Wednesday, June 2, 2010

May Project Parade - Day 13

Good morning everyone, it's Sankari here :) Haven't all the summer sizzilin' projects been HOT HOT HOT!!! Simply and totally awesome! Don't forget that you have until June 7 to submit your totally rad creations for a chance to win!!

Summer always reminds me of cooking with garden vegetables and sauteing with freshly picked herbs. One of my very good friends is an amazing gardner and is a wonderful cook - and she loves the colors yellow and teal. So I decorated a terracotta pot for her using the Happy Days and One Person stamps and wanted to give her this special present
I painted the pot with her favorite colors and then stamped the beautiful flowers from the One Person stamp set . The circle image in the center is also from this same stamp set. I love that these stamps are clear because it is easy to see where to stamp and also to bend the stamp a little to match the curve of the pot. I stamped the sentiment: "You're So Amazing" and used the stamps from the Happy Days stamp set to create this sentiment. This side of the pot says: "You're So....


And the other side of the pot says: "Amazing". After stamping and then coloring the pot, I added some liquid pearls - really - I couldn't help myself - what can I say - I simply {heart} liquid pearls :).


For the finishing touch - I sprayed an acrylic protective finish onto the pot so that it seals the paint in and can be displayed outside even in inclement weather. I planted some basil into the pot and hope that she gets a big smile on her face everytime she goes to use her basil plant!

Here's a picture of the plant outside after the rainstorm:

I loved creating this little basil pot for my friend and can't wait to give it to her! Speaking of giving away.... As with all of our Project Parades, we’ve got prizes! There are two ways to win:

1. Play along with us and link up your new Sizzlin’ Summer Fun creation (posted May 17 or later) to the linky widget on the Day 1 parade post before midnight on June 7th. One lucky stamper will win a $30.00 gift certificate to the Verve Store. Verve Stamps are not required, but we LOVE to see 'em!

2. For another chance to win, be sure to give the Divas a little shout-out in the comments section as we parade our Sizzlin’ Summer Fun creations. One lucky commenter during the course of the parade (May 17 ~ June 4) will win the Verve stamp set of their choosing!

34 comments:

  1. What a beautiful pot! I would love to have several of these out on my deck. Great project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGOSH! The sentiment is just perfect for this pot. I just love the bright and colorful colors with all the bling. I would love to have some of these around the house to brighten my day and put a smile on my face. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sankari, you used the absolute perfect word on the clay pot that I would use to describe your creation - AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing gift idea, Sankari! I have painted clay pots years ago and forgot all about them, so thanks for the idea to use stamps to decorate them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That colorful little pot just makes me smile out loud - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea! Anyone who loves to cook would so appreciate this :D Fabulously decorated too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! The colors are great and it is such a fun, summery project!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mary (Happy Now)June 2, 2010 at 9:24 AM

    Very bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sankari, your projects are always so sunny, cheery and amazing! Thank you so much for the inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea, Sankari! I've never seen stamps used this way and I'm totally curious to try it! Great job and I'm sure your friend will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, so sunny and bright, just like Sankari!! LOVE the bright colours and basil!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WHAT A SUPER FUN IDEA!!! My girls and I are totally all over this one!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh this is absolutely fabulous! I LOVE those colors!! I do have a question, do you have to prepare the inside of the pot so that if it absorbs water from the plant, it won't cause the paint to peel?

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is SO Sankari! I love it. I wish I had a front porch to put it on!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a very cool pot! I love love love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun and bright pot!

    It's a good life!
    Terri e.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So pretty--and now we have proof that stamps are great for more than just fiddling with paper!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What an awesome idea - and with basil to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the pot. Great idea. These would make great gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh gorgoues! What a beautiful pot! My MIL would LOVE if I did a gift like that for her. Great idea! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sankari, this is a fabulous idea...I luv plants and flowers and will have to make one of these in the future...great idea!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very creative! Thanks for sharing this great project with us during the parade. :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very cute what a cool idea and so colorful for a window or picnic table. I like

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow!! What a gorgeous pot!! I love your use of color in all of your projects, Sankari! TFS!!

    sueot33@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. MY CC
    u know how much I love dots!!!!
    Way to go!!!
    Flowers looks so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the painted pot! It makes such an impressive gift!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great idea, so bright and happy

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a cute little planter. Nice bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh my goodness. I just got my DH to buy me some potting soil to replant my basil! This is an awesome idea. I was going to use my empty milk carton, but I do have one of these pots calling my name, can you hear it? Love the designs and the pearls. You rock, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love this! I used to adore painting on pots... how fun to use Verve stamps them it too! Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'm blessed to see this even more:)))

    ReplyDelete