Thursday, November 18, 2010

Winter Release Project Parade - Day 2


Hello Verve Fans, it's Shannan here with day two of the Verve Winter Release Project Parade! This month's theme is "Triple Play" - where the challenge is to create a terrific trio of yumminess! This can be to create three different things that all coordinate (like a bag, a card and a tag) or to create three different cards or three different cards. I love adding handmade tags to gifts, but usually don't take the time to make them, so I thought I'd make a little set for you today!

I was inspired by my new paper from My Mind's Eye, from the Lost and Found collection, so I created a shabby trio of large gift tags that could be used for holiday gifts or other occasions.



I stamped and cut three pieces of the Vintage Oval Frame using the stamp and matching die. Then I stamped sentiments from Joy for the Journey, Merry Wishes, and Dream Big, as well as the little twig image from Merry Wishes inked with Wild Wasabi and Cherry Cobbler markers. Then I added some chunky glass glitter to the edges of the frames.


For the top of each tag, I used the Sweet Scallop Tag die to cut a piece from the damask patterned paper and adhered it to the back of the pink tag with the music score. Then I tied some seam binding to the top so I could attach each tag to my gifts.



After sponging the edges of the tag, I added another strip of damask paper across the bottom with a scalloped border, a strip of Cherry Cobbler cardstock, then finally some cream jumbo ric-rac.



To finish the tags off, the Vintage Oval panels were popped up with foam dimensionals. Here's a close-up view of one of the tags:


Well, that's it for me today...I hope you enjoyed my project! And of course we'd love for you to play along! Here are the details:

Challenges and Prizes:

---- One lucky contestant who plays along with the Triple Play Challengewill receive the entire January Release AND will be our Guest Diva for the month of January!!! WOOHOO!!!

---- As always, we've hidden a little prize along the parade. A lucky random commenter on one of the official Parade Posts (11/17 through 12/7) will receive a $25 Verve gift certificate!! Woot!!!

View all the challenge and prize details and submit your Triple Play Challenge projects using the official Project Parade Entry Form and check out all the details of this month's project parade!!!!

Have a fabulous day!

60 comments:

  1. OM gosh; aren't those just beautiful - love the colors; so lush and elegant!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannan, those are beautiful! I love the colors..so vintage looking. Really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful tags!!! I love those colors and your distressy, vintage-y look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous tags--so elegant, so vintage, yet so simple!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are fabulous tags! What amazing detail went into them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tag trio is amazing and I love the colors you used! I adore the berries, too, and must get mine inky!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute, cute, cute!! I am just tag crazy right now!! Love these!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really pretty! I love your paper, too. The colors are so elegant. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful tags! Love the vintage feeling & chunky glitter. Fabulous work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so pretty, so elegant and vintage-y. Love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so beautiful.....I love them.....so romantic and elegant....tfs

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are so elegant! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Some gorgeous tags you've made Shannan. Lovely soft colours and you have added some amazing details to all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So lovely, that DP coordinated perfectly with those Verve sets. I love that berries stamp especially.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the tags Shannan. That is one of my favorite things to create right now.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such pretty colors!! I love the music paper in pinks! These are just great!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, I love your gorgeous tags! The glitter adds just the right touch, too. Thanks for sharing with us today during the project parade. :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. These tags are really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great tags!

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great color combination1 I like the glitter edged frames!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So beautiful! I love the glass glitter and bows on these.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I just love tags, Shannan. Yours are full of such beautiful details :) I love them by themselves or on cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are beautiful! Loving the colors and the little bit of sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love your tag trio! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  25. These tags are beautiful! I like the chunky glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  26. These three tags are very special. I really like the chunky red glitter around the sentiment frame. Outstanding! These give me lots of good ideas. Thanks for sharing, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  27. OMG. These tags are gorgeous and the colors are so vintage. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  28. love love love the DPs!!! great LO- so pretty :D

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love your trio of vintage style tags!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh my I love the colours you used on these tags. So soft and vintage.

    ReplyDelete
  31. So beautiful! I love all the wonderful little elegant details.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful tags! I love the chunky glitter frames around the sentiments, it really sets them off.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I am loving making tags, and yours are no exception to beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  34. The colors and vintage flair of these tags are fabulous-I have to go make some tags now-you have inspired me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Your tags are beautiful. Love the pink and red colors and the details. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  36. The way the Thank you is stamped... I love that!
    Gorgeous ton the whole

    ReplyDelete
  37. Holy moly, what a sweet sight. The tags are incredibly beautiful, so soft and sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Beautiful tags, Shannan!! The colors and papers are just so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  39. beautiful tags and so vintage pretty

    ReplyDelete
  40. Gorgous tags... I love vintage!

    Thank you so much for sharing!!!

    ~Ola
    okj83 at live dot com

    ReplyDelete
  41. Shannon, love your triplets!
    The music score is so cool in the background and I just love that oval die!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Oooh, these have such a romantic feel to them. Maybe it's the colors, or the dp, or the glitter! They're beautiful, Shannan!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Your tags are incredible, Shannan! Soooo elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Fantastic tags! I love your shabby chic look.

    ReplyDelete
  45. I'm such a fan of the Vintage stamp and die, especially with that chunky glitter! What beautiful tags you've made.

    ReplyDelete
  46. I see a lot of holiday projects using red and greens but...I love these soft winter colors..I might have to scraplift! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Just gorgeous tags! I really love the non-traditional colors and the vintage look:) So elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  48. How lovely! The recipients will be lucky ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Great idea, and good inspiration. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Pretty tags. I like the vintagey feel to them.

    ReplyDelete
  51. This trio of tags is perfect. I haven't done my Christmas tags yet, and I think I am going to case yours for my tags! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  52. I love the wonderful rich color and the vintage look is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Beautiful work! I love the color combo and the chunky glitter is just so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Oh so pretty! I really love that unexpected color for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete