Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Shine On

Shine. That's the word I think of when I look at all the sentiments in the Starlight Starbright stamp set that was released this month by Verve Visual. The sentiments are SO inspirational and positive! Not only do stars shine, but we do too when we look to each day with hope and possibility, and share that outlook with others. Sure, it's easy to focus on all the doom and gloom in the world, but why when you can spread love instead?

This set makes it easy to spread love to those around you. Since I couldn't choose just ONE sentiment for the card, I decided to incorporate FOUR of my favorites instead!! I summed them all up with the word "SHINE", which I placed on the front of the card, right next to all the sentiments. The letters were cut out using my Cuttlebug alphabet dies. I stamped each sentiment on a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock, distressed it, and then mounted it on a vertical strip of paper, so it looks like each one is a sign hanging on a post. The designer paper is from Crate and is from their Cowboy Collection. You can buy it for yourself at the Verve store. I absolutely LOVE this paper and I think it lends itself well to many different applications (other than cowboys)!

So go ahead, be a light in someones life today. Let them know how much they mean to you with a card using an inspiring sentiment from Verve Visual's Starlight Starbright stamp set. Don't be afraid to SHINE!

Stamps: Starlight Starbright (Verve Visual)Paper: Crate Paper (Cowboy Collection), Stampin' Up (Close to Cocoa, So Saffron, Very Vanilla)Ink: Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink in Chestnut Roan Accessories: Cuttlebug Alpha Dies, SU Slit Punch