Monday, July 26, 2010

July Project Parade ~ Day 11

Hello Verve fans!

Today it is my turn, Lynda, to show you my project for this months Project Parade!!! If you haven't been keeping up with the Diva's AMAZING projects, you can just scroll down here on the Verve blog and find TONS of inspiring projects! The theme this month is My Hero. I have to say, I had a hard time at first with the theme because I don't have any family members or close friends that are serving in the Military. Then I started to think outside the box and discovered that I DO have a hero in my life even though he doesn't serve in the military, he is a hero in my eyes as well as the City of Salinas where he is a police officer.

My Hero is my brother who is an amazing person, father, friend, etc... He is only 16 months older than me and I have to say, we have ALWAYS been close. Sure, we fought as all siblings do but I can't remember him EVER being hateful or mean to me or anyone. Our Mom, who we both loved with all our hearts, died when I was 18 and Dave was 19. This was a very difficult time for us but if anything, it brought us even closer.

He had always wanted to be a Police Officer and pursued that dream after we lost our Mom and has been serving ever since. I don't know if you all watch Cops but my kids love it so we watch it quite often. I don't know HOW these officers have the patience to deal with some of the situations they have to deal with. I truly feel that ALL Police Officers are Hero's and should be treated as such!

I actually already sent my project to Dave and he should receive it today!!! He loves Chocolate Chip cookies and Starbucks so it would only seem right to incorporate the two in to my project today!

The bag is actually a coffee bag and is from PTI. I stamped the stars from Verve's American Hero, directly on the bag using Snow White ink from PTI. The DP is from Making Memories Just Chillin' Collection. To make the window, I layered two different sizes from the Labels One Nesties. The clear acetate part was already there so I didn' t need to add anything. The large stars were punched using my SU! punch and on the gift card holder. I also used the small star punch on the gift card holder.

I used the same EK Success border punch on both the bag and gift card holder. I added the flourish, from Blue Skies stamp set, below the star using Antique Linen ink and then added some Zva clear rhinestones. The ribbon at the top is from May Arts.

I used the same products on the gift card holder except I added the sentiment from Verve's One Person stamp set and was stamped on another piece of paper from the same collection using Cocoa Momento ink. You can't see it but I added a silver star eyelet which is under where the tag is located.

Here is a picture of the inside ~

As with all of our project parades, there are prizes!!!!
1. Play along with us and link up your new My Hero creation (posted July 12th or later) to the linky widget on the DAY ONE parade post before midnight on July 30th. One lucky stamper will win a $30.00 gift certificate to the Verve Store. Verve Stamps are not required, but we LOVE to see ‘em!

2. For another chance to win, be sure to give the Divas a little shout-out in the comments section as we parade our My Hero creations. One lucky commenter during the course of the parade (July 12 ~ July 28) will win the Verve stamp set of his or her choosing!

32 comments:

  1. Very clever! Great colour combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! The color combo is terrific, and the sentiment is heartfelt. My hubby is in law enforcement, too, and you're right, they are heroes! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! My hubby and I both work in the LE field, and yes, your brother is a hero- every day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet gift set!

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the coffee bag idea and I'm going to CASE it!! Super sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, wow, I love it. The colors are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great color and creativity. Yes thanks to the people who protect us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great project. Love the color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mary (Happy Now)July 26, 2010 at 8:37 AM

    I love the colors on this project... Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a sweet gift!! I'm sure your brother will LOVE it!! I LOVE the color combination...GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a wonderful gift idea and I love the color scheme you used!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I love it! So sweet in more ways than one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the colors and what a nice presetnation for the gift card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful gift! I love how you shared your relationship with your brother. Sounds like a wonderful hero to me! Your color choices are so pretty, and who doesn't love Starbucks?? TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your story. Policemen have a very tough job and not a lot of thanks at times so a very fitting project for your brother! Love how you did the bag and GC holder. I'm sure he will love getting it :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this - great color combo, great project idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely gift to someone very deserving.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely AMAZING! I love the star paper. The gift card holder is great and the cookie package is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is such a lovely gift and I'm sure your brother will love it. Your color combinations are divine and I love the punched trim too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lynda, this is so very sweet, great hero story and project!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  21. You made simple look soooo good! That color combo is great too. Fun project and great gift idea.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great gift ideas! Love the colors. Thanks for sharing them with us during the project parade. :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very cute combo! Our Law Enforcement are definitely hero's! I bet your brother loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh that is just fabulous! I'm sure he loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a wonderful project! Of course, police officers are heros!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fantastic gift idea, yours is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a wonderful way to package some love to your brother. I'm sure he will appreciate the cookies and gift card. I love the color combo and all the stars!

    ReplyDelete
  28. beautiful!! love the color combo and all the different stars :D

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love these colors. Your brother and all police officers are special people. I bet he loved this gift!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I absolutely love that starry dp on your project. How lucky you are to have such a wonderful brother! And how lucky is he to have cookies on their way?!

    ReplyDelete