Wednesday, January 26, 2011

January Diva Dare - Day 9


Hello! It's Amber here with another day of Diva Dare! Aren't you loving the new format? 


Some details:
We dare you to make a card, project, layout, or whatever fits your stamping style using this month's theme - Baby Love!  The baby part could be for a new little someone...or a special someone!  Be sure to look for the details on how you can win some new Verve goodies at the end of this post!

Well, it's no DOUBLE DOG DARE or anything, so don't be afraid to jump in and play with us! 
I answered the challenge with a baby card! I have a few friends and cousins who are due with their own bundles of joy soon so I've been in baby card makin' mode!


I wanted to do something a *little* different, so I cut about 1.25" off the card front for some visual interest and then hung the sentiment panel off the side!
I colored the animals from To the Moon and stuck 'em behind the Smallest Things PJ panel, I think they're so cute!


It's mostly covered up by the animals, but the sentiment panel is built on top of the Classy Label die. The sentiment was cut out with a label punch by EK Success.

Here's how YOU can win some shiny new Verve!


1. Play along with us and link up your new Baby Love creation (posted January 14th or later) to the linky widget on the DAY ONE Diva Dare post before midnight MST on January 29th. One lucky stamper will win a $30.00 gift certificate to the Verve Store. Verve Stamps are not required, but if you've got 'em we would  LOVE to see ‘em!

2. For another chance to win, be sure to give the Divas a little shout-out in the comments section as we share our Baby Love creations. One lucky commenter will win the Verve stamp set of his or her choosing!  Winners will be announced on Monday, January 31st on the Verve blog.

So go ahead and show us your Baby Love creations...we DARE you!

Card Recipe:
Paper: White, Chocolate (PTI), Dreamy cardstock (MME)
Ink: Rich Cocoa (Memento), Copics
Accessories: Classy Label die (Verve), circle Nesties (Spellbinders), Label punch, small scallop edge (EK Success), Baker's Twine/button (PTI), Gold Ice Stickles (Ranger)



39 comments:

  1. So cute and so original, Amber! What a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool looking card!!! I love the layout and style - so genius! The little animals are adorable on top of that label and the colors are way cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, this is so cute!! I love the little animals clustered together. Reminds me of all my son's stuffed friends when he was tiny. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card Amber.
    Love the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those animals! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How adorable! I love the unique look of the card front and all those animals cuddled up together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you cut some of the right side off and have the cutie pie animals hanging over! Darling papers, and of course love the baker's twine and button. SO SWEET!!!! tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute card! I love how you put the animals on the sentiment panel!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Amber, I love everything about this card!! The offset panel, the tag hanging off and the lil animals hanging out together on the tag! Too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks like the teddy bear is holding the card! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww, this is darling! love the cut of your card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love how you cut the front panel back so the cute critters are showcased. Lovely touch with the twine too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute card. Love the fold of the card and the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute--The animals are adorable and love the star paper.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, I love the creative design of your card today! Those cutie-patootie animals hanging over the front of your sentiment is super sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the design of your card. I may have to "case" that idea! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely card - love the style. Will definitely have to case this one!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So cute...love those bright, cheery colors!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Adorable!!!! I so love those little guys, they're so cute. And this is a fabulous baby card.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my goodness this is cute!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What an adorable card. Love the colors and layout of the card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very cute. I like how the animals extend over the CS.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awwwww...so cute! I love your colors and how the animals are all together at the bottom - ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  24. So adorable Amber!!! TOoooo full of cuteness! Love that trio of cuties around that sentiment!!! I tried my best to CASE this card today - you totally took it to another level of cuteness!!
    LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fun, fun card! Love the layout & how it opens, as well as those adorable animals :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. What an adorable card Amber! I love the little animals!

    ReplyDelete
  27. You continue to amaze me with your creativity! I want to be just like you guys when I grow-up! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Cute cute images! Fun card to receive~

    ReplyDelete
  29. Adorable card, I absolutely love this set, the designer papers are great, love the layout, excellent work.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love, love, love this....so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Those animals are fabulous! It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Well is it possible to use the word cute too much? Your little bit of Verve goodness just makes me smile smile smile. It is CUTEness to the limit!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh, I love it! How darling that you used all of the animals too :D

    ReplyDelete
  34. Too cute! Love your card, these little characters are adorable. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  35. What an original idea! This card is darling and I adore the animals!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love this greeting quote! I also just adore these sweet little animals. Thanks for sharing with us during the Diva Dare. :D

    ReplyDelete