Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Project Parade~ Day Two

Welcome to day two of this month's Project Parade.  All of the Divas have great "Sizzlin' Summer Fun" projects to share in the upcoming days.  Did you see Charmaine's yesterday?  WOWZAS is that ever cuu-uute and creative!

I have been loving all of the fabric flowers that have been sprinkling the blogs over the past weeks.  I first really started to notice them about a month ago and went to You Tube and found a couple tutorials.  Here are a couple of the ones that I found that helped me create my flower....

Fabric Flower tutorial #1

Fabric Flower tutorial #2

Now that I have totally gotten into making these, I headed to Hancock Fabric this past weekend and picked up some fun summer-y type fabrics to create these fabric flowers.  I did mine in two layers; using 2 different sizes of scallop circle Nestabilities.  This is the flower that I came up with...



I thought this would be a fun gifty to someone going on vacation.  It's the perfect addition to a little sundress, sweater, purse, beach bag or you could even attach it to a headband for a cute hair accessory.  I attached the flower to a tag with coordinating papers and ribbon to complete the gift ensemble...






It's hard to tell from the photo above, but I added some clear embossing using the wave/flourish image from the set HAPPY DAYS to give it a little added dimension and texture...





Here are a couple more shots of the flower that I created...








Tag, you're it!  Come play along with the Divas for a chance at an awesome prize!

1. Play along with us and link up your new Sizzlin’ Summer Fun creation (posted May 17 or later) to the linky widget on Yesterday's (DAY ONE) parade post before midnight on June 7th. One lucky stamper will win a $30.00 gift certificate to the Verve Store. Verve Stamps are not required, but we LOVE to see ‘em!

2. For another chance to win, be sure to give the Divas a little shout-out in the comments section as we parade our Sizzlin’ Summer Fun creations. One lucky commenter during the course of the parade (May 17 ~ June 4) will win the Verve stamp set of their choosing!

41 comments:

  1. Oh I LOVE this flower! Such a neat idea to have it be removable, so that a person can use it!

    Have a great day.
    ~Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great innovation, send a card, wear the flower!!! Can't wait to get back and view the tutorials that you linked up for us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty flower, I love that you used the nestabilities on fabric. Cute card and the embossed flourish really adds a special touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Love that the flower can be removed and used in so many different ways!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had this container of fabric scraps that I was holding onto for no apparent reason, and now they have a purpose! These flowers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful and that flower is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your flower. Thanks for the tutorials

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the flower. Thanks for the tutorials.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your flower is adorable! It's so neat to remove it & use it! I rarely think of fabric w/nesties. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun big flower.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great flower and thanks for the links. Going to have to try one of these. Like how you can remove it and use if for something else. Great project :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! I really have to try this one! How wonderful this is...as all your projects are! XO

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your flower is beautiful!! So pretty! TFS!

    sueot33@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute and very summery! I can't wait to check out the links when I get home!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I adore this cute flower. I appreciate the tutorials. I had a sewing room full of fabric which I recently donated to a local Senior Citizens' Council since now I'm devoted to card making and NOW I need fabric. I appreciate the humor in this. ;0 Thank Heavens for my mom...her room is still loaded.
    Peace,Becky Johnson
    princes729@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the flowers! The links are great, too. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh how fabulous, Jen! I just LOVE your flower! I am definitely going to have to try this! Thanks for the tutorial links!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantastic flower! Lovin' these Summer projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Incredible fabric flower with so much versatility because it can be moved from place to place...almost like a piece of jewelry!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is just too cute! and a little gift to boot! I love love love the colors in the flower!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Mary (Happy Now)May 19, 2010 at 7:52 AM

    Ahh, fabric... Must. resist... ;) Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So cute! Love the flower, I have never used fabric and nesties.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a fabulous idea to have a removable embellishment to be used as a broach... sure beats having it thrown away, the inevitability of many cards.

    ReplyDelete
  24. gorgeous!!! Love the feel of fabric :) Great pops of colour...makes me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. That is a great flower... OMG and homemade too:))

    ReplyDelete
  26. These are really cool flowers. Thanks for posting the links to the tutorials. Great gift idea!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Jen I luv this flower, I have made a couple lately too...just fabulous!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh my, I so love this project! The colors are amazing! And what a great little pin!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wowee! That flower is gorgeous. I love the idea of being able to take it with you, separate from the card, which is also beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh dear I am so going to raid my fabric stash! This is such a lovely idea!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love love love that flower! I will be checking out the tutorials:-)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Awesome flower!! I never think to use fabric on my cards...can't wait to try it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a great flower and beautiful card. I love that the flower can be used on more than the card. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Lovin that flower! And the card is great too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. What a clever flower! I love the colors you used and the embossed flourish! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  36. This is FANTASTIC! I love the flower, I love the card. This is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  37. This flower is fabulous. The colors are wonderful!! New way to try my nesties???

    ReplyDelete
  38. This is so fun, the first time I came over to look and leave a comment, I got so side tracked and forgot to leave a comment

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love this flower. It is so beautiful. Going to have to get some nesties.

    ReplyDelete