Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Sneak Preview - Blessed Christmas & Star of Wonder

It's Day Two of the October Sneak Peeks, and we are only just beginning! This week is going to be filled with the reveal of even more gorgeous stamps sets and breathtaking samples, so be sure to check back every day! Today we are featuring cards made with the two new sets Blessed Christmas and Star of Wonder. These versatile and classy Christmas holiday sets include several images and sentiments in the classic style that can only be achieved by the-one-and-only, Julee Tilman...so you can rest assured that the images are exquisite, and the sentiment fonts are beautiful and elegant. These sets (along with five others) will be available after our Release Party this Friday Night, October 23rd. You will have a chance to win some of these sets during the week, so be sure to read all the way to the end of the post to see what you need to do.
_________________________________________________________________

Designed By Susan Liles
Hi there, Susan here, and I’m excited to share a card I made with the new set, Blessed Christmas. It’s a very traditional set that faithfully celebrates the true meaning of Christmas. I wanted an “old world, vintage” feel to my card, so I started with some Cosmo Cricket paper from the new “Oh Joy” collection that I LOVE and found one of the new release sketches (OCT09E) to be a perfect fit for this card. After I did a little inking around the edges, added some distressing and some stitching, all that was left to do was make the main panel. I stamped the cross in Close to Cocoa to go “behind” the sentiment. I stamped the sentiment in black and then clear embossed over it for the finishing touch, making it really stand out. It really didn’t take that long to complete. This set makes it so easy to create something so beautiful (but don’t all Verve stamps do that? LOL!)!___________________________________________________________________

Designed By Tosha Leyendekker

I love making Christmas cards! And I love making Christmas cards even more with Julee's images!! Each and every set this month is fabulous, and I had a hard time picking which set I wanted to use for the release. After much deliberation, I finally decided I wanted to feature the beautiful cross from the Blessed Christmas set. The Cross and sentiment are embossed with gold dp, and I colored the cross with Tombows. The Labels 4 frame was embossed with with a Sizzix folder while still in the die, so I could get the clean framed edges. The sentiment was stamped onto Neenah Natural White that I diecut with one of the Fancy Tags by Spellbinders, and the frame behind the Labels 4 was made with Labels 8 (Spellbinders). Finally, I added a bit of embellishing with some flowers and pearls.
___________________________________________________________________

Designed By Laurie Schmidlin

I instantly fell in love with the Star of Wonder set! With it, you can create simple and elegant cards that celebrate the true meaning of Christmas...in record time! These images and beautifully scripted sentiments can stand alone and still make a huge impact!
For my card, I embossed one of the stars using Copper e.p. directly onto some patterned paper and then placed a matching rhinestone directly in the center. I then added a tag embossed with the "peace on earth" sentiment, some ribbon, a charm, and a punched border!
___________________________________________________________________

Designed By Mercy Kerin

What else can you say about Verve stamps and their designer, Julee Tilman, except perfection?! I love Christmas, so I was beside myself when I saw the new releases for this month. My attention immediately turned to Star of Wonder set. As with all of Verve's sets, I am drawn to the gorgeous and elegant font that all of the sentiments showcase...so this one is no different! I embossed the sentiment on the focal panel with Black Embossing Powder, then sponged around it to create a twilight landscape. I stamped the stars on the Old Olive panel to create my very own coordinating patterned paper. I wanted to keep my card pretty simple, so I added minimal embellishments: Silver Brads, Olive Ribbon, and an Olive Button tied with Linen Thread. After all, the distinguished beauty of Verve Stamps always shines through!
___________________________________________________________________

Like what you’ve seen so far? Just leave a comment here on this post before 6 PM Eastern on Friday, October 23 and you’ll be put in a drawing to win this set! Winners will be announced at our release party that night. And for even more chances to win, be sure to check out the Release Week challenges going on in the Verve Forum for your chance to win our entire release! Okay, that’s it for today, we’ll see you back here tomorrow for another peek at some more new sets!

103 comments:

  1. Wow! These stamps (and these samples) are absolutely breathtaking!! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards and beautiful stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great projects! Thanks so much for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards and stamp sets. I enjoy seeing all the cards on this blog. thanks for the chance to win a set. Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. These samples are just fabulous! Thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!! These are beautiful cards!! Love the Cross!! Can't wait to see both of these sets.. in PERSON :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy Cow!! Just when I think the Verve stamp sets can't get any better . . . Julee and the Divas knock my socks off!! I had been agonizing about my Christmas cards, but I now know what stamp sets I'm buying -- these two! Thanks for the generous opportunity to win them!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so amazingly talented. Every card was unbelievably stunning. These sets are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What lovely, inspirational projects these are. This is sure to be another wonderful set!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOWSA... these look really versatile, great samples THANKS!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These stamps are just gorgeous! Love all of these cards :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW, you gals are amazing...gorgeous creations!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  13. What great stamps! Lovely work everyone...I'm super impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  14. All of these blessed sentiments make me start singing with praise.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the stamps. Cna't wait til Friday night.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Holy Wow! I love these sentiments and that star is fabulous! I love ALL the examples, especially the very first one with it's "old" feel to it! Beautiful work ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh MY Goodness. Just amazing!!!!! I can not wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my.... I very slowly read each post and slowly bring the page down b/c I truly only want to see one card at a time. I am amazed and so excited!
    Susan- this vintage old world card is fabulous and would be a great make it over and over card! Love it!
    Tosha- WOW, I am in awe at your card, just beatiful and elegant.
    Laurie- I love the colors, the feeling, everyting- this is going to be a set I love I just know it.
    Mercy- well you have done it again, bright and clean and doable!
    Is it Thursday yet? Now I know what people mean when they say they can't wait till the release party!

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow, absolutely gorgeous samples!! I love what I am seeing of the new sets so far. Thanks for the chance to win them.

    ReplyDelete
  20. these stamps are amazing!!! and what beautiful cards too :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my goodness, these samples are fabulous. I can't wait to see the entire sets on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  22. How pretty! You girls made some stunning creations to preview these sets, loving these!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love holiday cards that actually express the true meaning of the holiday, and these are some fabulous examples. Each and every one of them is so very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh, wow! What fabulous cards! LOVING the font combos!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my word! All of these samples are AMAZING in every possible way! Can't WAIT to see the new release!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Looks like another pair of beautiful stamp sets. Gorgeous cards ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  27. These cards are gorgeous...just what I would want to receive at Christmas time

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow, Julee....these stamps are fantastic (as usual)!!!
    I can't wait for the party Friday night....I had to miss last month's. I'm SO excited! wooHOOO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful cards! I am a big fan of sentiments that reflect the true meaning of Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful cards! These stamps are gorgeous. I can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  31. What beautiful sets! These will make fabulous xmas cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Excuse me while I try and scrape my gaping jaw off the ground....oh my, what incredibly stunning cards! It just doesn't get any better than having this kind of elegance for the holidays; can't wait to see the full sets. Congrats to the designers for these outstanding samples.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Ohhhhhhhhhh I love Christmas stamps, and these are gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see the sets in their entirety!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I am so excited about this release as it looks like there will be some beautiful Christmas sentiments. I alwasy like to have some reference to the Baby Jesus on my cards...thanks Divas and Julee!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Fabulous samples, Divas :D Love Christmas sets that give tribute to the birth of Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  36. These cards are so beautiful..what
    a great set of stamps. I'm so lovin' that cross. It's perfect for Christmas, Easter and Religious cards....I can't wait until Friday gets hers.

    ReplyDelete
  37. OMGosh! These are beyond amazing! Can't wait to see all the new sets!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Looks fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Wow, what beautiful stamp sets. How I would love to win this. Thanks for giving me a chanch. Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  40. Great cards made with great stamps. I love Verve Stamps so thanks for giving us the chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Oh wowee! Great cards and beautiful stamps. I'm so in the mood for christmas now.

    ReplyDelete
  42. I definitely like what I see so far! All the cards in today's peek are gorgeous. Thanks so much for the chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  43. I am intentionally holding off of any more stamp purchases until after Friday night because I think I'm going to spend my $ at Verve this month! These are such gorgeous sets and convey the real reason for the season! Thank you for being such an inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  44. beautiful sets...snd examples...can't wait to see them all. thanks for a chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  45. These cards are all gorgeous! I can't wait to see the entire sets -I think I better get my credit card out!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Beautiful cards! Thanks for the digi freebie! Love that these sets are all about the true meaning of Christmas!
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  47. very nice cards, thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Fabulous stamp set & I love all the cards!! I would love to own this set thanks for the chance to win it
    Lana Edwards

    ReplyDelete
  49. These cards are gorgeous!!! You really showcased the stamp images and verses beautifully! Thanks for the opportunity to win!

    sueot33@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  50. Love the new sets, so far. Can't wait to see them all.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Lovely work by the DT! I love seeing all the different projects with the new release stamps!

    Thanks so much for the opportunity to win a set...would love the chance to create with them, too!

    ReplyDelete
  52. The Dt cards are gorgeous and these sets are so beautiful!
    Hugs Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  53. Gorgeous! I'm loving the Star of Wonder set sneak peaks... My Christmas cards are beginning to form in my head!!!

    ReplyDelete
  54. AWESOME!!! Waiting patiently for the release party.

    Thanks.

    Shelly :)
    Manitoba, Canada

    ReplyDelete
  55. Gorgeous cards! I love the tip about leaving the frame in the die while embossing - it really makes the card so much more elegant! I can't wait to see more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  56. Oh yes I love what I've seen so far and I can't wait to see the rest.
    Thanks for the chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  57. Absolutely stunning stamp sets and I loved the Diva's creations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  58. Thanks for the chance to win! I love that cross!

    Cheers,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  59. WOW what a great birthday present this would make for me on Friday. After all I know you want to help me celebrate my big 60 birthday and no better way then with a Verve set of stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  60. Thank you for creating religious Christmas sets!! I'll be adding these to my cart as soon as they are available!!! The samples are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  61. I can't wait to see these whole sets. I am blown away by the cards!

    ReplyDelete
  62. Since I found SCS, I have been in love with Verve stamps! I am sincerely touched by the Christmas previews as well as the breast cancer stamps as I lost my mother to breast cancer this past February.

    ReplyDelete
  63. My oh my,what a gorgeous set. So simple yet so elegant. And the designers did such a wonderful job with the stamps. So hard to pick a favorite. Thank you for the chance to win the set, I hope I do!

    ReplyDelete
  64. My brain is whirling with ideas for these new images!! Can't wait to ink them up! The DT's sneak peak cards are amazing and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  65. My oh my,what a gorgeous set. So simple yet so elegant. And the designers did such a wonderful job with the stamps. So hard to pick a favorite. Thank you for the chance to win the set, I hope I do!

    ReplyDelete
  66. What incredible cards! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  67. Absolutely wonderful...thank you so much for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  68. What a lovely stamp set for the holidays! The cards you've shown are absolutely beautiful - thanks for the great inspiration and the chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  69. LOVE the new stamps! So many great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  70. Wow, wow, wow! So beautiful and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  71. So beautiful. I love the fonts that you used on this set!

    ReplyDelete
  72. I love the font on these stamps, so elegant! Fabulous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  73. Love the stamps! Curiosity makes me ask, is the tree on Lauries Card also a stamp? Very gorgeous examples.

    ReplyDelete
  74. Beautiful! I love that star! How very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  75. Wonderful samples today - I can not wait to see the full sets! Thank you for the chance to win too!!

    ReplyDelete
  76. All I can say is...WOW! Great cards. I love this stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  77. These cards are so beautiful... so delicate looking. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  78. I never seem to have enough Christmas sentiment stamps. These are just gorgeous. Lovely work ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  79. Ooooooo, I love Star of Wonder! Elegant samples, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  80. How beautiful and elegant these cards are!

    ReplyDelete
  81. All I can say is WOW! You ladies just astound me all the time with your beautiful cards! And Julee, what gorgeous sets you give them to work with! :)

    ReplyDelete
  82. Beautiful images; fabulous fonts!

    ReplyDelete
  83. Gorgeous samples! I can't wait to see the rest!!

    ReplyDelete
  84. I love the classy look of these sets!

    ReplyDelete
  85. Amazing. Breathtaking. Beautiful. Not enough words to describe just how lovely these sneak peaks are. Most of us love Christmas creating but Christmas creating with new release stamps - PRICELESS! Thanks for sharing - can't wait until Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  86. Love these very elegant cards!! Can't wait for the release!!

    ReplyDelete
  87. These cards and these stamps took my breath away. I make cards for my church so I own many cross stamps - in many ways my stamps and my cards start looking alike. But your new set has inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  88. The cards are so elegant. What a great stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  89. Wow stunning cards and love these sets so far. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  90. Wow! Amazing samples, gorgeous stamps.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  91. great job ladies. These are beautiful cards as usual

    ReplyDelete
  92. Gorgeous, gorgeous samples from your ever-amazing dt! I just love that beautiful cross!

    ReplyDelete
  93. Great job to all! Beautiful stamps and beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  94. WOW! These stamps and the cards are simply AMMMAAAZZZZIIINNNGGG!!!!!!!!
    Hope
    shaws@cmsinter.net

    ReplyDelete
  95. Your sentiment stamps have a beautiful combination of fonts! I have to get some! :)

    ReplyDelete
  96. Stunning! A perfect addition to my Christmas stamp collection indeed!

    ReplyDelete