Monday, October 8, 2007

Sneak Peak: Just Two More Days

Have you been enjoying the fabulous sneak peaks by the Verve design team? They're all so talented. Well, here's my contribution to the countdown.

I used the Seasonal Circles set with some non-seasonal, but fun, colors. I masked off a thin border with Post-It Notes, before stamping the outline flower in Timber Brown StazOn on pearlized white by Paper Accents. I stamped just one of the flowers from a circle in the set by coloring the stamp directly with a chocolate marker. After I colored the flowers with an aquapainter and dye-based inks, I drew in the free-hand squiggly border. The background paper is from the Cosmo Cricket: Be Good six pack. I did the scallops with my slit punch on both River Rock and Chocolate Chip, so I could layer them. The tiny rhinestones are just from the craft store, and I adhered them with glue. This is only my second time using Rub-Ons, and I could really get used to these. They show up great on colored card stock and are really easy to apply. Here, I used a sentiment from Crate Words.

Stamps: Seasonal Circles (Verve Visual)
Paper: Chocolate Chip, River Rock (Stampin' Up!); Pearlized white (Paper Accents); Be Good (Cosmo Cricket)
Ink: Timber Brown (StazOn); Certainly Celery, Sage Shadow, Not Quite Navy, Chocolate Chip (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories: Rub-On (Crate Words); Circle Punches, Slit Punch (Stampin' Up!); Ribbon (American Crafts); large rhinestone (Darice); small rhinestones (misc.)

Stop by again tomorrow for another Sneak Peak double dose with Laurie and Kim. And October 10 will be the big release date, when BOTH of the gorgeous new Verve Visual stamp sets will be available for purchase.