Friday, March 5, 2010

Spring Fling: Sneak Peek 2 Big Wish

Hey there Verve fans! Jen Tapler here with another Sneak Peek for ya. Aren't you having fun with all this eye candy and these awesome challenges!? Today Michelle and I are sharing some Birthday cards with you using the new Big Wish set - a set of 14 stamps that will knock your socks off! Julee always amazes me with her knack of matching the perfect font with her sentiments and she definitely doesn't disappoint in this new set that includes 13 different birthday themed sentiments of varying sizes, each in a unique Verve-alicious font! Take a look at the cards Michelle and I created with this fun new set:

From Diva Michelle Woerner:


Hi everyone! First let me say, I LOVE THIS SET! I asked (ok, practically begged) Julee for a Birthday Sentiment stamp set awhile ago and am MORE than thrilled with this. I love how the sentiments are in different sizes and fonts to perfectly match any project you have. And the cake? Gorgeous! This will be my "go-to" set for birthday cards from now on!

My card uses the Mojo128 sketch with the gorgeous cake image. I colored the cake with copic markers and added stickles and glitter pen accents for some extra sparkle. I added 2 Zva Creative blossoms in the corner. The sentiment is one of 13 in the set!!"

From Diva Jen Tapler:
I was in need of a birthday card for a fun neighbor girl who is turning 8 yrs old this weekend and this stamp set arrived just in time!! The hardest part about making this card was deciding which sentiment to use!! For papers, I used some fun printed digi papers from the Cottontail kit by Libby Weifenbach (Sweet Shoppe Designs). I finally went with the "Enjoy your day" sentiment because of its offset-to-the-right alignment, which worked well with how I wanted to position the glittery chipboard number 8. I just love the variety of sentiments in this set, and although the majority of them are birthday themed, there are a few like this one that would work for other occasions as well!

Like what you’ve seen so far? Just leave a comment here on this post before 11:59 PM Mountain Time on Monday, March 8 and you’ll be put in a drawing to win this set! The lucky winner will be announced Tuesday evening, {March 10} on the Verve Blog.

Be sure to stop back by throughout the day as there are still a few more challenges and peeks left (with more chances to win some Verve goodness!!) before the Big Reveal. Join us in the Verve Forum on SCS @ 9:00 pm Eastern Time for a Spring Fling Chat as we countdown to the new release!

62 comments:

  1. OMGosh - Those fonts are amazin'! Julee knows how to pick 'em...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhhh a big verve birthday set!!! Those cards are gorgeous - man you worked that sketch Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these samples... great colors and gorgeous cards! This set looks like a 'must have' for me... my 'wishing you' is needin' a friend ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Birthday sentiments are always useful--I can't wait to see the set. I especially liked the bold colors of the second card in this post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's all so pretty! I don't have any Verve yet (I only recently found you), but I can see that's all fixing to change!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been wanting some new birthday sentiments. This may be just the set.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how sweet! These cards are gorgeous :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another fun looking set. Love the cake and the samples are amazing. Can't wait to see all the sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, this set is just what I have been looking for!!

    Debbie S

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh wow- a complete birthday set, this will be fun to see.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this birthday set so far. The cards are just fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH! These cards are fantastic!! I can't wait to see the rest of this set!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW - the sneek peeks for this birthday set are incredible! I love what I;ve seen so far - and I can always use another birthday set!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the pattern on the cake and need some new sentiments for birthdays.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow- those cards are gorgeous! I love the font used for the sentiment stamp on the "Enjoy your day" card, and I think that's the best cake stamp ever!

    ReplyDelete
  16. love love love the sentiments!!! The cards are again amazing!! I can't wait for tonight!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous - love the birthday cake!

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a fun way to showcase new stamps! make something, and show and tell. michelle, i like how you worked the mojo challange, and jen, that is a super fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Darn, I needed this set yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm so excited! More birthday sentiments - something we all make often! Your card is great! I love the colors, they just pop. Thanks for sharing. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest.......

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm always looking for a fun (yet useful) birthday set! Can't wait to see more of this one!

    ReplyDelete
  22. LOVE these new fonts and birthday images/sentiments is something I can use more of! Great samples!

    ReplyDelete
  23. OOOOHHH! A birthday set! YAY! Can't wait to see the whole thing! Gorgeous cards...xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  24. OH, these samples are divine!!! I can't wait until 6:00 PST!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Jen and Michelle, these are great! Wonderful colors, detailing, and designs! Cannot wait to see the whole set!

    ReplyDelete
  26. 2 great sneak peek samples can't wait to see the rest of the set

    ReplyDelete
  27. I need a new birthday set. Can't wait to see the whole set tonight! I love what I've seen so far!

    ReplyDelete
  28. looks like a very fun set to color and stamp

    ReplyDelete
  29. So pretty, Love it All, I so love your stamps, work so well and your DT does great inspiration. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  30. I LOVE the cake, and yes, those fonts are FABULOUS!!! What a fun set!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Woohoo! A birthday set is definitely the set that is missing from my Verve collection!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wonderful samples, ladies! Love the DP on your card Jen and a lovely touch of flowers on yours Michelle :D

    ReplyDelete
  33. Always unique sets! Great work Julee!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Great set! Can't wait to see more! Love Verve!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Your girls did a fab job on your samples!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wow--love the cake and the number 8--great sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  37. Woo hoo! I am so thrilled to see this set come down from you amazing gals! It's so fab!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Love the cake - and the samples are gorgeous! Bright bold and fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love the blue and green on your card Jen...it certainly looks like a great go-to set from the peeks so far. xL

    ReplyDelete
  40. These cards are amazing and think I'm gonna love this set !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Yay! A birthday set! I am still looking for the perfect Birthday set - hopefully this is it!

    ReplyDelete
  42. great job gals, both of these peeks are awesome!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  43. Love the sample cards!! The cake and sentiments are great!

    sueot33@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  44. What fabulous samples showcasing this new birthday set! I can't wait to see the rest of the set. I think this one is going to be a must have for me too!

    ReplyDelete
  45. I love these cards. They are so clean, simple and fun. Wow - great job.

    ReplyDelete
  46. You can never have too many awesome birthday sets. Great job, again !

    ReplyDelete
  47. I can never have enough sentiments! This looks like a good set with fun fonts!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Oh cute, cute, cute!! Love the cards, love the set!

    ReplyDelete
  49. These samples are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  50. I am loving these peaks at the new releases coming out tonight. Birthday sets are always great because we all have birthdays - right?! LOL Thanks for a chance to win this set.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Lovely cards! Love the fun colors you used in the second card!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Love the font in the sayings!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Darling cards - this looks like a must have set!

    ReplyDelete
  54. I am constantly looking for new birthday stamp sets! This one looks SO versatile! I would love to win it!

    ReplyDelete
  55. When can I NOT use another birthday card? This will be such a great set to have on file! LOVE the sneaks, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  56. MelodyGal (LorieM)March 7, 2010 at 5:27 PM

    I really like this set. You can never have enough birthday-themed sets. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  57. What a great set! Love the cake and all those sentiments. Thanks for the chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  58. I love this set! I have a lot of birthday sets but this one takes the cake! Get it? :) Seriously, this one set would replace a bunch I already have - so useful!!

    ReplyDelete
  59. Never can have too many birthday sentiments--this new set rocks! Great sample cards, too.

    ReplyDelete
  60. I can never have too many birthday sets. This is perfect timing because birthday season in my family is about to start.

    ReplyDelete