Friday, November 16, 2007

3x3 Gift Box by Shannan Teubner

EDITED TO ADD: I finally found it!!! Here is the link to Amy's template.

Happy Friday, everyone! Hopefully you're starting to get your new Verve sets and are ready to get rockin with them! When you do, please post links to your stuff...we'd all love to see them!


Today I'd like to share a quick little project that is a perfect little stocking stuffer, teacher gift, or just a little something for someone special, and it was so easy to make! I used my Wonderful Wishes set to make a set of 6 Love Notes (3"x3" cards) and a little box to hold them. When I finished this project, my 7 year old son said, "Mom, can you make one of those for my teacher so I can give it to her?" What a sweet boy. I've trained him well. ;)


This is a closer picture of the box. I used a pattern from Splitcoast by Amy Allan, I'll post a link here when I find the original post.

I stamped all over a piece of Papertrey White cardstock with the large & small bursts from Fancy Florals in Groovy Guava and Certainly Celery. The top of the box is covered with Arctic Frog patterned paper, and I used my corner rounder to make the edges scalloped in the front. To keep it closed, I used small Basic Grey magnets, and added some primas to the front.









These are the cards that fit inside, along with envelopes for each one. I used the Marvy Extra Jumbo Scalloped Oval and Circle punches, and they worked perfectly with the frames in Wonderful Wishes. So easy! I also layered the oval onto the larger size (Super Jumbo?) the blue one.






I found it VERY important to use my Stampamajig when lining up the sentiments inside the frames. I tried so many times, but I just couldn't do it without that thing.

Again, I promise to come back later when I have time to find that template...you'll love it! I hope you enjoy your sets...happy stamping!!




Stamps: Wonderful Wishes, Fancy Florals (Verve Visual)
Ink: Palette Hybrid Noir (Stewart Superior), Groovy Guava, Certainly Celery (Stampin Up)
Paper: Papertrey White Cardstock, Basic Black, Certainly Celery, Groovy Guava, Arctic Frog Sunday Brunch Collection
Accessories: Marvy Scalloped Punches, Ribbon (Stampin Up & Offray), Corner Rounder, Sakura Black & White Glaze Pens, Stampamajig, Brads (Joann's), Primas, Basic Grey Magnets