Tuesday, June 1, 2010

May Project Parade - Day 12

Good morning, it is Teresa.  I hope that everyone had a wonderful three day weekend, they are always great!  I am blown away by the divas projects, aren't you?  You have until June 7 to get your wonderful creation in for your chance to win.
I have created a Hand Fan/Church Fan, now I have to tell ya this was my husbands fabulous idea....I luv it!  I even looked up a little history(bottom of page) on these fans, it seems they are a status symbol as well as functional.  While I was creating it I was thinking back about the days as a young girl in church with my Mom and Aunt.  We used these in church back then, there was no air conditioning.  I had to add the white piece of trim for the nostalgia memory.  I used the Verve flowers from the set One Person.  The COOL sentiment is from the set Happy Days.  This would be perfect to take to ball games(cow bell attached....lol), lawn parties, and cook outs. 
The handle is a Lowe's paint stick.  I used white acrylic paint on the handle and then sanded it just a bit.
I made it 6 x 6, using a heavy duty watercolor paper(given to me by a friend).  I attached my 6 x 6 finished pages to the watercolor paper and then attached the stick and pages with Scor Tape.  It is super heavy duty and works wonderfully.
This is a picture of the back, using the matching designer paper from Cosmo Cricket DeLovely.  I will be in the tiki hut with my hand fan if you are looking for me....lol.

As with all of our Project Parades, we’ve got prizes! There are two ways to win:

1. Play along with us and link up your new Sizzlin’ Summer Fun creation (posted May 17 or later) to the linky widget on the Day 1 parade post before midnight on June 7th. One lucky stamper will win a $30.00 gift certificate to the Verve Store. Verve Stamps are not required, but we LOVE to see 'em!

2. For another chance to win, be sure to give the Divas a little shout-out in the comments section as we parade our Sizzlin’ Summer Fun creations. One lucky commenter during the course of the parade (May 17 ~ June 4) will win the Verve stamp set of their choosing!

32 comments:

  1. What a great idea. This is really pretty. Love your colors and those beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This fan is so fun and fresh and vibrant. What a neat idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty!! Love the flowers and ribbon! Thanks for the inspiration!

    sueot33@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute idea!!! and hear in Texas we would use it...all the time in sumer! :-) TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this would be perfect for my church. It's very "Little House on the Prairie" and we have no air. Summers are a wee bit HOT! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, what a fun idea! So fitting with our last little heat wave he had here.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful project!! Love the idea, and it is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a HUGE "fan" of this sweet craft idea!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Teresa, this is just the cutest fan and give Gary a high five for a 'cool' idea! LOL! This reminds me of the fans we used to have in the hymnal racks at church in the pre-AC era...they were always sponsored by local funeral homes! They never looked as stylish and pretty as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nobody told me it was a hubby/wife combo for DT positions ;). Fun idea and a great project.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooooh.....so precious! I can just see Scarlett using it...."Oh Rhett, how you do go on!"

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMGosh! This is one awesome idea. Love this color combo and embellishments. Thanks for this inspiring MOJO!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How cute is that? Love it! Reminds me of my grandmother's church when I was young, some of the pews had fans that I always played with. Yours is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mary (Happy Now)June 1, 2010 at 1:43 PM

    Beautiful AND clever! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a clever project, Teresa! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. COOL idea! (yeah, pun intended)
    I have used paint sticks for children's crafts--but never for my self! NOW I will!
    BRILLIANT! (and Beautifully done)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the cool colours...perfect for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this! I may have to try something like this for family reunion. It's in August this year - too hot!

    ReplyDelete
  19. How cute is this fan!!! Thanks for the fun idea.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Who doesn't remember church fans...sit down! What an awesome idea that DH had for this fun project!

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh how adoreable! Our church has those kind of fans (well nothing liek yours!) at the pews. I think I would MUCH prefer to use one like your snazzy creation! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a lovely idea... perfect for the project parade theme! It would make a fun giveaway at a women's function in the summer, or a make-and-take!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great fan! The colors are so pretty & love the flowers. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  24. gorgeous papers!! Wow!!! I would even use this with air conditioning because it's so fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is great! So very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I can just see someone sitting in church fanning them self with this. You gals are really showing off some clever ideas

    ReplyDelete
  27. I remember these fans - but they were never this cute. Maybe if I make a few, our weather will change and be summer (Terrible spring here)

    ReplyDelete