Monday, November 29, 2010

Winter Release Project Parade--Day 8


Hey everyone!  It's Charmaine here with Day 8 of this month's Project Parade!  This month's theme is Triple Play. . .to create a trio of  Verve-y goodness!  I'm here today to share my creation with you! 


One thing I get requests for EVERY year from family and friends is card sets.  Actually, they ask for them all year round, but for the holidays I like to create coordinating sets rather than just putting an assortment of cards together.  For this month's challenge, I decided to create a card set (of all of the same card), a coordinating box to hold the cards and a gift card holder. 
I started out with the card and used last week's Mojo Monday Challenge for the layout.  I used the Merry Wishes set paired with the Vintage Oval Frame set and coordinating die.  I used the Season's Greetings Cuttlebug folder for the base of the card.  I accented with a while gel pen and framed the edges with dots.
For the box, I took a panel of cardstock and embossed it before attaching it to the actual box so that the embossed sentiments would be right side up.  The box was made using an 8.5"x11" piece of cardstock and scoring the 8.5" side at 1.25" on each end and then scoring the 11" side at 4.75" from each end. 

After assembling the box, I added ribbon for the handles and used the Sweet Scallop Tag stamp for the tag along with the coordinating Sweet Scallop die. The sentiment on the tag is from the Glad Tidings set.  I added some tissue paper to house the cards.

I created a gift card holder to put in the box along with the card set.  This is great if you need a little something more to add to the gift.
I hope you've enjoyed my take on the Triple Play Challenge!  Now it's YOUR turn!  :)

************
 
---- One lucky contestant who plays along with the Triple Play Challengewill receive the entire January Release AND will be our Guest Diva for the month of January!!! WOOHOO!!!

---- As always, we've hidden a little prize along the parade. A lucky random commenter on one of the official Parade posts (11/17 through 12/7) will receive a $25 Verve gift certificate!!

--- View all the challenge and prize details and submit your Triple Play Challenge projects using the official Project Parade Entry Form and check out all the details of this month's project parade!!!!
 
We look forward to seeing your creations!

44 comments:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous! That color with the kraft is scrumptious, and I love your bag/box to hold the cards. What a lovely gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunner! I need to hit my stamping room for sure.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful set! I love the colors and the embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful. Love the bag/box for the cards. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely gift set - sure to be well-received.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I love the kraft! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! That is so pretty!! I love the colors that you chose and it will be such a nice gift!

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous gift set! I just love these colors and that stamp set with the sponging - my favorite is the gift card holder

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the embossing. Thanks for the sharing the box dimension too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful! Love your color combo and gorgeous stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This Trio is my favorite so far. I love the color first because it is non traditional. The Verve sayings are always such a nice font and using white as contrast is perfect and adds punch. The textured word background also adds so much and the stamped berries with a little snow are so sweet. Just LOVE it
    all! Great gift set! Thanks for sharing.

    Happy Holiday Hugs, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  12. FANTASTIC; love the embossed background and the DP you created with the stamp and a bit of glitter. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wish I was on your gift list! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow..this is AWESOME! I love love love that box. This is just so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is fabulous, Charmaine!! Love the colours you used and the Christmas EF in the BG. Darling card tote with the tag on it. I'm sure your family members will love getting them :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Totally love your gift set. I really like how you stamped on the red, and the sparkly accents. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a super sweet coordinating gift set. I love the colors you chose, so festive.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is soooo cute! I love the coordination of all the items! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, is this ever a fantastic gift set! LOVE the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous set!!! I love how you stamped the berries in two colors & accented with the white, & the embossed background is great. Fantastic gift :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I adore this triple play and I love the gift bag! Great projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love this...I love all the embossing on this and the glitter too...so many fabulous details!

    ReplyDelete
  23. So girly and adorable for the holidays! I love all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This set is beautiful! I love the non-traditional colors you chose. Anyone would love to receive this gift!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely ensemble! I like the embossed sentiment panel!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love this set! I am always looking for interesting ways to give giftcards. Thanks for the inspiration. :D

    ReplyDelete
  27. So very pretty. Love the color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I just love what you do with the gel pen...those branches are so beautiful...what a great gift set :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love this, Charmaine! Fabulous gift set!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lovely colors! What a great gift set!

    ReplyDelete
  31. How adorable! I love the color combo you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  32. aww so beautiful well embossed and the stamp well done!
    So beautiful and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love your trio idea. I made a set of cards and would have loved to house them in a box with handles like yours. I made just a box, but I like your idea better.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Very pretty - I love all the white dots around the edges.

    ReplyDelete
  35. wow, what a wonderful gift set Charmaine.....perfect!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love all that texture! What a fabulous Holiday gift set!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love the color combination...I have always been a tiny bit jealous of people who can pull colors together....I'm gettin' there!

    ReplyDelete
  38. So beautiful!! I love the berries and the way you added color to them. And the embossed box is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Great set! Love that deep red color for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  40. what a beautiful color combo- and I just LOVe that ribbon!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  41. Love this! Those stamps are so beautiful together and I love what you did with the colors. What a trio!!!

    ReplyDelete