Thursday, September 17, 2009

Sneak Preview: Starstruck and You Rock

Welcome to Day 2 of our Sneak Previews! Today we’re featuring cards made with Starstruck and You Rock. These two sets offer an updated approach to a theme we just love here at Verve – stardom! They’ll be available for purchase immediately following our Release Party this Friday night, so you don’t have long to wait! And be sure to read all the way to the end of this post to find out how you can have a chance at winning these sets for your very own!




Designed by Julee Tilman

Since we first released Starlight Starbright & Wonderful Wishes in October 2007, I've had many requests to have some of these sentiments available in a bigger size. As my styles and tastes as an artist have changed over the past two years, I thought it would be good to revisit these two sets with a fresh perspective and Starstruck and Wishing You (which was peeked yesterday) are the result. I'm so excited about the possiblities of mixing and matching these sets with some of our older star sets for a whole new look. My card uses a flourishy star image, a smaller star, and a fabulous new sentiment from the Starstruck set.



Designed by Amber Hight

Hey everyone, Amber here with a peek at Starstruck! When I first saw this *amazing* stamp set, I had all kinds of ideas for it, especially to create my own patterned paper with this awesome swirly star! I stamped it several times on a piece of cardstock and then used the medium-sized star to stamp in the middle of the large swirly star. I outlined the swirls with Gold Ice Stickles and then to finish off the fancy pattern I added some red pearls by Kaiser Krafts. I hated to cut this piece of paper up because it's just so dang pretty, but I like it on my card too;) I stamped the sentiment, inked all the edges, and then added a strip of cardstock cut with my Apron Lace edge punch (by Fiskars).The ribbon, button, and jute were added before I adhered the sentiment panel but I felt like the card still needed something....hmmm...what to do?! I decided to add a couple jute stitches along three sides of the card and it was complete!



Designed by Jen del Muro

"You Rock." That's what I want to tell Julee each month when I get my DT package. Always filled with A-MAA-ZING stamp designs that are fun to work with. This month is no exception. It's an eclectic mix of fun, funky and elegant...quite the combo, right? The set that has my heart all a flutter this month is You Rock. It's a small set, but so much fun! When I sat down to make the card, I wanted to something that would really "POP." So I decided to combo black and white with a pop of pink and some bling-bling to make this a card appropriate for any true rockstar!



Designed by Amy Sheffer

Warning, Verve fans: You Rock may be a small set, but the two stamps in it are likely to capture your heart in a big way! I never would have thought to put stars and fleurs-de-lis together, but just look at this star image with the fleur-de-lis pattern in it. Isn't it GORGEOUS?! What an enchanting fusion of geometric on the one hand and frilly elegance on the other! And then there's Starstruck, with even more star images and uplifting sentiments you will melt over. For my peek, I created a tall, skinny card (3 1/4" x 6 1/2"). The color combo was pulled from the Amy Butler designer paper I used, and the combination of elements - the polka dots, dry embossed swirl pattern, scallops, dp, and bling - hopefully have captured the fun, modern, yet super classy look and feel of these wonderful new Verve sets. Can't wait until Friday!


Like what you’ve seen so far? Just leave a comment here on this post before 6 PM Eastern on Friday, September 18 and you’ll be put in a drawing to win these two sets! Winners will be announced at our release party that night.

And for even more chances to win, be sure to check out the Release Week challenges going on in the Verve Forum for your chance to win our entire release! Okay, that’s it for today, we’ll see you back here tomorrow for another peek at some more new sets!

85 comments:

  1. These two sets are fantastic! I'm always looking for star sets and the You Rock set will be perfect for cards for my two great-nephews (ages 8 and 11). Thanks for such fantastic sets, Julee!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! These sets look fabulous (as usual!)! Can't wait until Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. grgeous work, ladies...but honestly, who could go wrong with such awesome stamps? :) amazing sneak peek!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What awesome stamps sets! Oh the possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sets are just awesome and love all this inspiring eye candy. I just love those swans. Thanks for a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love both of these sets! The preview cards are awesome!!
    artfulsentiments at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these sets! The stars are "brilliant!" Great cards to showcase both sets.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These cards are beautiful! They really showcase the new stamp sets! Thanks for sharing.

    sueot33@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. From Becky-

    Wow! Thats all I can say. I loooove them. They would both be very versitle sets. You've done it again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't have any Verve stamps; but, I have admired them for a long time. These star sets are for sure one of my favorites! Great job ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Amber's patterned paper that she made with the star stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The cards are beautiful! And the stamps look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW!! These are all fabulous!! Can't wait till Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. All of these samples are just so great! I love the colors that were used and the larger sentiment! What fun sets! I can't wait to see the full reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love those stars! And the You're a Rock star sentiment will be perfect for me!

    ReplyDelete
  16. SO glad you're thinking about some larger sizes to add a little Vervetastic-ness to scrapbook pages... Keep 'em coming! :)

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, two fantastic sets. Love the stars. Useful for so many occasions and ideas. Count me in on this wonderful candy!

    Mary
    www.primitiveseasons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE the sentiments and the stars. Awesome Fleur de Lis. These images look so cool stamped in the bright fall colors - way to go DT. Can't wait to see the full sets on release night.

    ReplyDelete
  19. ok...wiping drool off my keyboard! fantastic samples ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am truly "Starstuck." You Rock!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh those sets look awesome! I love the swirly star!

    ReplyDelete
  22. these cards are amazing!!! can't wait to see the amazing sets in their entirety :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. What? Fleur de lis stars? Fantastic...double the pleasure :) Gorgeous cards, ladies, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the stars and the use with the fleur de lis - I live in a New Orleans style residence and am partial to them - fantastic ideas on all of these cards!

    ReplyDelete
  25. WOW; another great preview! Fabulous work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. You Divas are Rocking this set! Great samples!

    ReplyDelete
  27. These sets look fabulous! Great projects from the DT!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh my, Got to get my hands on these stamps. I am thinking of my nephew who is in the navy and these stamps would make wonderful cards for him.

    ReplyDelete
  29. These are wonderful ~ I know that love my original set too!

    Smiles,

    Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the stars for the "guy" cards - you added just a little something extra to make an ordinary star extraordinary!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love them!! I've been loving stars lately and can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful cards and theses sets look awesome! love the swirly star!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I can't wait to see both sets! I love the sentiments! Samples are fabulous, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  34. fantastic--love what I can see of this set!! Great creations once again from all the Divas!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. These stamps are gorgeous ! Really love the stars. Fingers crossed ! Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  36. These are awesome - I am really looking forward to Friday (although my wallet may not be!!) :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  37. Fantastic artwork ladies! And Julee....you ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  38. my pocket book is going to be in big trouble with this release! These are beautiful creations for the peeks! Love them

    ReplyDelete
  39. Absolutely super fun! Lovin' the stars... especially the one with the fleur de li!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Fabulous samples, ladies. Those stars rock! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  41. these are fabulous cards ladies, just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  42. AWESOME!! I can't wait to get these ones. The girls have done a great job sneak peaking these sets!!!

    Thanks
    Shelly
    Manitoba, Canada

    ReplyDelete
  43. Both these sets look amazing! Great examples... thanks for the sneak peek! See you Friday.

    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  44. What's even more amazing than the stamps themselves are the unbelievable projects the design team continually blows me away with.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Fabulous cards!! I LOVE the stars!!

    ReplyDelete
  46. I would love a chance to win these stamps!! Very lovely ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  47. These sets look like so much fun, and the Diva's creations are gorgeous!!! I'm getting excited! :)

    ReplyDelete
  48. I love star images and sentiments! Can't wait to see them all!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Both sets are fabulous! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  50. WOW!! These cards and the new sets look incredible!!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Stars work so wonderfully for so many different types of cards. I'm in love with that fleur de lis pattern in the stars! Can't wait to see these entire sets; thanks for the great sneak peaks.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Great sets. Thanks for the chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Great sets and love the samples. The swirly star is beautiful and I also love the star with the fleur de lis. The setiments are fantastic as always.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Every time you have a release I think you can get any better. Again you have out done yourselves!
    Great sets! Cant wait to see all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  55. I tell people "you ROCK!" all the time too! Can't wait for the full release.

    ReplyDelete
  56. I love these! Thanks for the chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  57. These two new sets are amazing. Thanks for the opportunity to maybe win them. Can't wait for the release party.

    ReplyDelete
  58. As usual - two great sets. Can't wait until the release party on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  59. I just love the way we can mix and match the new with the old sets! So clever of Julee to design with this in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  60. They look wonderful!! I don't really own star stamps as a set so this may be my first one! Yay!

    All DT did an amazing job!!

    ReplyDelete
  61. Love the swirly star. Can't wait to see the whole sets.

    ReplyDelete
  62. Beautiful cards with so many possibilities with these new sets! All of them really pop!

    ReplyDelete
  63. WOW- I am not a huge star person but this set is so cool and versatile to use (or so it appears!_.

    ReplyDelete
  64. Awesome! The possibilities are endless!

    ReplyDelete
  65. Beautiful sets.
    I can't wait to see the rest.
    Beautiful work Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  66. What great samples! Just love the uniqueness of that star, too!

    ReplyDelete
  67. Gorgeous sets...so versatile. Loving the look of them.

    ReplyDelete
  68. These are favs already, great work on the cards with these sets as well, very exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  69. Fantastic! Love it! I have two boys and the new stamp sets would really work well for them! THanks at the chance to win them and good luck tonight with the release!

    ReplyDelete
  70. Another great release Julee. I'm lovin' the stars and awesome sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  71. Fantastic work ladies. I love stars - there's just something about them.

    ReplyDelete
  72. absolutely beautiful!!! I need these!

    ReplyDelete
  73. Great sets! A must have for every collection!!

    ReplyDelete
  74. All those stars really zing, if you know what I mean!

    ReplyDelete
  75. These samples rock! Looking forward to seeing the sets.

    ReplyDelete
  76. oooooo, those stars are fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  77. LOVE these two sets! I must have them for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  78. oh this is my favorite set i saw out of the sneak peaks love it. the cards are just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  79. I think I am too late for the candy, but I love these new sets. I have several of the original star sets and love the larger verses in the new set. Go Verve!

    ReplyDelete