Saturday, November 3, 2007

I Thank My Lucky Stars

It's easy to forget to hug, kiss and cuddle teenagers because, typically, they don't allow their parents within 3 feet of the protective shield they've constructed around themselves to ward away unwanted love and affection! Sure, they'll submit to a stiff, board-like hug before they head off to school each morning, but much more than that is gross and embarrassing. Maybe it's just because I have boy teenagers. Maybe girls are better at affection as teenagers than boys are.

Anyways, such it is with my eldest son, 16 going on 23. We were very affectionate with each other when he was younger, but as he's grown older, he doesn't "need" that special bonding time with me anymore. {Sigh}. Regardless, I wanted to be able to tell him just how special he was to me even though I might not hug, kiss and cuddle him as much as I did when he was a little boy.

That's why I made this card using Verve's newest stamp set, Starlight Starbright, which is going to be released November 10th. The set contains 17 stamps that will help you create some of the greatest cards ever! If you've got a young tween/teen, this is the stamp set for you because it's got some great sentiments sure to tug at the heartstrings of your child. Even if you DON'T have a child, these sentiments are universal in nature, perfect for ANY special people in your life!

This card couldn't have been easier...I sewed a quick Old Olive pocket on the front of some really cool designer paper geared toward school "stuff". I stamped some stars on the front of the pocket along with the word "Son". The card I tucked inside was stamped with a sentiment from Starlight Starbright that reads "I Thank My Lucky Stars For You". How perfect is this sentiment for letting your son or daughter know how special they are to you? It gets the message across without being too "mushy", doesn't it?

I plan on giving this to my son sometime over the next few days. I'm so glad Julee created this set that will make communicating with my teenager boys a lot easier!



Stamps: Starlight Starbright (Verve Visual), Star Studded Season (SU), All Holidays (SU)


Paper: designer (unknown), Old Olive, So Saffron (SU), Pearlized Cream (Paper Accents)


Ink: Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink in Chestnut Roan, Old Olive (SU)
Techniques: Machine sewing