Friday, September 11, 2009

August Project Parade-Day 14


Hey everyone, Teresa here; I cannot believe that I am bringing to you the last day of the Happiness for Hostesses Project Parade, haven't the divas turned out some fabulous hostess gifts? It is a dream come true to be working along side these talented ladies, thank you Julee!
My gift is a tin full of coffee beans and homemade coffee cake. I luv coffee, but enjoy it much more when it is fresh ground, lasting and with longtime friends. I have girlfriends that I have known since the third grade and when we get together there is always coffee involved. We are due a get together, so this is the perfect time to call them up and make a date.
I will save my favorite boxes and tins, this is one that was in my stash. I took Basicgrey Blush dp and distressed and layered it and adhered with tacky tape around the tin. Card stock is Prism Burned and Birchtone Light. I used the Mega Curved rectangle nesties for the image Delightful & Delicious and sentiment on the front of the tin. I used the steamy image from the A Cup Of Life set to make the scrolls down the side. I tied it all with a bow and added a tag with the cup image on it. The cups and the scrolls I went over with a glitter pen, not sure if you can see it in the picture. I used Romans 12:13 verse on the card and a button tied with twine on the bow. I ran the card base through the Cuttlebug using the SU Final Press embossing folder, I luv this texture, it is gorgeous! I also picked up these chocolate envies at Michael's, had to have them. I ran a strip of embossed card stock down the front of it and added a few Kaiser Craft pearls. I sure hope that my project has been an inspiration to you and I hope that you can play along in our Project Parade. Just make a project or card that fits with our Happiness for Hostesses theme. Verve stamps are not required, but if you've got 'em, we love to see 'em. Then just add a link to your creation to the Mr. Linky form in DAY ONE's POST before 8PM Mountain September 12. Two lucky participants will win a stamp set of their choice from the Verve Store. We've also hidden another $25 gift certificate somewhere along the parade for a random commenter. So if you like what you see, be sure and give a little shout out in the comments of each post! Have fun and good luck!

32 comments:

  1. Really a beautiful project. I love the antiqued look. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful creations, teresa! how did you know that i needed coffee this morning? LOL! great colors, and great gift set!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whar a fabulous hostess gift. The tin is fabulous and I love the envelope decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boy does this look yummy. What a great hostess gift. Love this color combo and your card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous set!! Love the richness!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks YUMMY! What a well thought through gift idea.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so sweet!!! I want to grab it out of the screen and take a bite of that sweet coffee cake!!! Beautiful projects and such a sweet card!!! simply lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. REALLY beautiful gift set! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous colour! love the blue ribbon...this all looks so delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fabulous, Teresa! Love the tin and the card is a perfect match. See you are in true Verve colours too :D Great job! TFS :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful project! Who wouldn't love to receive this?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely ADORE cinnamon coffee cake ... and the cinnamon color cardstock with the teal ... oh my, I want to be YOUR hostess!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Girl! this is just beautiful! I love that tin, love the colors you chose and REALLY want a piece of that yummy cake with my coffee right now! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the project and this is my fave color combo. The embossing on the chocolate paper looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful gift idea! I love the color combo. Thanks for the inspiration.

    sueot33@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another awesome gift set! I love the color combo and the embossing makes it so rich looking!

    PS - Thanks divas for making some awesome projects!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVE fresh ground coffee. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I do love these colors together, like yesterday, these sets are all gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your creation made me hungry!!! I would love the receipe for that coffee cake (if you have one). A great, great hostess gift.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ohhh....these are gorgeous!!!! And I want some crumb cake now...hehehehe...you guys are killing me with all the yumminess!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Outstanding! I'd give it 2 thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
  22. beautiful, love that tin!!
    We will never forget. 9.11.01

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOVE this set, love your beautiful colors....... Great job. I have been having so much fun playing with my new sets and I am praying that I get a second project finished and uploaded before deadline tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the distressed look on both the card and tin. Coffee beans and coffee cake with such a pretty card and packaging...wonderful hostess gift; thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful ensemble! The antiqued look is so warm and charming!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love today's project. Definitely a lovely gift.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very pretty. I like how the blue accessories really pop out at you. Lovely gift set.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I really love 'dressed up' tins and this project is fabulous, Teresa!! Great colors and ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Just adorable! I love the texture of the Finial Press on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a beautiful and thoughtful gift! I would love to receive something like this as a hostess! :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. I absolutely love that tin! So cute! The card is awesome too! The whole set would be very welcome at my house!

    ReplyDelete