Monday, March 28, 2011

March Diva Dare - Day 1


Welcome to Day one of the March Diva Dare!  Here's how our Diva Dare works... following each release, we post a theme we dare you with, and you'll have two weeks to complete the challenge.  During those two weeks, the release team will post their creations and tell you how they answered the dare!

This month we dare you to make a card, project, layout, or whatever fits your stamping style using this month's theme - Color Me SpringWhether you are shoveling snow off of your sidewalks and only dreaming of warmer weather or you are already enjoying the first blooms of the season, this challenge is sure to put a spring in your step! How you interpret the challenge is up to you!  Stay tuned to learn how you could win some shiny new Verve!!

This is how I answered the dare...


Whenever I think of Spring, I think of happiness.  And when I think of happiness, my thoughts naturally go to rainbows!  It may not be conventional, but it is how my rainbow loving mind works!  LOL!  Because I wanted an overall soft project, I chose to use a pastel version of my beloved rainbow palette.  After I had my cardstock pieces glued in place, I embossed the flower (from the new Chicks Rule set) in white.  For the tag, I embossed the Think Spring sentiment (from the new Egg-stra Special set) and then cut it out using the new Charming Oval Die!


Want to know how you can win some fabulous new VERVE GOODIES?

  1. Play along with us and link up your new Color Me Spring creation (posted March 28 or later) to the linky widget below before midnight MST on Sunday, April 10. One lucky stamper will win a $30.00 gift certificate to the Verve Store. Verve Stamps are not required, but if you've got 'em we would  LOVE to see ‘em!
  2. For another chance to win, be sure to give the Divas a little shout-out in the comments section as we share our Color Me Spring creations. One lucky commenter will win the Verve stamp set of his or her choosing!  Winners will be announced on Monday, April 11th right here on the Verve blog.
Now it's YOUR turn!  We DARE you to show us your creations!

Click the "Click here to enter" link at the bottom of this post for the Diva Dare entry form
Please type your name or screen name in the Caption or Title field, then choose the link and photo you'd like to enter.  Please link directly to the specific blog post or gallery page where we can view your creation.  If you're having problems linking, try entering the link to your card, then choosing From File instead of From Web. Then just browse to where your picture is saved on your computer to get your thumbnail.



52 comments:

  1. I really like your blocks of color!

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  2. luv the rainbow of pastel colors Laurie and the cute flowers stamped in white...sweet!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the gems coordinating with their color blocks....I got my idea forming as I type....can't wait to get started

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Laurie! Love the rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So springy and colorful. Love the white embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This fabulous Laurie!!! Great job! So much spring!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute Laurie! I love the white ink stamped on the pastel background... so cute and definitely springy! GREAT challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is really fun! I love the pastels and the flowers stamped in the white like that, so different, so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous card Laurie! I love new flowers and can't wait to get my hands on my new set :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful spring card--love the blocks of color the white flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bring on Spring, love this card, your colors and stamping are a perfect match!! Plus your details, love it!!!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ah, spring, I can hardly wait for it! I love the colour blocking. It's one of those 'well, why didn't I think of that' kind of things. So simple, SO stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh, love all the bits of colour, Laurie...you sure know how to do rainbows :) What a happy Dare!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous spring colours! Love the paneled rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a very pretty card makes me think of spring for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This definitely gets me in the mood for spring! Love the way you stamped in white over the pastel color blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVE this layout! What a fun and pretty way to welcome spring!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh this is just so gorgeous! Definitely spring and totally fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Laurie this is Fantabulous!! I love the pastel rainbow effect with the white. Love it!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the layout and those soft pastel colors. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovin' your pastel rainbow and coordinating gems Laurie! This card just makes me smile, just like the season Spring does!! Gorgeous card my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, the white embossing on the pastels is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I LOVE your color block design! Makes me want the warm weather to hurry up and come to MI! :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. I do love the pastel colors and what a wonderful card preparing us for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Looking forward to attempt the dares for the first time.... Thanks for the inspiration... Hugs))))

    Ash....
    (http://hastkala-oceancihope.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am usually not a fan of pastel colors other than light blue, espeically when paired with chocolate brown (Julee knows where I am coming from) but this is REALLY pretty - those flowers look so nice in white with that rainbow pastel background.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the pastel rainbow with the white flowers! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Definitely a happy feeling Spring card.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Laurie, love this pastel rainbow with the flowers on top - just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. The colours in your project are amazing. TFS x

    ReplyDelete
  31. I went crazy and added three cards....call me desperate to win a Verve stamp set!!!
    Laurie, your card just sings of Spring and rainbows.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love the pastels colors and the flowers stamped in white.
    So soft and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful Laurie - love the rainbow and the white embossed flowers is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I LOVE those color blocks, and your bow so reminds me of my dd's Easter dresses....thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Sweet, simple and oh so springy! What a great idea to do the color blocking with the white on top!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love the softness of this. so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wonderful pastels, love the white scallops!

    ReplyDelete
  38. The linky thing isn't working! It wasy there's a network error :(

    ReplyDelete
  39. This card definitely screams spring. Love the blocks of color and the white stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love your card, from the rainbow pastel colors to the white embossing, it is just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Beautiful Spring card!! Love those soft colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  42. so beautiful! I love the softness of these colors and the embossed flowers are so pretty. Great card as always.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Hi Julee, I seem to have posted my link twice #37- #38. Can you remove one please?

    ReplyDelete
  44. Awesome card! Love your colors.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Love this challenge. I was looking through all the entries (and they are amazing!) and realized that I had never submitted my own, eve thoug it was posted to my blog! I have now corrected that error. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  46. Embarrassed, oh my goodness! I have linked three times! :( My sincerest apologies! I kept getting a message telling me my pic was too big ... even though it was teensy tiny ... and to try again. Would someone please be so kind as to delete the additional two links. I am so sorry!
    ♥♥♥
    On a happy note; I am in LOVE with Verve stamps and so thrilled to have found all the amazing inspiration and super talented creators here! I hope you will allow me to come back and play :) I promise I will ink only once and no matter what message I get ... I will check it out first! :D

    ReplyDelete
  47. The white embossed flowers over the rainbow panels is so striking! Gorgeous spring card!

    ReplyDelete
  48. A great Challenge. So many pretty entries. AND the DT has beautiful designs and inspirations. Thanks for the fun

    ReplyDelete
  49. Can you tell I really want to win some of your stamps? :)) Please advise if there is a rule about too many entries!!

    ReplyDelete
  50. What a fabulous idea for a challenge and I'm thoroughly enjoying all the creations...especially those by the DIVAS!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  51. Oh my, I love the color blocked panels with the white embossed flowers! This is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete