Monday, November 22, 2010

Winter Release Project Parade - Day 4



Hi everyone!  It's Michelle and I am here to share my project for Day Four of Verve's Triple Play Project Parade. The challenge is to create a terrific trio of yumminess! This can be to create three different things that all coordinate (like a bag, a card and a tag) or to create three different cards or three different tags -it's up to you.

My project started with this simple kraft gift bag.  They came in a pack of 4 for only $1 at Big Lots.  Simple, plain and full of possibilities.  I decided to fill my bag with a box of Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate with Marshmallows, so I went with blue and white to match the box!  Never mind that when I actually PUT the box of hot chocolate in the bag, it was completely covered up!  LOL!

These projects use the new stamp sets, Winter Mittens, Sweet Scallop tag stamp and Glad Tidings and the Sweet Scallop Die.  Here is my trio:
For my bag, I stamped the snowflakes with white craft ink and added some silver pears accents.  I also used a border die and added a white strip along the bottom.  The handle has some white ribbon tied into a double bow and a blue felt snowflake from Stampin' Up,  The silver cord is the new Memory Floss from DMC.
Here is a close up of the card.  I used all the same stuff, and added the cutie mittens image from Winter Mittens.
And, here is the tag.  Easy peasy I tell ya!  I love the perfect sized "To: From:" stamp in Glad Tidings, makes tags super quick to make (just ask Jackie, Queen of tags!).  Again, I added the same ribbon, silver Memory Thread and felt snowflake.


 Challenges and Prizes:

---- One lucky contestant who plays along with the Triple Play Challengewill receive the entire January Release AND will be our Guest Diva for the month of January!!! WOOHOO!!!

---- As always, we've hidden a little prize along the parade. A lucky random commenter on one of the official Parade Posts (11/17 through 12/7) will receive a $25 Verve gift certificate!! Woot!!!

View all the challenge and prize details and submit your Triple Play Challenge projects using the official Project Parade Entry Form and check out all the details of this month's project parade!!!!

54 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful trio! Perfect for the winter holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gorgeous set! And I have to get some of that memory thread...too cool! Thank you for the beautiful inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous projects. The memory thread is very cool. I'll be looking for that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic! I love a good Kraft project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are wonderful. Love all the snowflakes, even though I'm a Florida girl. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh lovin the kraft! the embellies are so perfect- beautiful set :D thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous gift ensemble. Love the snowflakes and mittens and the border die.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous trio pairing up the light blue/white with kraft! I'm going to have to have some of that memory floss...such a cool look!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh, snowflake gorgeous!! Love the layers of white and kraft on the card and how everything matches...that new die is perfect for gift tags :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful set. I love the white on Kraft. Thanks for sharing how a simple plain bag can become a work of art filled with surprises. Love the card and tag you've created to go along with it. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the simplicity and understated elegance of this set. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful trio! I love the white on kraft, and the snowflakes are my fave!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty. Love the white on Kraft and that cut circle cut out strip, not to mention your beautiful tag.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeous soft wintery project!! I think you did an outstanding job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous projects!! I love the kraft with the crisp white and the aqua accents! So pretty together!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is incredibly cute, what a totally lovely gift set :) Alex x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your bag matches your card fabulously, Michelle. Love all that kraft and white and I need that tag set!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous!! I love, love, love those snowflakes on kraft!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think these are super! I love the white snowflakes on the kraft. Darling gift set!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such an elegant Snow flake!
    Happy Holidays to u all:))

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous! I love the kraft and soft blue with a pop of diamond accents! Very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are so cute. I really like the blue, kraft, and white combination a LOT. Very cool

    ReplyDelete
  23. Super cute! A fabulous trio! Love your color scheme and perfect stamps for this!

    ReplyDelete
  24. LOVE!!!!! Theose colors and snowflakes are Perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What great projects! Those snowflakes look incredible against the kraft papers. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful trio and a great price!!! Off to look for some cheap bags to turn into a beautiful gift set.

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a great idea! I love how you dressed up the plain kraft gift bag. Very festive! I also love the matching card and tag. Thanks for sharing them with us during the project parade. :D

    ReplyDelete
  28. Too cute; love the border die - the kraft bag is adorable! LOVE those mittens an the colors are so soft. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous projects! I love the look of the white on kraft with the splash of blue - very simple & elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh how pretty! I just love the card!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Very pretty! The pearls are a nice embellishment!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love this trio! Especially love the mittens...they are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I LOVE this beautiful set! White on Kraft is always fantastic, and your silver and blue touches are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  34. beautiful gift set - I just love the kraft and white - the touches of silver and blue really make it pop!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Absolutely beautiful colors and craftmanship. Great job Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  36. This is great, Michelle! I love the colors everything goes with the Kraft color...love this combo!

    He IS Able,
    Traci S.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wow, this is gorgeous!!! I never use kraft, but the way you put these colors together is beautiful. I loved both the snowflakes and those adorable little mittens the moment I saw them in the sneeks of last release. I love this how project and it looks so easy to recreate!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh my, I love these.... and I so want some of that Memory Thread... how cool is that!?!?

    Thank you so much for sharing!!!

    ~Ola
    okj83 at live dot com

    ReplyDelete
  39. Gorgeous and a triple play in my game book! and that is one reson why I had to have those die cuts...I just love them!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Oh my that tag is beautiful! I just put it on my list for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  41. So soft and pretty. I love how the mittens are hanging on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Oh Michelle! This is STUNNING! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  43. That light blue color is jut perfect with the craft bag color!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Oh, I'm thinking beyond the holidays with this trio. Cold winter months where you need a sweet little set to give. This is lovely with the snowflakes and sweet mittens.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Okay, it's official! I am in love with kraft paper!!! I have to get some!

    ReplyDelete
  46. I just LOVE white on kraft paper & the details are too pretty! Great set:)

    ReplyDelete
  47. Gorgeous set! I love those snowflakes, and your bow with embellishments is sooo pretty! Very nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Who knew a craft bag could be so elegant - I have never seen silver domes attached to a bag before, but this looks GREAT! I really like that card and that elegant tag with the big snowflake as well.

    ReplyDelete
  49. I love the colors you used on your trio! So fabulous! The flakes look great.

    ReplyDelete
  50. I love the color combo. The snowflakes look so great on the craft color!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Gotta love it and not just because you used my favorite color either!

    ReplyDelete