Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Winter Release Project Parade - Day 1


Hello Verve Fans! I am so excited to kick off the Verve Winter Release Project Parade for you today! The theme of this month's Project Parade is "Triple Play" - where the challenge is to create a terrific trio of yumminess! This can be to create three different things that all coordinate (like a bag, a card and a tag) or to create three different cards or three different cards. There are so many different possibilities for a Verve-a-licious trio of yumminess that its hard to choose anyone set, so I thought it would be fun to create a giftset from a couple of different stamp sets. I love making little gifts that I can have on hand and it was fun to create this little trio consisting of a card, a mug filled with everything ready for some hot cider with mulling spices and a CD that you can burn with your very own holiday playlists. Here is a picture of my holiday trio:

I used this week's lovely Mojo Monday sketch #165 for my card and used the sentiment from the Plain Jane Christmas Blessings. I stamped the Sweet Scallop Tag three times and cut it out using the Sweet Scallop Die and then embossed the cut tags with a Cuttlebug embossing folder. I love the tag from the Glad Tidings stamp set and stamped it three times and cut out the snowflake and adhered it to the Sweet Scallop Dies.
I created three of these tags for each of my projects to coordinate all three items together. For the second part of my triple play, I created a little mug filled with a small bottle of mulling spices, some cinnamon and a teeny little grater for the cinnamon. Nothing quite says winter like the delicious smell of mulling spices in baked goods or in hot cider :) I used the sentiment "Just For You" from the Glad Tidings stamp set and used the sentiment "Merry" from the Merry Wishes stamp set.

I used the medium and small snowflakes in the Glad Tidings stamp set to create a little topper for the bottle of mulling spices and decorated the rest with some ribbon and twine. Here is another angle for what is in the mug:
For the last project in my triple play, I cut out some cardstock for the decorated it as an insert for a CD. I thought it would be fun to create a holiday playlist and burn a couple of copies as quick presents. I used the sentiments from the Merry Wishes stamp set to create this sentiment: "Joy to the World". 
The ribbon can slide out for the CD case to open. I stamped some snowflakes from the Glad Tidings stamp set in Stazon Ink (first, I burned our holiday music onto the CD and then stamped and I heat set the snowflakes for a second after stamping it)

Project Details:
Paper: Echo Park Merry Christmas Collection and Bazzill cardstock
Ink: Memento Bamboo leaves, Cottage Ivy, LadyBug Red, Stazon Olive ink and copics
Accessories: twine, heart punch, Spellbinders, MS snowflake punch, white gel pen, small bottle for the mulling spices, a holiday mug, CD case and ribbon from stash

I loved making each of the creations for today's Winter Project Parade's Triple Play and can't wait to see what you are going to create with the Triple Play challenge!!!

_____________________________________________________________________________


Challenges and Prizes:

---- One lucky contestant who plays along with the Triple Play Challengewill receive the entire January Release AND will be our Guest Diva for the month of January!!! WOOHOO!!!

---- As always, we've hidden a little prize along the parade. A lucky random commenter on one of the official Parade Posts (11/17 through 12/7) will receive a $25 Verve gift certificate!! Woot!!!

View all the challenge and prize details and submit your Triple Play Challenge projects using the official Project Parade Entry Form and check out all the details of this month's project parade!!!!

Thank you for stopping by today!
Hugs,
Sankari :)

68 comments:

  1. This is such an awesome gift set. The colors and patterns work so wonderfully together. Really really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing gift trio - I never thought about stamping a CD - awesome idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an awesome trio!! So beautiful and making us remind of the holiday season ahead :D

    Loved the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, wow, wow! Awesome job! The CD is genius!! I can't wait to get going!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful gift set. I can't stop starring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, you have really rocked an awesome trio of gifts! Love the traditional, bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You knocked my socks off with this! I LOVE the cup with stuff in it. Fantastic trio!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your triple play. Stamping on the CD is so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! A trio of yummy holiday goodness. I LOVE the CD idea. What a wonderful and fun gift idea! Go Sankari!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous project! I love the CD holder!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a wonderful gift set, Sankari! Love how you stamped the CD and added all of the fabulous details to tie it all together!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this is so gorgeous and fun! i love the stamped CD - too cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What great projects. They are beautiful. Love the tags.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, I am so glad I got that stamp set!!! Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun idea, Sankari! Your creations are always incredible. I hope I can play long.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this so sweet! I totally love your idea of stamping on the CD!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your trio is stunning, absolutely love all the colors and the many details on your project. A fabulous gift for someone special.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous trio! I like the traditional colors and the bling.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Had to delete my first comment as I gave Julee the credit instead of you Sankiri!! Not awake yet LOL! Love your use of the mojo sketch and the striped mug is too fun :) Brilliant idea to decorate the CD. A wonderful gift set for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. So awesome. Love your trio set, wonderful colors, great creatitivity!

    ReplyDelete
  21. what a fabulous gift set!! I love the idea of stamping on the CD itself! Never would have thought of that!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This gift set is fabulous! I love what you did with the
    cd and case!!!Thanks for sharing this great project.

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW, beautiful gift set; love the cinnamon and little grater - too stinking cute! Love the dry embossing; so many details, just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a cute, colorful, unique and thoughtful set! The card is a knockout, the cup and CD are such a neat bonus idea, so personal. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is a wonderful gift set Sankari! Love the awesome colors!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh what a fun gift set! I love the traditional Christmas colors you used - SO festive! Thanks for sharing with us during the project parade. :D

    ReplyDelete
  27. so gorgeous!!!! Love the vibrant colours and each and every perfect detail :) Can I be on your gift list? LOL hugs and love, sweet girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Just love these elegant work... color, the snowflake... aww well done!

    ReplyDelete
  29. What an awesome trio - I love the colors and how cheery it is!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow... what beautiful festive gifts. I particularly like the layout of the CD case, with the sheet music paper and wavey lines.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Such beautiful projects! They are so rich and alive with warm colors!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Ohhhh.. Guest Divahood?!?!!? Awesome!! This is a lovely set, Sankari! I can't wait to play along!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Spectacular! And what a great idea. I love the Christmas music CD. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Absolutely gorgeous projects! Such vibrant colors - your work always stands out!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I have never participated in one of these, but I think it looks like fun. Sign me up!!!!

    ~~

    ReplyDelete
  36. This is so beautiful.....I love your DP.....so elegant......tfs

    ReplyDelete
  37. Such vibrant creations! So clever! Whoever receives this is very lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  38. This is a beautiful gift set! I like the stamped CD!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Oh wow - what a gorgeous set. Love the ribbon treatment on the card and all the bling on the CD case. You sure have packed a lot of goodies in the pkg.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Wow, the mug, card and tag and the CD case are really spectacular. A very "doable" triple play for the rest of us to glean ideas from. I particularly liked the scalloped technique on the bottom of your card. Thanks for sharing, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  41. wow great trio set and the color combo just screams Christmas. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  42. i love your project!! great combo of papers and colors, and such creative gifts!!! i may just have to "borrow" the cider spices gift idea :D thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  43. What a delightful gift set. Sure to be popular with the recipient!

    ReplyDelete
  44. fabulous set! Stamping on the CD is sucha cool touch and who wouldn't want to recieve this gift. Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Oh my this is gorgeous! I love the colors for the holidays, as always you have done a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  46. What a fabulous gift to recieve! I love all the details within the set and the CD-awesome idea-love it!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Wow, what a great gift set. You did a wonderful job on them. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  48. Wowy zowy! This is one gorgeous gift set. The festive colors really catch the eye and the contents are so well thought out. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  49. WOW, WOW, WOW!! There is so much gorgeousness here! The stamped CD is SO cool!

    ReplyDelete
  50. beautiful trio - the layers and colors and sponging - all gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Beautiful Project! I am going to have to find time to play

    ReplyDelete
  52. What an amazing gift set.... the perfect trio!

    Thank you so much for sharing!!!

    ~Ola
    okj83 at live dot com

    ReplyDelete
  53. How clever to think of doing all that and the CD is amazing. Great ideas for gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Ok, how am I even supposed to compete with these?! They are AMAZING! You always manage to have the most beautiful balance of color, texture and liquid pearls. :) I think I'm just going to stare at these for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Amazing trio, Sankari! Such a festive gift idea and as usual, your attention to detail is second-to-none!

    ReplyDelete
  56. I love the bright holiday colors!

    ReplyDelete
  57. I just love the Sweet Scallop stamp and die. Your trio is so pretty together, especially the CD. What a fantastic idea for gift giving!

    ReplyDelete
  58. Super cute projects! I love the Christmas mug gift...

    ReplyDelete
  59. Just gorgeous! I LOVE those rich colors and all that texture and detail:)

    ReplyDelete
  60. I love your set! The CD decoration and idea are absolutely great! And, the tags are fabulous, love the colors and the snowflakes. Very nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  61. WOW! I love this gift set! Great bright colors and that mug with all the inserts are great!

    ReplyDelete
  62. Wow I think your creations are stunning!! The colors, all the embossing and embellies are fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  63. Wow, how inventive with your trio & would have never though of doing a CD that way. I'm sorry but I will have to CASE you now. (tehehe)

    ReplyDelete
  64. Great set! Love the bright colors and details.

    ReplyDelete
  65. This is a great set! Happy colors and so festive. Not to mention creative with the CD!

    ReplyDelete