Monday, November 19, 2007

Life's Greatest Comforts

Are you all having fun playing with your new Verve sets? I am just loving mine...the versatility of the sentiments is awesome!! I can make any "old" set "new" again...just by adding a fun new sentiment!


Anyone that knows me very well, knows that I adore cupcakes! They are just the funnest things! So, when I saw this stamp in the new Wonderful Wishes set...I thought it would be so cute paired with sweets of some kind (chocolate, cupcakes etc.)! Isn't that truly one of life's greatest comforts?? :-)

I stamped the cupcake holder onto Shimmery white c.s. then used my rectangle Nestabilites to emboss and cut out the layers. I colored the cupcakes with markers and added Stickles to the "frosting". I stamped the oval frame (included in the Wonderful Wishes set) onto Shimmery white c.s. and trimmed it just on the inside of the frame. I then layered it onto a piece of sage paper that I had also stamped the oval frame onto and trimmed that out.

Keep checking back for more fun ideas using Verve's newest releases (Wonderful Wishes & Starlight Starbright)! Have a great day! ~Laurie
Stamps: Wonderful Wishes (Verve Visual), Party Time (A Muse), Short & Sweet (Stampin' Up!)
Paper: Shimmery white c.s., River Rock (Stampin' Up!), Patterned paper (Cosmo Cricket)
Ink: River Rock, Sage Shadow marker, Real Red marker (Stampin' Up!), Stazon Black (Tsukineko)
Accessories: Frosted Lace Stickles (Ranger), brads (Queen & Co.), Nestabilites (Spellbinders), Pearl, Ribbon (Micheal's Dollar spot)