Friday, February 12, 2010

Tags, Tins & Treats ~ Day 15

Hi there! It's Jackie here with the next stop on the Tags, Tins & Treats Project Parade! Haven't the Diva's done a FABULOUS job so far? I'm in awe of all of their beautiful projects!! Now it's my turn so let's get started!

While walking to pick my girls up from school a few weeks ago, I passed a cute little kitchen store window that had these adorable packages filled with bubble gum. I knew in that moment that I had to buy a couple to use for this project parade! They had a tag and a prima wrapped around the top but I simply took them off so I could alter them!


And here's what I came up with! Aren't they cute? I simply wrapped them with a large circle of DP from Papertrey Ink called Simple Valentine. You can see I used a different pattern for each cone. I slipped the bubble gum inside the cone and wrapped the top of the bubble gum bag with some Pure Poppy Stitched Ribbon and finished it off with a bow. Then I went to work on the tag!


I used the new Verve set Heart's Desire for the tag. I stamped the round heart flourish in Pure Poppy on PTI White and cut it out with Classic Circle Nestabilities. It was layered on a Hibiscus Burst scallop circle and then adhered to the bottom portion of the tag with dimensionals. The sentiment tag was cut with the Modern Label punch. The heart is also from Heart's Desire and was layered over the sentiment with dimensionals and topped with a twine tied Pure Poppy button. The bottom portion of the tag was cut with Labels One Nestabilities. Finally, I attached the tag to the bubble gum cone with some twine. I just love the way they turned out!


Now for the important part: We want you to play along with us! Are you ready to show your Tags, Tins & Treats projects? I hope so! Verve stamps are not required, but if you've got 'em why not show 'em some love?

As with all of our Project Parades, we've got prizes! There are two ways to win:
1. Link up your new creation (posted January 25th or later) to the Mr. Linky widget on the Day 1 post before Midnight on Monday February 15th. One lucky stamper will win a $25.00 gift certificate to the Verve Store.
2. Be sure to leave the Diva's a little shout out in the comments as we parade our creations inspired by this month's theme. One lucky commenter during the course of the parade (Jan 25 - Feb 15) will win his/her choice of any Verve stamp set!

41 comments:

  1. I think this is so cute and what a great idea. Upon seeing just the first picture I thought wow, looks like something for an Easter basket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a simple - yet beautiful idea... I will go in the supermarket to search for something alike - great idea, thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aaahh Jackie, so clever...these are adorable.....I would luv to get one for Valentine's Day.....great job!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. these cones are so very cute--what a great idea!! These would be so cute at Christmas time as place setting...you could put the names on the tag!! Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww Jackie, how cute! A great Valentine's gift for "little" people! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea Jackie! My kids would LOVE all that bubblegum, too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great idea!! They turned out adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute idea! I love the wonderful packaging.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now that is something I can do.... I have clear cone bags and candy and I might be able to make something up...thanks you for this idea.....you are so inspiration....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are adorable....I just love altering every day packages to make them super special!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute project - I love the sweet color pink too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jackie this is such a fun and clever little gift. Love how they turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really cute and relatively simple packaging, I like that. Your tag is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are very cute! I like how you added layers to the tag for dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How cute! I have seen these before, but would never have thought of this. Oh how I wish I could see things and come up with these beautiful ideas like you ladies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are too cute :D My kids would love getting one for Valentine's. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great idea!!
    It looks so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. So cute! I love the cone bags for treats!! The paper and embellishments look great! Thanks for the inspiration!

    sueot33@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooo this is easy!!
    Simple and fun!
    love it

    ReplyDelete
  20. What kid wouldn't love all that gum! Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sweet idea and what a sweet treat!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gee, what a great idea! I would have never thought to cover those cone packages with paper. So cute! Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a great idea; just a beautiful, simple way to present a little something to one's valentine. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a fabulous Valentine treat! I love the papers and the tag is awesome! Beautiful. Thanks for such a fab idea!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is so nice! Great layering on the tag!! Such a quick way to dress up the candy and I like the first commenter's idea to incorporate this for Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  26. love the heart, button, twine embellishment...these are so adorable...perfect way to use the beautiful dp

    ReplyDelete
  27. Adorable and perfect for Valentine's treats!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Genius! These are so adorable and the tags top them perfectly. Love it...!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the cones! Looks like it's easy to make which we all like! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. OMG girl what a CUTE idea!!! Wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. i have enjoyed the ride. it is too bad that it has come to an end. wonderful projects and encouragement! there is always next time! thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh I love this! I have a million piping bags, what a great way to use them!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Absolutely love these! I've seen those cone wrappers done with hot chocolate and marshmallows for winter wishes. I love how you decided to decorate them for valentines day! Great stamping and love the label 1 nestie you used.

    Happy Valentines Day Jackie! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh I love these cones! They are so cute and look fairly simple to make. :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. How cute and sounds so simple too! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Jackie- this is a great idea. I have those little plastic cones that I could do this with. I love them. Grea tidea!

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete