Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Sneak Peek - Day 1: Swan Song and Wishing You

Hi there! Jen Tapler here with the first day of Sneak Peeks of another FANTABULOUS Verve New Release!! Today the Divas and I are sharing a few projects using the new sets Swan Song and Wishing You. They’ll be available for purchase immediately following our Release Party this Friday night, so you don’t have long to wait! And be sure to read all the way to the end of this post to find out how you can have a chance at winning these sets for your very own!

First up is this beautiful card by Diva Tosha Leyendekker. Julee never ceases to amaze me with each new release!! And this time she included one of my all time favorite images: swans. My heart went all aflutter when I saw the set Swan Song. I'm so excited to be able to work with this new release. For this card, I stamped the swan and sentiment with Smokey Gray (Versafine) and paper toled the swan with 6 layers. I created the sentiment medallion with the Lattice Pendant, Labels 3 and Circle Nestabilities, and added some sparkle to each piece with some glitter. Finally, I topped it all off with some sewing, pearls, and a large Ivory bow.

________________________________________________________

From Diva Mercy Kerin:
I am so stoked to be writing my first Sneak Peek post as an official Diva! It still feels like it's all been a wonderful dream! As with all the other Verve releases, I have loved each and every set that has come out...but there is always one that stands out to me a little more than the others. For this month it was Swan Song! As soon as I saw it I knew exactly what I wanted to do...that doesn't happen often, so when it does you know you have to roll with it! LOL! I stamped the swans on watercolor paper in Basic Black Craft Ink, embossed them with clear embossing powder, then colored them with an aquapainter and an ink pad. I added some yellow stickles, black rhinestones, yellow ribbon, and silver cording to finish off the card. I absolutely love the way it turned out, and I know that you will love this set as much as I do!

________________________________________________________

From Guest Diva Kristina Biederman:
Hello Everyone! I am thrilled beyond words to be a part of this amazing release celebration! I think I almost fell out of my chair when an e-mail from Julee showed up back in July. Then, the stamps arrived and I ran through the house to find my roommate and show her how incredible they are! When I saw there was another sentiment set, Wishing You, I knew I had to get them inky right away. I love sentiment sets and Julee always makes the absolute best with the most gorgeous fonts!

I used Wishing You for my card and kept it pretty simple, keeping the words as the main focus point. I also snuck a little Beautiful Kindness onto my card - I can just see using these sentiments partnered with so many other sets!

Thanks again to Julee and the absolutely incredible Divas for letting me be a part of this wonderful release!!

________________________________________________________

And from me, Jen Tapler:
Once again, Julee has outdone herself with this release! So many gorgeous sets!! Picking a favorite is nearly impossible, but I am a sucker for sentiment sets - and Wishing You is absolutely AWESOME!! I LOVE the idea of combining the "Wishing You" stamp with any one of the other 9 stamps in this set to create so many different sentiments. You could stamp them together as I did here to create a single focal sentiment, or divide them up (and this set is PERFECT for those of you crazies out there who take the time to finish the insides of your cards!!). I kept this little notecard-sized card simple, letting that "Wishing You the Best Day Ever" sentiment (a combination of 2 of the stamps from this set) be the focus. Some small Prima flowers were really all the embellishments this little card needed!

________________________________________________________

Like what you’ve seen so far? Just leave a comment here on this post before 6 PM Eastern on Friday, September 18 and you’ll be put in a drawing to win these two sets! Winners will be announced at our release party that night.

And for even more chances to win, be sure to check out the Release Week challenges going on in the Verve Forum for your chance to win our entire release! Okay, that’s it for today, we’ll see you back here tomorrow for another peek at some more new sets!

99 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS stuff ladies! Love the projects:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the "Wishing You" set! It looks incredibly versatile. Great for a large standalone sentiment on the front or split between the front and inside of a card. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i love love love them both!!!! the swan song set is so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this first card! The colors are so pretty, and I really like the sentiment, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the wishing you set. It will be so versatile. The swans are so unique. Great samples.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What gorgeous swan images. Really lovely stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! These cards are just amazing ladies! I can not wait to see what the rest of this release holds for us, but with this sort of kick off it can be only be amazing! I am loving the swans, they look so pretty! Oh party to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cards are gorgeous! I love the size of the wishing you sentiment. Perfect for using as a focal point!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautfiul cards ladies. Love them. The swans are something completely new I haven't seen before. Looks like we are going to have another awesome release of beautiful stamps. I can't wait to see the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like two more beautiful sets from Verve. Can't wait to see all the sentiments in the 'Wishing You' set.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooow SWANS?! Awesome, can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards, ladies! I am so excited to see all of the swan set. Love the idea of layering those images!

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautifully done, ladies! loving the samples!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow, gorgeous samples divas! The sets look awesome and I would love to win them, thanks for the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are GORGEOUS creations!! I LOVE the swan! wow! breathtaking images!

    ReplyDelete
  16. looks like two new BEAUTIFUL sets coming soon! can't waitttt to see them in their entirety :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. So, so awesome! I noticed that swan on a release week challenge sample... And I am LOVING that Wishing You set! F-U-N!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. over the top gorgeous!! Hi Kristina!!! I'm so excited a blog friend is a Guest Diva!!! These cards are so inspiring, can't wait till Friday...well, I always say that, but this Friday will be suh-weet!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow these are all gorgeous. I really like the swans in Yellow. That is such a fab look for them. And that sentiment set I am sure is going to have to be MINE very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The cards are gorgeous!! Love both sets already!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOVE LOVE LOVE all of it! Swan Song...dying to get my hands on that one in particular! The samples are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love Wishing You - it will be the perfect addition to my small but growing Verve collection! I can't wait until Friday - thank you so much for bringing these beautiful stamps into the world!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Can't wait to see your other creations, Divas. Thanks for the eye candy :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. All the cards shown are fabulous, but that first swan card is regal ... just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such gorgeous projects... looks like these are beautiful sets

    ReplyDelete
  26. I've been wanting a swan image and this is the first one I have seen any company do and I love it! Looking forward to seeing more!

    Andrea McCulley
    prayalways421@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm thinkin' I'm really liking the Swan Song set.... Nice work ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow...fabulous stuff, divas! I cant wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  29. These are stunning cards! I can't wait for hte stamps to be released!! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  30. these are beautiful cards ladies and gorgeous stamp sets!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. WOW! Absolutely gorgeous! Each and every one!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'm brand new at all this scrapbooking & stamping stuff. I'm just so amazed at all of the talented ladies. I've been eyeing several of the the Verve stamps set and hoping to get them soon. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow what gorgeous work...and those stamps? to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  34. So many new things in today's post! New Divas and new stamps. The cards are divine ladies and again, congrats to Mercy and Kristina!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh my, Julee has done it again! The woman just creates the most beautiful stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I have never seen a bird stamp quite like that...AMAZING! (Yes I yelled that.)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wow gals! Your sneak peaks are AMAZING! It's so fun to finally see your projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Gorgeous projects and gorgeous stamps! That swan is so unique!

    ReplyDelete
  39. These are gorgeous samples , girls !

    ReplyDelete
  40. I'm loving BOTH of these sets so far! The samples are gorgeous and am looking forward to party time!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Loving both sets, but particularly the "Wishing You" because of the bee-U-tiful font.
    Great job ladies on the samples!
    Hugs,
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  42. Beautiful cards ladies! I am lovin' the elegant swans and the colour combos that you selected. I am always in awe at the newness and freshness that each release presents and all of the fabulous ideas that the divas create!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Wow!! I cannot wait to see that Swan Song set! It looks absolutely gorgeous! And the sentiments set??? A wow there, too!

    ReplyDelete
  44. These are lovely! I'm anxious to see the entire sets!!

    ReplyDelete
  45. I LOOOOOOOVE that swan set! Great job, ladies! Thanks for the chance to win!

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  46. Oh my! Swan Sing has me hook, line and sinker. These samples of the two sets are exceptional!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Both sets look fantastic. The samples as always are beautiful. I don't think I've seen anything at all like the swan set, definitely going on my order this Friday. Can't wait for more sneak peaks.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Both sets look super wonderful!! All creations are gorgeous as well!

    ReplyDelete
  49. These cards are just gorgeous! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Ohhhh I'm Drooling, over the new stuff can't wait till Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Both sets look like they're going to be another beautiful addition!

    ReplyDelete
  52. I love both sets but especially love the swans. The divas have done an amazing job demonstrating their use!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Another wonderful week of creativity is on it's way! Love the new sets and the swan is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  54. WOWZA!! What gorgeous cards!! All the divas are so talented and Julee just keeps putting out the best stamps . . . Thanks for the opportunity to win some of the new ones!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Wow, what elegant cards we'll make with these sets!
    T. Blue
    tmblueb@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  56. AWESOME new stamp sets. Love them both and what you all have created with them. I'd be proud to own them, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  57. WOW this is some major Verve MOJO! Thanks for a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  58. What a gorgeous stamp set! The cards are beautiful, ladies! Everything you create is so inspiring! Thanks!

    sueot33@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  59. Simply Beautiful. The visions the Diva's ghave are wonderful. Wish i could buy that.

    ReplyDelete
  60. Becky said....

    Awesome. Love all the cards. you ladies do great work.

    ReplyDelete
  61. SO many great ideas! I love the versatility of the stamps and the 6 layer swan is incredible!!

    ReplyDelete
  62. Oh my; these sets are just beautiful; can't wait to see them in their entirety!!

    ReplyDelete
  63. love, love, love, these sets. Can't wait until Friday! Fantastic cards ladies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  64. Love the sentiments (and projects)!

    ReplyDelete
  65. I just love sneak peeks!! Makes me really look forward to Friday!! Fantastic samples from all you Verve Diva's!!

    ReplyDelete
  66. Gorgeous creations ladies! Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  67. These are beautiful cards! I can't wait to see the rest of the set.

    ReplyDelete
  68. Lovin it....Lovin it! Can't wait to get my hands on them.

    Shelly
    Manitoba, Canada

    ReplyDelete
  69. WOW! Gorgeous samples ladies! Scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  70. Fabulous. I can't wait to see more. Both these sets will go on my wish list, I am sure. TFS. Can't wait for Friday either.

    ReplyDelete
  71. These are all just gorgeous!!! That swan is so cool, and the Wishing You set is so versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  72. Love the "Wishing You" font...great stuff!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  73. Can't wait to see all the ways "Wishing you..." can be finished!

    ReplyDelete
  74. Beautiful work ladies! I them them all!

    ReplyDelete
  75. Love these beautiful samples of "Wishing You" stamp set. Can't see what else you, ladies, have in store for us!

    ReplyDelete
  76. LOVE that swan song set - very elegant. Really enjoying the sneak peeks!

    ReplyDelete
  77. Wow! Such amazing cards. Love the sentiments. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  78. They are both so gorgeous! I'd love to win!

    ReplyDelete
  79. WOW! I could SOOOO use these sets! Love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  80. Oh, I love it!!!! I want it!!! I need it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  81. Love the new Star set - and the Swans are beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  82. How great are these, Swan Song is very unique from what I have seen to date... will be interesting to see these at the release...

    ReplyDelete
  83. The font on Wishing You is incredible. I love the size!

    ReplyDelete
  84. the projects are so pretty!! And the senitmients are so perfect. Just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  85. The swans are such a unique set, FANTASTIC creativity! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  86. OMG - I love the versatility of the Wishing you set - can't wait to see everything tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  87. These sets look great and I love what you have shown using them.

    ReplyDelete
  88. I love the original Wonderful Wishes and star sets, so I know I'll love these new ones as well!

    ReplyDelete
  89. OOOOOH! How GORGEOUS! Can't wait for tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  90. gorgeous stuff just love how you showcased these new stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  91. Gorgeous ladies! I love each and every one of them! :D

    ReplyDelete