Friday, November 26, 2010

Winter Release Project Parade ~ Day 7


Happy Black Friday!  Hopefully you had a wonderful Thanksgiving that was stuffed with family and fun!  If you're shopping today, don't forget to stop by the Verve store to see the great sale that Julee has set up for all Verve fans!  It's a trio of savings!

During the holiday season, I like to give out little somethings from my kitchen to friends and neighbors. This year I made homemade caramel dipping sauce...DELISH!  Of course, I couldn't just give them a jar of caramel sauce, I had to give them a PRETTY jar of caramel sauce!  Here are the 3 jars decorated up in the spirit of the Thanksgiving season.  You could switch up the color scheme and add more "Christmas-y" sentiments to make these as Christmas gifties.  Details follow the below the pics.

{{CLICK ON IMAGES FOR LARGER VIEW}}

JAR ONE...

JAR TWO...


 JAR THREE...


Recipe for Caramel Sauce posted HERE.



For the first jar, I created a simple rosette that is topped with a Prima flower, buttons and a sentiment from the MERRY WISHES set.

The second jar features a sentiment from the GLAD TIDINGS set and the cutie patootie mittens are from the WINTER MITTENS sets.  I love that there are little additions, like the heart that you can adorn the mittens with!

The third jar uses a sentiment from the GLAD TIDINGS set paired with both the SWEET SCALLOP TAG stamp and die.
I'm looking forward to making a bunch more of these for Christmas.  Hopefully I will find the time to decorate some bags and make cards to coordinate with the jars...a new trio, if you will!

*******

---- One lucky contestant who plays along with the Triple Play Challengewill receive the entire January Release AND will be our Guest Diva for the month of January!!! WOOHOO!!!

---- As always, we've hidden a little prize along the parade. A lucky random commenter on one of the official Parade posts (11/17 through 12/7) will receive a $25 Verve gift certificate!!

--- View all the challenge and prize details and submit your Triple Play Challenge projects using the official Project Parade Entry Form and check out all the details of this month's project parade!!!!







48 comments:

  1. Love this project - I make a killer caramel sauce that my dearly beloved calls "cake gravy". You have given me a great idea for MY neighbours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are absolutely adorable!! What a spectacular idea for a little gift :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a wonderful idea, yummy caramel..I luv it and adorable packaging too....perfect Jen!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea Jen! I LOVE caramel and yours looks so good! The jars are darling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great jar toppers! And thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The jar toppers are beautiful Jen! Love the size of those jars too! Perfect for gift giving! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. How nice! Love caramel sauce! This is a perfect neighbor gift!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmmmm... yummy! Cute tags, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea, and I love your little packaging ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful gift idea--they are all so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. these are sooo cute!! i love the fabrics and the bows :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Always nice to receive something home made and you have decorated the lids wonderfully. Thanks for the recipe - love the idea of adding different flavors.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are great! Loving the ease of just decorating the top of a jar :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful jar toppers. And thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love these and especially the way you decorated them. The first one is my favorite. Thanks for sharing the ideas and also the recipe for the caramel sauce. What great gifts these would make.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super sweet, in more ways than one!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These jar toppers are yummy looking, just like the contents in the jars! Wonderful looking eye candy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are so pretty, thank you for the fabulous ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my gosh, that caramel sauce look so yummy, I will take a jar please. I can just taste apples dipped in it. Your jars are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Goodness this is gorgeous! I know I wouldn't mind receiving such a beautifully decorated jar. Perhaps the only problem would be that I would never want to open it and ruin the prettiness, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the jars! The 1st one is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  22. MMMMMMmmmmmm. That caramel sauce looks SO yummy. Thanks for sharing your great project with us during the parade. :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. oh, Jen, I can literally taste that yummy caramel!! What gorgeous little jars...fantastic idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Jen, I am allergic to chocolate! I know, it is difficult to bear...but because of it, I have learned to appreciate other flavors. Caramel is my favorite, right up there with lemon. These are just perfect for me and my family. Thanks

    Happy Holiday Hugs, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a YUMMY!! gift and beautiful finishing touches for your jars!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yummmmmmmy! Such a great idea, and what gorgeous packaging! Love the accordian-fold medallion jar top especially!

    ReplyDelete
  27. so cute! Great job decorating these jars, and a great idea for a small Christmas gift for those you want to give something to, but don't need to go all out. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh my YUM! What a great idea and something so doable!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your decorated jars are fabulous! I love the wee mittens on the one top! Got the recipe from your blog...thanks. the cook/baker in me will have to give that recipe a try...I love CARAMEL.

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a cute way to jaz up those jars! So much prettier than the plain old fabric I'v been using. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Amazing gift idea....packaged to perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  32. These jars are yummy!

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  33. YUM! darling and now I have to go make caramel sauce... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Gorgeous and yummy! What a great gift idea, Jen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Yummy gift idea (I can taste the apple slices dipped in that sauce right now!).

    ReplyDelete
  36. What great ideas for jar toppers! Mmmmm, caramel!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Yummy! Both the dipping sauce and the jar decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  38. BTW did u make / cook it too:))??
    I love the stamp up all a great combo!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Great idea. I will try that caramel recipe. These are all such cute jars, very nice. I especially like the rosette on top of the first.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Thanks for the YUMMY caramel sauce recipe! And I love all the toppers, but I think the one with the mittens and button is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Oh my goodness... caramel dipping sauce? What a fabulous gift! And your decor on the jars is so fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Your little jar toppers are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Delish - both the caramel and the toppers!

    ReplyDelete