Monday, July 12, 2010

July Project Parade~Day One...


Welcome to Verve's July Project Parade!!  This month's theme is very fun and spirited...


. . . . . MY HERO . . . . .

This may be a person serving your country, a family member or a friend.  For mine, I was inspired by 2 things...people who in general make my life happy and those fighting for our freedom.  When brainstorming for this project, I knew that I wanted something fun, festive, a 3D project and, of course, a little chocolate always makes it better...right!!??  So this is what I came up with using the new Verve release, American Hero...


Are you looking at this and questioning "what in the world are those?"  They are chocolate dipped and sprinkled marshmallows on lollipop sticks. YUMMY!

I created the base of the box by cutting out 4 Nestabilities die cuts from red cardstock and scoring them on each side, as well as along the bottom.  I then attached another piece of cardstock to the bottom, creating a box.  I cut out 4 more of the Nestabilities from white cardstock and then just cut out a strip about an inch wide from the middle portion.  I used a styrofoam sphere that I cut flat on one side and adhered to the inside of the box using hot glue to hold the lollipop sticks in place.  The ribbons were tied around the lollipop sticks and are supposed to reminiscent of fireworks.  I placed a stamped and punched star with a shiny rhinestone over the knot to give it a little something "extra."




To make the marshmallows you need:

Large marshmallows
Dipping Chocolate (I used Baker's in it's own microwavable container)
Sprinkles
Lollipop Sticks

To make them...
Heat chocolate according to packaging instructions.  Place a marshmallow on a lollipop stick and dip into chocolate.  Shake excess chocolate off (I actually twisted it off so there wouldn't be too much on the marshmallow).  Roll in the sprinkles and place stick upright  (I used a stryofoam block) and place in refrigerator to harden.

Here are a few more shots of the marshmallows and supplies...






And as with all of our project parades, there are prizes!!!!


1. Play along with us and link up your new My Hero creation (posted July 12th or later) to the linky widget on TODAY'S (Day 1) parade post before midnight on July 30th. One lucky stamper will win a $30.00 gift certificate to the Verve Store. Verve Stamps are not required, but we LOVE to see ‘em! 


2. For another chance to win, be sure to give the Divas a little shout-out in the comments section as we parade our My Hero creations. One lucky commenter during the course of the parade (July 12 ~ July 28) will win the Verve stamp set of their choosing!

50 comments:

  1. Wow what a great idea. Love that you listed all of your creating details and even gave us a tutorial with photos for the marshmallows. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea. These would have been great for the 4th. Maybe next year. Thanks for all the info.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great idea.....I may like these marshmallows, they are dipped in chocolate...lol...sweet project Jen!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cute project and I love the marshmallows. Great idea

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun, marshmellows on a stick! My son would be over the moon :D Love the container you made for them too. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous and yummy!!! I could never make these as I would eat them before I gave them away!!!! Fun idea and gorgeous stamping :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh, I love this, the marshmellows, chocolate and sprinkles is a great idea. And the way you packaged it is awesome. A great idea for any occasion. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea!....love the chocolate dipped marshmellows (yummy)....would be a great table setting for a party!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those treats are such a fun idea!

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum Yum! So clever of an idea! And so easy for kids to take part in, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome idea...Ever since I made treasure-chest party favors for my grand son's birthday party, all of my grand kids expect me to make favors for their bithday...I'm thinking these would be great..you can change the theme to practically anything!!
    Thanks for sharing and the marshpops are cool too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute! And could be used for so many themes. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  13. SUPER Cute! I love the marshmallows, I really have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this idea for any holiday or special day; how cute for Christmas? One more recipe saved. Thank you, Verve.
    Peace, Becky Johnson
    princes729@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great project. Those sound yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You make things so gorgeous and so easy to do! I'll have to make some of these for the family reunion for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  17. a great project -- made even better with chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh yumm-o! Those look so good! I got the American Hero set too! Can't wait to get it all inked up so I can send my hubby a card!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yum-o! That is so cute, can't be too expensive, and relatively simple to make. So why can't I think of such a cute project?? LOL. Great job, Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Terrific..I have a Welcome Home Party Planned for my son for next week. He's back in the States from a 2 1/2 yr deployment. These will be on the "MENU" Thanks for such a great idea...

    ReplyDelete
  21. A very clever idea and what a cute box!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, I love it . Thanks for the list of things needed for the treats.
    I have a pot luck picnic coming up and I know what I am going to make,lol.

    ReplyDelete
  23. The box and the treats are fabulous! I love the marshmallows. Going to have to try that soon!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oopps ... I posted about the Day One darling marshmallow creation on Day Two - so I'll post about Day Two here ... LOVE the flag! My husband is a decorated vietnam veteran so I'm always on the lookout for patriotic inspiration for cards, etc. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a fun, yummy idea! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is so great, I don't even like marshmellows but those look tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Yum!!! Such a great idea!

    ♥Lea

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ok. I need to make those marshmallow treats! They look soooo yummy! What a great little gift box. Those would be a great table decoration at a 4th of July BBQ as well! Dessert's already on the table!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Jen, another winner! What a "sweet" project!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a wonderful, beautiful project! I just love this!

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a delicious and beautiful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Mary (Happy Now)July 13, 2010 at 7:47 PM

    Oh, this is fantastic... Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Fab idea - I love all your details, including the star on the ribbons.

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is a terrific idea and sooooo easy. Love your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  35. The marshmallows are such a great idea - thanks for sharing how to make them! I think even I can do that! :) I love your project!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. YUM! It makes want to make this treat right now. LOL Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  37. What a cute box and project. Those chocolate covered marshmallows look devine!

    I have a question, does the contest project have to be a Verve Stamp in order to enter? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wow, what a brilliant idea! Love that Box! And the chocolate Marshmallows!
    Hugs Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  39. I just love this idea- how fun and patriotic.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I think you're my new hero - LOL!! I love these marshmallows and how you packaged them!! I've been hopping in reverse (I'm a little behind in my blogging) so I've seen so many great projects...but yours is awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. Love this idea - and great entries so far - I'm going to try to find the time to do one too!

    ReplyDelete
  42. What a cute idea!! You did a wonderful job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  43. What a sweet gift idea! So festive!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Great festive project. I think I'll make them with the kids soon.

    ReplyDelete