Tuesday, September 7, 2010

August Release Project Parade: Day 10


Hi everyone it's Michelle!  I'm here to share my Something Old, Something New card.  I actually need some wedding cards, so this was a perfectly named challenge for me!  I love the idea of showcasing some of the older sets this month -like most of you, my older sets are sadly neglected.

The 2 sets I used are Love's Flower (released in Jan 2010) and the current release set, Love Story.  I stamped the branch blossom image from Love's Flower with Crumb Cake ink down the left side of the card front and lightly colored them in with the R11 ( Pale Cherry Pink) copic marker.  I then stamped the tiny flower with Pink Pirouette ink and added a touch of white gel pen to the centers.  The flourish heart is also stamped with Crumb Cake ink and colored in with copic markers.

The pearl flourish is from Zva Creative.  I used my favorite trick and cut off the last pearl of the flourish and replaced it with a colored one! 

Are you ready to play along?  Here's all the details about how you can and win some VERVE:

1. Play along with us and link up your new SOMETHING OLD, SOMETHING NEW creation (posted August 25th or later) to the linky widget on the DAY 1 PARADE POST before midnight on Wednesday, September 15th. One lucky stamper will win a $30.00 gift certificate to the Verve Store.

2. For another chance to win, be sure to give the Divas a little shout-out in the comments section as we parade our SOMETHING OLD, SOMETHING NEW creations. One lucky commenter during the course of the parade will win the Verve stamp set of their choosing!

36 comments:

  1. Very very pretty Michelle. The pink goes so well with the kraft cardstock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So elegant! I love the hints of pink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Michelle, love the crumb cake paired with a soft pink like this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beatiful and elegant!! Wonderful creation!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful. I don't think I would think of using the craft as my base, but it really makes the whole thing pop! Love the trick with the pink pearl. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, how beautiful!! I love the colors you used and the layout. Really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful - and that little splash of colour is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully done, Michelle. Love the colour combo and the pearls.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! I never would have thought kraft for a wedding card, but that just looks so nice! The colors go perfectly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just beautiful Michelle. I love the color combination and the pearls give such an elegant look. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card! Great mix of kraft and perals.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a pretty card! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The pearls on this card are so special!

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is beautiful. I love the new crumb cake ink. The pearls on this, just make it gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so beautiful! I love the bling and flower and sentiment! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for sharing this lovely wedding card with us during the project parade. :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow this is gorgeous! Love the kraft and pink, just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh, Michelle, those pearls and ribbon are just too dreamy :) And everything is perfect on the kraft :) stunning, sweetie, just stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, how lovely! I adore those pearls.

    ReplyDelete
  20. How delicate and pretty! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely gorgeous! I'm using a lot of kraft cardstock lately, it goes so well with many colors but I never thought to use it for a wedding card. Thanks for sharing and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  22. this card is lovely and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous!! What a wonderful wedding card- love the pink pearl!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh, how beautiful, Michelle! The pearls really add a special touch!

    ReplyDelete
  25. this is soooo gorgeous Michelle, I adore the pearls...very sweet gf!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  26. this is soooo gorgeous Michelle, I adore the pearls...very sweet gf!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  27. Michelle-
    I love how soft and elegant this card is. The pearl and pinks and the crumb cake are just so perfect together.

    Calypso

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the pearls with the swiss dots embossing! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This card is really soft and pretty! I love how you stamped the almost watermark border down the left side. It adds interest without overloading the card.

    ReplyDelete
  30. So pretty and elegant, Michelle! Great card and who would have thought about kraft and pearls!

    ReplyDelete