Friday, November 13, 2009

Home for the Holidays ~ Day 3

Hi everyone! It's Jackie here and today is my turn on the project parade! When Jen told us this month's theme, I knew exactly what I was going to make! I have seen a few Christmas banners around blog land and I have been dying to try one! I am a big chicken when it comes to making anything but a card, but that's what I love about the project parades....they MAKE ME stretch my creativity! LOL!

Oh, and I have to apologize for the pictures....I had an extremely hard time trying to get a decent photo!


I used chipboard (SU!) for the word "Joy". I painted it first with green acrylic paint and then added some green glitter (SU!) with mono multi glue. The DP is Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses was cut with Labels Eight Nestabilities. I used my new fave Christmas set from Verve, Christmas in the Air. I stamped three of the snowflakes with Memento Tuxedo Black, colored them in with Copics and cut them out with paper snips. I adhered each snowflake with a button tied with twine and then adhered one to each letter. The trees were paper pieced with some more Eskimo Kisses dp. Oh, and the green scallop borders were done with an Eyelet Edge Punch (SU!) The color combo is Scarlet Jewel (PTI), New Leaf (PTI) and Pretty In Pink (SU!)


This is a close up of the letter "J". So sparkly!!


Here is a close up of the "O"....again so sparkly it makes me happy!



And last but not least.....the 'Y"!

I hope you enjoyed my interpretation of Home for the Holidays! It was such a fun project and was so inexpensive to make, just under $10.00! That leaves me more money for Christmas and that makes for a happy Husband! LOL!

So now it's your turn! We'd love for you to play along with us and show us your homemade goodies for the upcoming holiday season! Verve stamps are not required, but if you've got 'em, why not show 'em a little love?

And, as with all of our project parades, we've got prizes!
To enter, just link up your Home for the Holidays creation to the Mr. Linky widget in this post before Midnight MST on Thursday, November 26th. One lucky stamper will win a $30.00 gift certificate to the Verve Store! And for another chance to win, be sure to give the Divas a little shout out in the comments section as they parade their fabulous creations inspired by this month's theme. One lucky commenter during the course of the parade (Nov. 11 ~ Nov. 25) will win their choice of any Verve set!





46 comments:

  1. oh my goodness is this ever darling...I adore all the sparkle and the little trees are my favorite....awesome project!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable and what a wonderful idea to help decorate the home for the holidays. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen del Muro (iheart2stamp.com)November 13, 2009 at 6:28 AM

    super cute, jackie!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great project!! Love the sparkle!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hehe so cute! :D thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! Eskimo Kisses is my favorite Christmas paper this year! Beautiful project!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute. I love it all, from the uber glittery letters to the cute button snowflakes. Fabulous job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE it, LOVE it & Love it! The sparkle is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jackie, what a fabulous banner idea!! I, too, love the little tree in that set and the sparkly chipboard letters are so stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. so fun!! I love the BasicGrey paper you used...I just got it and love it with Verve stamps. I too tried something other than a card this time...so I know how you feel....it turned out fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful project...I hear ya on making something other than a card. I have a few projects (wood type) that I have all the materials to do but since I've never worked with it I feel intimidated by starting them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Darling banner :D Love the sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty!! Great project! Thanks for the inspiration!

    sueot33@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, I absolutely LOVE the sparkle on this project! Just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a pretty banner! Those trees are perfect with the DP, and I love how the letters sparkle. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is darling! Great project idea for decorating or gift giving!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this, Jackie! So pretty and sparkly!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute, cute, cute, Jackie! That would be sool cool for a mantle...makes me wish I had a fireplace just to hang a banner from!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the colors and sparkles on this banner! Very cheerful and fun. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So cute! What a fabulous way to help decorate! Nice job :o)

    ReplyDelete
  21. How beautiful! I love the holiday decor idea - it makes a home so much more inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is beautiful Jackie! I love the sparkle and the papers are so cute! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What fun colors and holiday bling!

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  24. It is almost time to start decorating for the Holidays. I will have to make a new one of these this year.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very cute! Love your choice of colours! The trees look great paper-pieced!

    Melisa Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love that sparkle! I will have to do something like that and get my kids involved.

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is so cleaver and cute! I really like all the glitter! This would look perfect in my bay window ;)

    ReplyDelete
  28. OMG is that BLING or what- I love the letters they are fabulous. What another beautiful home decoration.

    ReplyDelete
  29. So sweet, I love all the sparkle :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. OMgoodness what an adorable banner!!! Great idea and I love all the glitter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Very cute, love the glitter on the letters!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Sweet!! those sparkly letters are really awesome--great details!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I have been "oogling" these banners myself and thinking that I did not have that pennant die from SU... you showed me I needed to "get out of the box"!!! Wonderful project!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love this! I've never made a banner but I may have to now {smiling}. This is beautifully done, Jackie... great colors and embellies.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Too cute Jackie - love the glittery letters!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love your interpretation for this Holiday project. Great job

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is so cute - love the sparkles!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. So many great details! The paper is fabulous and glitter is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love the banner. It reminds me of when my grandmother used to string the christmas cards she received across her parlour.

    ReplyDelete