostess!!

Have all of these Hostess Gift ideas got the wheels of creativity spinning yet? We'd love for you to join us this month! To play along, just make a project or card that shows us your take on the Happiness for Hostesses theme. Verve Stamps are not required, but if you've got 'em we love to see 'em! Then just add a link to your creation to the Mr. Linky form in DAY ONE's POST before 8PM Mountain September 12. Two lucky participants will win a stamp set of their choice from the Verve Store. We've also hidden another $25 gift certificate somewhere along the parade for a random commenter. So if you like what you see, be sure and give a little shout out in the comments of each post! Have fun and good luck!

36 comments:

  1. I can't believe am the first to post. I love the projects. The box is adorable with the polkadot background and matching card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I love this ensemble! Your color combination is fab! I really love that butterfly in the Enjoy set! Hey, candy is just as good as food; it's always nice to have a little something sweet to top off the evening, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Love the colors... And, oh how I wish MY husband cooked! Lucky girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those projects!!! The white on the kraft is spectacular! Wow, with no cooking, you probably have way more time to craft!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm crazy about polkadots!! Love the color combinations on these projects!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the bookmarks...it's so nice to have a pretty one sitting in your book :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. At first glance I knew it was Jen's delicious style. Love the set Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an adorable set of goodies!! Love that new Verve butterfly and your little treat box is wonderful.

    Love the comment about the cooking -- I hear you loud and clear LOL! My DH does a lot of the cooking (he is a gourmet chef, loves to watch cooking shows on Saturdays etc.) at our house too and makes sure we have leftovers for a few days. By Thursday when they are gone, he knows he will get a call from me asking what I can make the kids for dinner LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am sooo luvin this, the polka dotted dp you made is cuuuute! You can show up food-less anytime when you bring cutzie gifts like this...lol.

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your projects, especially the little treat box. Your colors look great. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love those butterflies! Nice set!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jen this is precious, love that little box....... I would die to have some of the Hershey's macadamia nut kisses. Not only do they taste amazing but I love the color of their package. You did a great job here and I am now off to upload my hostess project.......

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful project! I love bookmarks, and those colorful butterflies really pop with the polka dotted kraft matted with black. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope none of your book club members read this as you just gave away your no food secret! I love this cute Enjoy set and it looks so cute on the book mark. The whole set turned out SO lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely hostess set! I really got a kick out of your story! I'll give you a quick recipe for fruit salad.
    Drain one can each of pineapple chunks & mandarin oranges. Add any fresh fruit you like. The dressing is one can of peach pie filling. Refrigerate. That's it. I like to refrigerate my canned fruit ahead of time. (No cooking required.) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous! I love the colors you chose - they really pop together!

    ReplyDelete
  17. jen...this is great! i had the same idea for a book club hostess gift...great minds think alike! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. OH, these are just lovely. The color combo is the perfect mix of summer and fall.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous projects!! Love how the stamped images pop!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely Adorable!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really like the color combination of brown and red is fantastic. Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  22. a gorgeous gift to take to book club!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What an adorable set - love the colors and the box is just perfect for little gifts! Thanks so much for sharing such a fun project

    ReplyDelete
  24. The butterflies, colors and sets are simply amazing!

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a cute gift set and I love the colors you have used!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. So cute! That box is adorable and I love all the colors...I miss baja :>(. On a happier note, thank goodness my husband loves to cook too! I can do a little better than mac n cheese, but only if I get out a recipe book LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the butterflies, polka dots, and colors! What a great set. Thanks!

    sueot33@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the colors and the crisp clean look of your items. Lucky girl to have a hubby who is willing to cook.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the butterflies...and the ribbon just pops on the box! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is sooooo beautiful!!! Those stamps are my newest favorite and want on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a lovely set. I especially love the bookmark - looks like a stocking stuffer idea to me!

    ReplyDelete
  32. awesome! love how the muted background colors make the bright stamps really POP! :)
    We will never forget. 9.11.01

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a clever idea for your book club!! Love the white polka dots on kraft...this BG set is so much fun to make your own DP! Thanks for a great hostess gift idea!

    ReplyDelete