Thursday, October 22, 2009

Christmas in the Air & Holly Jolly Christmas Sneak Preview

Hi everyone! It's Jackie here to get you revved up for day three of sneak previews!! Today we are previewing two whimsical and completely fun sets, Christmas in the Air and Holly Jolly Christmas. I literally squealed when I saw these sets (well, I can't lie....I squealed at all the sets!) because I am a lover whimsical sets! However, don't be fooled, because these aren't your average cutesy sets, they are whimsey with a touch of elegance, like only Julee can do!! These sets will be available after the Release Party on Friday night, October 23rd. For a chance to win these sets make sure you read all the way to the end of this post!




From the desk of Guest Jessie Rone


First of all, WOW, somebody pinch me!! I can't believe I am posting as a Verve Guest Diva!! Yayy me!! When Julee asked me if I would be willing to be a diva, I jumped at the chance...when I saw this month's release I was drooling!! All the stamps are GORGEOUS this month(they are every month though), and Holly Jolly happens to be my absolute favorite!! I love all the different ornaments you can use and how easy they are to mix and match. You can go cute or elegant with this set, which I LOVE. For my card, I went all SU, but it is all retired(except the Old Olive). The main image was stamped on an MFT Perfect Panel and colored with Copics though. I used this months release party sketch C(VSOCT09C) for my card as well.




From the desk of Sankari Wegman



Hi Everyone, Sankari here :) Haven't the sneak peeks been so awesome! I can't wait to see more and I am so excited about this release - seriously - Julee has just about made it amazingly easy to create every single card you can imagine for the holidays and beyond with these awesome sets that will be released on Friday! I made a card using the Christmas in the Air stamp set - I love every single sentiment in this set - but I think this is my most favorite one: Snowflakes are Winter's Butterflies - I love the font in this set and the snowflakes are divine. I stamped the four snowflakes and then colored them with copics and then glittered them and cut them out, adding dimensionals when layering them. I kept the colors monochromatic and simple so that the focus would be on the center of winter's snowflake flower :). I absolutely LOVE each and every single image in this set! I am so not a winter girl (can't handle the cold) but I can't wait for some winter wonderland after using this stamp set!!! Hot cocoa anyone?? :) LOL! See you at the release party!! Hugs!




From the desk of Jen Tapler



I always love ALL of the new sets Julee creates, but these two Holiday sets are just so much fun! I adore the whimsical images and the new fonts are just fabulous!! One of my favorite things about Verve stamps is the endless mix and match possibilities and Julee's created another awesome set with tons of interchangeable images in the Holly Jolly Christmas set. I chose to create a tall card using just 3 of the SIX ornament images included in the set as well as one of the fun new sentiments. I used the colors in the American Crafts DP to pick the ink colors for my ornaments and tied the whole thing together with some silver embossing powder on both the sentiment and the ornament hanger thingies as well as some silver cording tied around the top. I could create a whole series of unique cards using this same layout and just changing out the ornament images and colors used - I love that!!




From the Desk of Jen del Muro


Has anyone else been overwhelmed with Christmas stuff since July 5th? I can't believe how the craft and hobby stores spend almost a half a year on one holiday! Of course, it's all the red and green and sparkly that everyone has grown to love, including myself. However, for this project I wanted to do something a little different, so I chose a very neutral palette of kraft, black and white and then added a hint of color with some green. The snowflake was cut from a Cricut on thin chipboard, painted and embellished with Diamond Dust glass flakes and then topped off with a ribbon and button. I paper pieced the tree with paper from My Little Shoebox. Although this card may look somewhat time consuming because of the little details, it really would be easy enough to mass produce...which is not something I like doing, but it's good to have the option when you have 50+ cards to send out!




From the desk of Jackie Pedro


Oh my goodness.....I have to say that this release is one of my favorites EVER from Verve! The variety of Christmas stamps from Spiritual to Whimsey (Verve Style, of course) to the Breast Cancer Awareness set, Believe, is AMAZING! When I saw Christmas in the Air, I saw versatility! I love the whimsiness (is that a word?) of this set and couldn't wait to get it inky! I used my MUCH LOVED designer paper, Eskimo Kisses by Basic Grey. The trees were pieced with three different patterns as were the rolling hills. I sponged some Antique Linen Distress Ink on the edges of each hill and adhered them to a piece of Scarlet Jewel cardstock(PTI). I then stitched along the edges of the hills and then around the top of the card. The sentiment was cut out with a Ribbon Tag Die from Spellbinders and was tied to the card with some Scarlett Jewel Twill Ribbon (PTI). A few Papertrey buttons and the card was complete!!




Like what you’ve seen so far? Just leave a comment here on this post before 6 PM Eastern on Friday, October 23 and you’ll be put in a drawing to win this set! Winners will be announced at our release party that night.
And for even more chances to win, be sure to check out the Release Week challenges going on in the Verve Forum for your chance to win our entire release! Okay, that’s it for today, we’ll see you back here tomorrow for another peek at some more new sets!

112 comments:

  1. Oh my word! I love these cards. Thank you Diva's for the beautiful examples of the awesome new Verve sets. I cannot wait to see them for real!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness, these are adorable gals....you have really brought some fabulous samples.....WOW!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful cards! I thought I had all I needed for Christmas nut I might have to buy some of these stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great day for previews!!! Can't wait until the big reveal tomorrow night!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these wonderful cards and images!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome peeks, ladies...great diversity!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome peeks, ladies...great diversity!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to see the stamps!

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  9. What I love BEST about these sets is that they are so VERVE-Y. They are amazing and beautiful and I can't wait to see the full reveals!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are faublous Christmas images.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful cards! Love the set. Thanks for the chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh!!!!!!!!!!! Is it Friday yet??? I want these sets in my hot little hands NOW!!!! That tree is adorable, and I love love love the Christmas ornaments! Jackie's card with the dp snow and the dp trees is awesome - can't wait to get this set and case that card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow--these are gorgeous. I really love the images and your work is terrific as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really love this! I love what everyone did with their cards. You all offer great inspiration. I really need some Christmas stamps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Count me in, how fantastic is this set! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! What an amazing array of gorgeous cards! Looks like a couple of fun sets...crossing my fingers! Thanks for the chance!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous fun cards! I can't wait to see the stamp sets!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am so in the mood to start Christmas stuffs! Thanks for the great look and a chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! I have always loved Verve and this time I actually get to follow the release sneak peeks!! I love what I'm seeing so far!

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW, these sets are awesome and I can't wait for the release! Love all the cards - outstanding job ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Can you say cute?!!! These are fantastic. I love the snowflakes, and that tree. Great job divas.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love these cards...all so pretty and they look like fabulous new Christmas stamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is the most awesome-ist! sneak peek so far! I love the potential this set has with the ornaments, the sentiments, tree, and snowflakes. Looks like so much fun! And the sample creations are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  24. These are beautiful cards - there is a lot of talent there! Can't wait to see the rest of the stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my....... you have all done a fabulous job with these cards, from elegant to fun and whimsical. You make it fun waiting......

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such simple elegance. Love what I'm seeing and the team's talent!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such beautiful cards! Love the look of the new sets.

    ReplyDelete
  28. OMGoodness! These are fabulous! I am anxiously awaiting. Looks like true Vervalicious style.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love the ornament set! Such great samples! Can't wait to see more!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Pure and utter GORGEOUSNESS! LOVE these peeks and every card is AMAZING!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. WOW! These samples are all so fabulous! Can't wait to see all the sets in their entirety!

    ReplyDelete
  32. These two Christmas sets look fantastic. I am getting so excited to see the whole sets on Friday night. Love the samples!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love the "Winter's butterfly" and can't wait to see all of the sets! Beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  34. SO beautiful!! I love the new fonts!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I am loving all these gorgeous samples and can't wait to ink up some of these Christmas images!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I'm loving these sets! Great peeks!

    ReplyDelete
  37. WOW! These sets are looking more and more wonderful, and the Divas are really rocking this release! I can not wait until the party on Friday night, I know it will be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  38. These are all wonderful. And I absolutely LOVE the sentiments that are with them!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Wow! I love the ornaments! Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Oh WOW! The cards are beautiful, and the stamps a must-have! Thank you for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  41. These cards are great! Thanks to the divas for inspiration and to Julee for creating the stamps that bring that inspiration to life! Can't wait to see the entire release!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Oh my gosh, what *fabulous* cards! They're all sooo beautiful and christmas-y. I cannot wait to see the set.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Oh my, these are such gorgeous stamps. And the cards!!! Beautiful! I am loving these sets.

    ReplyDelete
  44. I always love seeing what you Divas come up with to showcase Julee's new stamps. Lovely showcase of goodies :D

    ReplyDelete
  45. EEEEEKKKKKKK!!! I LOVE all the paper pieced trees :)

    ReplyDelete
  46. "Snowflakes are winter's butterflies" - what a great sentiment! You guys have done a great job - thanks!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  47. love everything! This new font is making me scream!! I love it!! Jackie's card with the paper pieced hills is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Love the sneak peeks of the new sets. All of your cards are beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  49. All of these cards are so beautiful! I would LOVE to get any of these in my mailbox come Christmas time!! ;) I'm looking forward to seeing the new releases.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Love these new sets! I ALWAYS love all the samples created by these very talented ladies. Thanks so much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Beautiful cards, ladies! Just when I thought that I had every possible Christmas image, these sets come out and are on my "must have" list. I especially like what I see from the Christmas in the Air set. Thanks for sharing; can't wait until the release.

    ReplyDelete
  52. what a delightful collection love the cards.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Such creative artwork ladies! All are so unique & so festive! Wonderful looking new sets!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Oh my, these cards are just gorgeous and inspiring!

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  55. I am so happy to see Jessie as a guest designer this month. I am hoping to enter some of your challenges on SCS and will be sure to use a spiral clip or 2!
    Great cards from everyone today - really like the idea of using something other than green for the rolling hills, I will have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Wonderful cards!
    This is the set I was looking forward to seeing. The snowflakes are marvy. Hope I win.

    ReplyDelete
  57. This set looks terrific. I especially like the sentiments! Welldone!

    ReplyDelete
  58. Wonderful cards - can't wait to see the whole set!
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  59. Beautiful, beautiful!! I can't wait for tomorrow!! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  60. Oh goodness... These two new sets look AMAZING! Every single card today was absolutely stunning! Thanks for the lovely sneak peaks!

    ReplyDelete
  61. ...gasp!... these cards are fabulous! I know I'm going to love these sets... just the right amount of whimsey with style! Love 'em. See you Friday night!

    ReplyDelete
  62. I'm totally LOVING these stamps!!! I love Christmas stamps (I've been working on Christmas cards for 2 months now... and I still want more Christmas stamps!) The cards are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  63. I love these sets and can't wait for the full reveal Friday night!! Thanks for the chance to win such great products and see you a the party!!

    ReplyDelete
  64. Wow! These cards are fabulous. I have to say that I am completely in love with Jen's color palette and that diamond dust detail. However, I just love the versatility that the divas have shown

    ReplyDelete
  65. Beautiful cards! Great way to show off the stamps!

    sueot33@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  66. So Beautiful! How do you do it??? They just keep getting better and better with every release!

    ReplyDelete
  67. What beautiful cards made with these stamps. I can't wait to see the full sets. Thanks for the chance to win.

    Melisa Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  68. These cards are absolutely fabulous and those stamp sets are divine. I can hardly contain myself until Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  69. Holiday sets are my favorites! I like the saying that snowflakes are winter's butterflies - very poetic! Thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  70. WOW, WOW, WOW!!!! These stamps are awesome and the samples are just outstanding...TFS!!

    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  71. I really like the trees and layout and the snowflake card too! Thanks for the chance go win this set. Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  72. What fun - love the whimsy side as well as the elegant card with the simple star. Love all the examples. Each have their own personality! CAn't wait to see more.

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
  73. Looks like a fantastic set! Gorgeous cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  74. Beautiful cards! Wouldn't it be wonderful to win these stamps. TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  75. These new sets are super cute! I love the font used in the sentiments - so classy. I despair of ever rising to Diva level, but that won't stop me from trying. :D All the samples are terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  76. Love the set and the new samples. Guess I'd better learn how to do some paper piecing.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  77. beautiful cards! so loving these peeks :D

    ReplyDelete
  78. Ladies, I must say: I am loving these 2 sets!!! They are so cute - good job Julee!
    Thanks for the chance to win!

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  79. Some more great cards - the paper pieced trees are fun!

    ReplyDelete
  80. Love those Christmas trees! And, Holy Smokes, you ladies outdid yourselves with your peeks! Gorgeous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  81. wow, lovin' these sneaks!!! can't wait to see everything!

    ReplyDelete
  82. I love seeing all the sneak peeks, and the different ideas for each set. Looking forward to the actual release, and thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  83. Oh, I love, love, love the sentiments and the fonts!

    ReplyDelete
  84. Love the cards, the stamps all of it. Beautiful and so well thought out on design. Thanks for sharing wonderful so inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  85. Oh these samples are so fun! I bet the whole sets are amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  86. Such fabulous cards! I love seeing what everyone dreams up--all different, but all so impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  87. Such fabulous work by the wonderful Verve Diva's. Their peaks always get me in the mood for the release party. SO much anticipation!

    ReplyDelete
  88. I'm always amazed by the gorgeous cards I see from the DT. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  89. Love the trees. What fabulous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  90. These samples are just amazing! I have just discovered Verve, and have to say, I am in love with so many of your designs! I cant wait until the release party when I can add another set (or two) to my ever growing list!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  91. I haven't tried Verve stamps yet but after seeing this release I will definately be buying some. I love the ornament stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  92. Okay, I'm seriously in love with these images and sentiments. All the cards shown were such great inspiration - I can't wait for Christmas! Thanks so much for the chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  93. Gorgeous cards!! Can't wait to see the whole set!!

    ReplyDelete
  94. I love all the stamps but the striped ornament will be so much fun. (I would LOVE to win it - but will definitely own it somehow!)

    ReplyDelete
  95. The cards are wonderful. Can't wait to get the new stamp sets.

    ReplyDelete
  96. All the cards are just stunning and so inspiring. Love the sneak peeks. Thanks for a chance at this sweet giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  97. Fantastic samples. Your design team rocks!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  98. Wow it is impossible to pick a favorite set. You gals do amazing cards.

    ReplyDelete
  99. Those trees and ornaments are simply gorgeous! The Verve dt never fails to impress!

    ReplyDelete
  100. Julee, how do you do it every month!I'm loving those ornaments and trees. And Diva's your samples are fabulous. Keep doing what you all do!

    ReplyDelete
  101. How gorgeous! I absolutely love all the paper piecing, too!
    Thanks for the chance to win such a great set!

    ReplyDelete
  102. Totally lovely. Gets me in the mood for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  103. Love these cards! I really really like the snowflakes set!

    ReplyDelete
  104. I especially love the ornaments. I can't wait for the release party. I have my checkbook ready.

    ReplyDelete
  105. Beautiful cards, can't wait to place an order!

    ReplyDelete