Friday, November 27, 2009

Blog PaRtY: Celebration of Thanks Reveal

It's time for the next set reveal! If you've placed an order during one of our release weekends this past year, you might have found one of these stamps tucked in with your order. Late last year I started squeezing a little design into production setups whenever I had some extra space in the margins. Those little designs became our customer appreciation stamps, which we tuck into orders starting on release night until we run out, then start with a new design the next release. After many requests about purchasing these stamps individually, I decided to compile all of this year's stamps into one collection... a Celebration of Thanks.

{Note: You can give the image above a little clicksy to embiggen it and preview the whole set in all its glory.}



For my sample card, I pulled out two of my favorite stamps in this set - the Simply the best sentiment and the small flourish. I love the way the flourishes can add a touch of interest to a plain old circle just by stamping off the edges a bit. My inspiration for this card was this beautiful paper from the Sweet as Cherry Pie collection by Webster's Pages. I added some fun trim and distressed edges, to complete what I'd call the shabby picnic look! LOL




My second sample card took its inspiration from Lynda and Michelle's challenge to embellish with VERVE. For my letters I used E - Eyelets, R - Ribbon, V - Vintage Findings Slice Cartridge, E - Embossing border. The papers are from the Bella Bella line by My Mind's Eye and I embossed the organic flourishes Cuttlebug border on the cocoa strip, then sanded it down to set it off. The sentiment is from Celebration of Thanks and is framed with the oval frame from the Kindred Spirits set. I cut the leaf out with my Slice, then sponged the edges with Vintage Photo ink. A couple eyelets and a bow, and the card was finished.



Okay, are you ready for another giveaway? Just leave a comment on this post to be entered in a random drawing for a Celebration Prize Pack! The pack will include the Celebration of Thanks set, {which we've revealed in this post}, as well as some luscious ribbons, papers and embellishments! Deadline to enter is Monday, 11/30 at midnight Mountain time.