Wednesday, May 19, 2010

May Project Parade ~ Day Three

Hey There Verve fans!  It's Jackie here with day three on the Sizzlin' Summer Fun Project Parade!  When I sat down to figure out what to do for my project I couldn't come up with anything!  Stamper's block, I guess!  But just the other day I had a friend ask me to make a graduation card for a teen girl whose school colors were blue and gold.  I was stumped so I sat down and took out the new set Happy Days and knew exactly what to do!!


I about screamed when I saw there was a graduation sentiment in this set!  I pulled out my new FAVORITE dp from October Afternoon, Thrift Shop and found these perfect papers to use!  The "have a happy" is one stamp and I wanted each word to be a different color, so I simply masked the words with scotch tape and stamped them in the colors that I chose to coordinate with the patterned paper, Summer Sunrise (PTI) and Not Quite Navy (SU!).  They were stamped on a piece of patterned paper that I later cut out with Circle Nestabilities.  The large gorgeous flourish was stamped in Not Quite Navy, cut out with paper snips and popped up for some dimension.  I used my favorite technique on the ribbon by ruffling it. The Hibiscus flower is the new Hibiscus Plain Jane and was stamped onto patterned paper.   And lastly, I rounded all of the corners with my Corner Chomper.  I love the soft look it gives the card.  Don't you think this is perfect for a young high school grad?

So, now it's your turn!! As with all of our Project Parades, we’ve got prizes! There are two ways to win:

1. Play along with us and link up your new Sizzlin’ Summer Fun creation (posted May 17 or later) to the linky widget on the Day 1 parade post before midnight on June 7th. One lucky stamper will win a $30.00 gift certificate to the Verve Store. Verve Stamps are not required, but we LOVE to see ‘em!


2. For another chance to win, be sure to give the Divas a little shout-out in the comments section as we parade our Sizzlin’ Summer Fun creations. One lucky commenter during the course of the parade (May 17 ~ June 4) will win the Verve stamp set of their choosing!

We can't wait to see your Sizzlin' Summer creations!!

46 comments:

  1. This is just adorable. Any graduating girl would just LOVE this. Love the cut out flourish with bling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gorgeous Graduation card! So non-"typical" I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful graduation card. I love the patterns and color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this grad card, Jackie, and it's so special because it's done in the school colors! Great summer card, also!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blue and gold were my school colors so I especially love this card creation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the touches of bling you used on the card. Fabulous card :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary (Happy Now)May 19, 2010 at 7:53 AM

    Love the colors... the flower on patterned paper... the flippy ribbon. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty graduation card! Love the paper and details! TFS!!

    sueot33@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool card!!
    Great for the age of a graduate. A little sophisticated and a little fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is one fabulous card. Great colors and details.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty graduation card, I know a young lady who would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this is so lovely. I especially love the flower stamped on patterned paper... what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a perfect card for any graduating teen! The colors go togheter perfectly and I love all the little details you added including the ruffled ribbon on the side! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this, Jackie! Awesome colors and layout. Love the patterned hibiscus and the ruffly ribbon treatment!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love these colours!!! That blue swish is divine!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Blue and yellow/gold are my favorite together...well one of my faves. Imagine what you could do if your creativity was on fire! This is an awesome card for a grad.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is super cute. I love your ruffle of ribbon too! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is super cute. I love your ruffle of ribbon too! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Jacky I love the summer Hibiscus!
    I grow up seing the all around me:))
    They r divine flowers

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooooh, GORGEOUS! I loe those colors. Every detail is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  21. PERFECTION!! Stampers block? You just had to have the right verse and away you went!

    Love everything about this graduation card.

    ~Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabulous artwork! It is so fun & so fresh! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love love love the blue and yellow together and the Kraft sets it off nicely. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Terrific card. The set with the flourish and the Plain Jane Hibiscus are at the top of my order list. What am I waiting for? Very nice work.
    Peace, Becky Johnson
    princes729@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love this graduation card. What pretty papers and colors. Love how you did the hibiscus and the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a fabulous card! A graduation sentiment in that set? How did I miss that?

    ReplyDelete
  27. Jackie this is gorgeous, perfect for a girl grad!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh what a fresh graduation card! I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I have always loved the color combo of blue and yellow. What a beautiful card! Thanks for sharing it with us during the Verve project parade. :D

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful for any graduate! That flourish looks amazing when paired with the flower and sentiment. Lovely job!

    ReplyDelete
  31. The card is beautiful! I want to know how you make the ribon part of the card...explain please!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Such fun colors!

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great card and I love those papers too!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Such a cute graduation card! Love the flower flourish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love that DP. I also love what you did with the ribbon. I will have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Such a great take on a grad card. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is such a beautiful card! I love the color combo and the patterns you chose work perfectly together. Great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I Love these colors and that ribbon is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Great card, very elegant, love the new stamps

    ReplyDelete
  40. Very cute. I love the hibiscus. Makes me want to go to Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete