Tuesday, September 8, 2009

August Project Parade: Day 11

Hi everyone, it's Michelle! It's my turn to show you a bit of Verve-y Hostess Happiness! Haven't the Divas rocked it so far?!?

One of my best girlfriends is a HUGE tea drinker. I mean seriously, HUGE tea drinker! She drinks tea like I drink coffee. -LOL! We are all heading over to her house for dinner in a couple weeks, so I thought I would take this opportunity to make her a little hostess gift.

I was shopping at Cost Plus the other day, and found this REALLY cool tea cup. The little spoon keeps in the handle, how cute is that? The project came together pretty quickly after I found this. My card uses the A Cup of Life set and are colored with copic markers. She is NOT a girly girl at all, so I kept the embellies to a minimum, but I did add a couple silver pearls here and there, just couldn't help myself!

When making both the card and tag, I stuck to the colors and clean lines of the cup. She and her family are very "green", so she will appreciate the tea is from a local Portland owned company, STASH.

So....have you decided what fabulous hostess gift you'd like to create? We can't wait to see it! To play along, just make a project or card that shows us your take on the Happiness for Hostesses theme. Verve Stamps are not required, but if you've got 'em we love to see 'em! Just add a link to your creation to the Mr. Linky form in DAY ONE's POST before 8PM Mountain September 12th. Two lucky participants will win a stamp set of their choice from the Verve Store. We've also hidden another $25 gift certificate somewhere along the parade for a random commenter. So if you like what you see, be sure and give a little shout out in the comments of each post!

Have fun and good luck!

33 comments:

  1. wow Michelle, green is my favorite color...I luv this.....nice!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is so terrific! I love the color combo and it ties together so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool find in the tea cup. It is truly unique! I love the colors of your card and it is just beautiful. Green is my favorite of favorite colors, so this project just gives me the best eye candy of the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable hostess gift ... that green tea cup is so unique with the tulip design and a holder for the spoon. Must scout it out and get some for the tea lovers in my family ... thanks so much for the awesome ideas - love your color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The green and black here are striking. I like how you set up your image and sentiment in the top note die, and Stash tea is wonderful! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is FABOO!! I love the color the design is impeccable! Awesome! She will love it

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a perfect color combination for the coffee cups! Love what you did ... great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great gift idea...love how you used the same colors as the mug! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this is an amazing gift! I'm lovin' the green too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the colours and images on your card! The silver thread looks fabulous with the ribbon!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. a beautiful gift. Love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful and very thoughtful, Michelle!!! Wonderful colors and I love the patterns, cut work detailing, and the treat cup!!! Wonderfully done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, this is a great project. Love the colors together. I don't drink tea myself, but this would make a great gift for someone that does. TFS.
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  14. perfect color match! Nice gift project I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is a super cute project! I love the simplicity of the card design!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a gorgeous card..and that cup is amazingly matching it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fantastic project! Your friend may like that the tea was purchased from a local company, but STASH is far and away my favorite brand of tea! She'll love it if she hasn't tried it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  18. michelle...what an amazing color! that green is so sharp and stunning! amazing projects...lovin' that card, girlie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, this is so beautiful, love the fun & unique color combo. I am in the middle of creating a similar hostess set. Great job

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the color combination. This stamp set is really cute, too. Very inspiring - thank you!

    sueot33@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Darling!! I love the tag & card!! The colors are yummy and I how you used the top note as a layer is great!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Green is my favorite colour and I would love to receive this gift. The cup is fabulous as is the matching card. I'm sure she will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a cute set. Your friend will love it! There are so many sentiments about coffee ou there so it's nice to see a calming set devoted to tea and green:-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. A mug with a built in spoon and holder; how cool! Nice card, I like the layout and the color scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the stamp set since I love tea. But that is a wonderful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I like the way you tied in all the colors to the mug - great gift idea!

    ReplyDelete
  27. what a cute tag and beautiful card!!
    We will never forget. 9.11.01

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow, Michelle, what a gorgeous gift!! I especially LOVE your colors and I'm definitely saving this in my faves!

    ReplyDelete