Monday, October 8, 2007

Another Peek...

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and World Card Making Day! I was in Houston with my family visiting old and new friends (waving hi to Ana). Since I was away from my stamps, ink and cardstock, I made sure to fold a piece of paper in half just to say that I made a card...LOL!! That counts, right??? Ok, maybe not, but that just means that I have to make up for it. Very easily done with the two fun, new Verve Visual sets that are coming out on the 10th of October.



Before I left for my lil' weekend adventure, I got a chance to play with Winter Wonder. This set just speaks "gift sets" to me. I love to make containers of all sorts and I had not made a cone in a long time. So, I broke out my handy dandy Creative Memories cutting system and cut out 2 circles. The first circle is a solid white circle, which I stamped the different size snowflakes on in Soft Sky. The second circle is "hollow"-- for lack of a better term, or like a big "O". To do this, I cut a 6" circle from Soft Sky paper and then without changing the placement of the cutting system, I cut out a 6 1/2" circle. I then glued the "O" onto the stamped base, creating a trim that matches the color of the stamped images. Finally, I created the cone, filled it with white paper shred and adhered the tag created from scalloped punches. I made a matching card to make it a small gift ensemble. The "bling" is Swarovski crystals...so spar-ka-lay!!!

Stamps: Winter Wonder(Verve Visual) Paper: Whisper White, Soft Sky (SU!); White Cardstock (PaperTreyInk) Ink: Soft Sky, Blue Bayou (SU!) Accessories: White Organdy Ribbon; Crystals (Swarovski); Jumbo Eyelets (SU!); Scallop Punches (Marvy)