Monday, August 24, 2009

August Project Parade: Day One

Welcome to the August Project Parade, which will actually run well into September. More fun stuff to look at and more time to play along to win! Not to mention, there will be creations from some brand NEW Design Team members! This month's theme is:

HAPPINESS FOR HOSTESSES

The idea behind this Project Parade was that you never want to go to a party somewhere empty handed. So what do you bring? You know half of the other people attending will be bringing wine, and you want to make it more personal...and creative. Well, starting today and every weekday through September 11 the Verve Design Team hopes to inspire you to create great hostess gifts and cards.

Today, I am bringing you a hostess gift for the coffee lover. I have had this "design your own" coffee mug in my cabinet for what seems like **forever**! I am glad that I saved it for this project! You just never know when you **might** need something :) I paired it with a glassine bag filled with some chocolate goodies. I used 2 of the new sets, Delightful & Delicious and A Cup of Life. I think this is a great gifty for the coffee lover hostess...



Close up of the mug, which was originally purchased at Target and the tag attached to the chocolate goodies...



We can't wait to see what you come up with for this month's Project Parade! To play along, just make a project or card that shows us your take on the Happiness for Hostesses theme. Verve Stamps are not required, but if you've got 'em we love to see 'em! Then just add a link to your creation to the Mr. Linky form below before 8PM Mountain September 12. Two lucky participants will win a stamp set of their choice from the Verve Store. We've also hidden another $25 gift certificate somewhere along the parade for a random commenter. So if you like what you see, be sure and give a little shout out in the comments of each post! Have fun and good luck!

44 comments:

  1. This coffee set is just adorable! What a great idea to have for a just in case sort of thing! Loving the colors you used too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen's project is fabulous! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jen, I'm sending you an invitation to one of my many holiday parties so bring a gift......!! Very creative & quite thoughtful coffee set!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this cup! Can I invite you to my house? You are the queen of tags, Jen...love all the details and colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fantastic! I love that sentiment on the coffee! So fun! Think I'll be giving this a try! Hugs Rowena

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute project and tag! I love the ribbon flower. I know that sometimes my friends get more excited by the tags/cards/packaging of the gift than the gift itself. It helps it stand out and makes the person feel special that you took the time to create special touches. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - this is so cute. I love the idea. I can't wait to dream up something to make and play along.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a very sweet gift! Being a coffee lover, I truly would appreciate such a lovely token of appreciation!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jen, I luv this sweet gift, I luv coffee so I think this is perfect. Luv he flower you made from the ribbon, adorable!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is the perfect gift for my coffee-loving friends. Thanks for the cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an awesome idea for a project parade. Can't wait to see what everyone creates. Today's project was lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. jen...this is awesome! i had the same idea...so glad i changed my mind! i wouldnt want to do the same thing as you...you'd make me look bad! LOL!

    {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am not a coffee drinker, but this is ONE. AWESOME. GIFT! Love the colors and all the little details!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How cool (or should I say HOT?) LOL

    I love how unique this idea is!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this coffee set. Who would not want to have this fabulous coffee mug? WTG Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mocha-licious cup and card !!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the mug. I got one of these last year for my birthday and just loved it. Sadly the bottom broke and I want a new one. This is inspiration. (PS is the new MS loop punch in stores yet?)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This would be great to give a coffee lover you know!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice gift for a hostess. I like how the goody bag is decorated.

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVE what you've done with this coffee mug! The saying is perfect and the tag is great. You can send it to me if you need someone to enjoy it :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a GREAT idea -- love that mug! Who wouldn't be thrilled to receive it??
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just love that coffee mug!! Who wouldn't be thrilled to receive it!
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a fun idea for this month...just what I needed to push me to make a gift set I needed to make! Love your project Jen - those mugs are always so handy to have!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fantastsic coffee set! Great gift idea... rita w

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have one of these mugs at home waiting for me to buy this set. LOL!! Love the gift.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow... Great idea! I have a few of these mugs hangin' around... thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  27. This was a great idea for the project parade - I am at a loss sometimes for cute, clever ideas. Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Such a nice set - that flower is so cute and the colors are great!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow ~ I love you this theme Oh well! I am also super-drinkers of coffee!
    Prefer to collect the stamp with the coffee, or a card ^ ^

    ReplyDelete
  30. These are so sweet and cute! As usual, Jen, you've outdone yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is such a beautiful cup, what fun that would be to drink from each morning.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh I love the to go mug as a gift. That is a great idea. Love the Verve stamps inside and the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great idea and terrific colors! Love the trim at the top of the mug!
    Kris, Wadsworth, OH

    ReplyDelete
  34. This project is gorgeous.Love all. Congrats. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow, what a great idea! I would love to get one of these mugs :-).

    ReplyDelete
  36. What a great idea! I would love to get one of these mugs ;-).

    ReplyDelete
  37. The coffee cup is so nice...and I love the ribbon flower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. This set is just so much fun. Love the colors and the design!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Great set. I love that coffee cup and the colors in the card are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  40. This is terrific, Julee!!! Wonderful and beautiful gift ensemble!!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. H E L P !!!!!!!! JULEE, where is the Mr. Linky....???? I am in panick mode because the Mr. Linky is gone and I just finished my second entry for the contest!!!!! I really want to get it entered and I have no clue how to contact you.
    littlebombs@yahoo.com
    Justine

    ReplyDelete
  42. I'm just barely making the deadline with my project, but WOW, have I ever enjoyed the parade of projects by the fab divas!! Such wonderful ideas for hostess gifts! Thanks to all!

    ReplyDelete
  43. What a great gift idea...thanks for sharing your creativity!!

    ReplyDelete