Friday, July 23, 2010

July Project Parade - Day 10

A great big happy Friday, Verve fans!  It's Laurie here, and I'm excited to share with you my project for this month's Project Parade!  The theme this month, My Hero, poses the perfect opportunity to create a little "sumpin', sumpin'" for the people that inspire others by their actions and character...at least in my opinion!!


Have you ever been around someone, even for a very short time, and immediately feel better?  The friend that I made this gift ensemble for is like that!  Not only is she inspiring to me by what she had accomplished, but the depth of character she has is remarkable!  I so want to be like her when I grow up!

Nothing says "you're awesome" quite like chocolate, don't you think?  {{grin}}  A quick bow and flower make the perfect packaging for this over-sized chocolate bar.
For my card, I combined the notebook and flourish image from the Blue Skies set with one of the sentiments from the American Hero set.   I just LOVE how the sentiments from American Hero and Always on My Mind fit into the the AWESOME little notebook image (from the Blue Skies set)!  :-)

_________________________________________


As with all of our project parades, there are prizes!!!!

1. Play along with us and link up your new My Hero creation (posted July 12th or later) to the linky widget on the DAY ONE parade post before midnight on July 30th. One lucky stamper will win a $30.00 gift certificate to the Verve Store. Verve Stamps are not required, but we LOVE to see ‘em!

2. For another chance to win, be sure to give the Divas a little shout-out in the comments section as we parade our My Hero creations. One lucky commenter during the course of the parade (July 12 ~ July 28) will win the Verve stamp set of his or her choosing!

34 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, Laurie! I love the woodgrain you used over the vellum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Wow, WOW!!! This is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so yummy - and pretty too! Great combo of elements.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome! I love all the detailing on your card with the rich colors. Can't go wrong with chocolate either... super gift!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely. So vintage-looking, and perfectly paired with the chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! I love the card...the paper is so nice and with the chocolate bar...mmmm-mmmm!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! This is breath taking, so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a beautiful card! And the chocolate! Absolutely fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card. Love the chocolate bar idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an absolutely lovely idea. This is quite a special ensemble. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So nice... very unique from the other parade projects. I love the color scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute, cute, cute......
    muito fofo....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I LOVE this shabby chic vintage style card! Just fabulous! Thanks for sharing it with us during the project parade. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card and a very yummy chunk of chocolate to go with it! I'm sure your friend will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a gorgeous card...and you're always a winner with chocolate!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This card is GORGEOUS! and of course Chocolate is always the bestest! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, this is beautiful.
    I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my gosh, this card is just gorgeous, it is vintage, countryish, stylish and so sentimental. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Laurie this is just super! I love that little notebook too! Beautiful stuff...

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so nice. Love the DP and your colors. I have this sentiment and love the way you chose to use it. Thanks for the inspirations.

    ReplyDelete
  21. this is gorgeous, I adore the card and well the chocolate is always fantastic!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  22. How beautiful! I'm sure your friend will LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. So elegant and classy!

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  24. GORGEOUS! Wow! So beautiful and stunning! Love the details on that!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Mary (Happy Now)July 25, 2010 at 7:24 PM

    So, so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow! So beautiful! What a l truly lovely idea. I'm sure anyone would love to receive this wonderful set.

    ReplyDelete
  27. What an elegant card, and by just adding a bow to the candy - great quick gifty idea!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Another great project on the parade!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow, Laurie! Your style never ceases to amaze me! What a gorgeous project!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Laurie you've done it again and created another fabulous card!....I'm loving the chocolate theme with the candy and colors on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful way to dress up some delish chocolate. The coordinated card is beautiful. Your friend will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  32. So gorgeous, Laurie! I'm not sure that chocolate would have made it to the recipient if it had been in my hands. Yum!

    ReplyDelete