Tuesday, April 5, 2011

March Diva Dare – Day 6

Welcome to Day 6 of the March Diva Dare!! Here's how our Diva Dare works... following each release, we post a theme we dare you with, and you'll have two weeks to complete the challenge. During those two weeks, the release team will post their creations and tell you how they answered the dare!  

This month we dare you to make a card, project, layout, or whatever fits your stamping style using this month's theme - Color Me Spring!  Whether you are shoveling snow off of your sidewalks and only dreaming of warmer weather or you are already enjoying the first blooms of the season, this challenge is sure to put a spring in your step! How you interpret the challenge is up to you! Stay tuned to learn how you could win some shiny new Verve!!
This is how I answered the dare...

divadare3april

I picked up these fun and colourful felt stickers a few weeks ago and have been waiting for a special card like this to put them on.  I created a grid by laying down all my chosen elements and marking where I wanted to stitch.  The butterfly was made with the new Flutterby die.  I cut out 2 butterflies, one from plain cardstock and one from patterned paper and layered them for a 3D look.  The sentiment is from the Egg-stra Special stamp set.  How’s that for colour?  But colour can also be more rich and saturated, so I had to make another card…(no teasing, Andrea!! lol)

divadarepapril2

I wanted to use this fabulous Hope Perches Plain Jane again with my SU bird punch.  I loved the way Julee had used this “Hope” stamp from Richly Blessed a few weeks ago (see HERE).  I typed a few more “Hope” words using a Word Document, printed it out and then stamped “Hope” in different colours, taking my cue from this gorgeous paper from Basicgrey’s Hello Luscious pad.  I also used the branch image from Love’s Flower with versamark to add a little something to the corner of the panel.  I love mixing and matching my stamp sets and Verve makes it so easy!  So are you ready for your Dare? 

     
1. Play along with us and link up your new Color Me Spring creation (posted March 28 or later) to the linky widget on the DAY 1 POST before midnight MST on Sunday, April 10. One lucky stamper will win a $30.00 gift certificate to the Verve Store. Verve Stamps are not required, but if you've got 'em we would  LOVE to see ‘em!

2. For another chance to win, be sure to give the Divas a little shout-out in the comments section as we share our Color Me Spring creations. One lucky commenter will win the Verve stamp set of his or her choosing!  Winners will be announced on Monday, April 11th right here on the Verve blog.

Now it's YOUR turn!  We DARE you to show us your creations!

32 comments:

  1. Both cards are gorgeous Maureen...and I love the fact that you made TWO of them!! The first card is so adorable with those sweet felt images and cute stitiching! I adore the elegance of the second card, so filled with "hope"! Literally and figuratively! Way to go my Diva sistah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards. That bunny is to die for! Love the very different styles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome cards.
    The first one is so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what beauiful cards. The felt bunny is so huggable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great use of sentiments Maureen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. both the cards are absolutely gorgeous!! You made the colors take the center stage :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These cards are absolutely gorgeous, both of them! I'm so in love with the seam binding ribbons at the moment, they look so beautiful. Thanks for sharing your ideas. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope and more hope....can never have enough...right? Both of these cards are fantastic and full of Verve goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two absolutely darling cards! I love the stickers and I just love both. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  10. what wonderful project so springy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These cards are so pretty - I love the bright, springy colors you used, especially the pinks and deeper roses.

    ReplyDelete
  12. There's that nasty bunny again LOL! Two darling cards - love the different styles.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the bunny card, and that gingham paper is wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are just fantastic! I love the fun layout of the first one... that would be so perfect for my daughter! The second one is just all out gorgeous! LOVE these!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are so fun, Maureen! I love the felt bunny and the stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a cute card! The stitching on the bunny and carrot are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So sweet, I love the little bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  18. these are both cute Maureen, adorable color combo....so fun!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful cards! I especially love the first one, it really is so cheery, it says Spring to me!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your cards! The bunny card is so cute to give to a little one for Easter. And the other is lovely for any lady in your life. Thanks for sharing them today. :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your first card is adorable with the felt images and stitching. Very pretty second card--I like how you typed Hope.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great cards! Love your first card with the little rabbit. He is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my gosh, those felt items are adorable Maureen. This is absolutely perfect for Easter. And the background of the sentiment on the 2nd one is adorable. It is so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  24. These are fabulous, both of them. That felt bunny is beyond cute!

    ReplyDelete
  25. These are great cards! Those are super fun Easter stickers and the new butterfly goes perfectly with them!!! I am so eager to bust out my SU bird punch to go with that sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  26. love both of them but that first card with the stitched grid is just too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, two great cards and so different! I'm so glad you said the felt images were stickers on the first card, because I was going to be extremely jealous of your stitching creativity. : ) The card is really adorable and the grid layout, perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh Maureen! For the love of all things adorable and sensational! What a great couple of cards you've made.

    ReplyDelete
  29. My fave is the first card with the gingham BG and your collage look with all the wonderful spring elements! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  30. My favorite is the first one that looks as if it were quilted. Super cute. But, the second one is pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your first card is just so precious Moe!! And I love the variety of "Hopes" on the second!! Two very different, but equally fabulous creations!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. You know I always love your creations Maureen! These are so sweet...and perfect for the Diva Dare!

    ReplyDelete