Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Sneak Preview: Express Yourself

Welcome to Day 1 of our Sneak Previews! We've got some fabulous new sets to share with you this week, so let's jump right in. Today we're featuring cards made with Express Yourself, a set designed with girly pizazz and polka dot flair. Express Yourself will be available immediately following our Release Party this Friday night. Be sure to read all the way to the end of this post to find out how you can have a chance at winning this set!

So, are you all ready for another Verve release? I know I say this with all of them, but you will seriously LOVE what Julee has in store for you this time around! :)


From Diva Laurie Schmidlin:
Oh my gosh, I am loving this set!! It has just the right mixture of fun and elegance...all done in Julee's classic Verve style! I chose a bold color combo (Raspberry, Chocolate, & White) and softened it a bit with some bows, and a little flower. Some of the extra details I added are: embossed polka dot background, embossed border (around the card base), scalloped border, three bows, and a rhinestone in the flower center.






From Diva Lynda Benden:

Hello! Are you ready for the sneak peek kick off?!? I hope so as you will be AMAZED at the awesome sets being released Friday!! When I saw the new sets, the first one that jumped out at me was the Express Yourself set. I have had such a great time playing with this set!! It is no secret that I LOVE bling and this set is perfect for me to use that bling!!! For the layout of my card I chose to use Julee’s Anni-VERVE-sary sketch 202. I did flip it so my oval would be horizontal. For this card I used Pink Pirouette, Whisper White and Basic Black CS and the pink DP is from SU!’s Bella Birds Collection. I stamped the heels 2 times on the decorative pink paper using Black Craft ink and then heat embossed using clear embossing powder. I cut the heels out and mounted one directly on the Whisper White oval and the second next to it using dimensionals. I used my Spellbinders Pierceabilities to pierce along the bottom as well as a little design next to the heels. I then added some small black glitter flowers with clear Martha Stewart rhinestones in the centers. Instead of strips of paper at the top, I added some black & white May Arts ribbon. I finished the inside as well using a sentiment from another set which will be released on Friday! You can find additional details and photos on my blog. In case you didn’t know, there are LOTS of fun things going on at Verve to celebrate the 2 year Anni-VERVE-sary AND I might add, LOTS of chances to win prizes!!! The Anni-VERVE-sary sketches can be found HERE and the Diva’s will be posting fun giveaways each day as well and those can be found HERE!!


From Diva Charmaine Ikach:

When I first saw this set, I just fell in love! Girly things and polka dots. . .who wouldn't love this set? LOL I decided to create a girly little purse box for my peek. This would be great filled with candy, a gift card or even an invitation to a girl's night out! We know you're going to find all sorts of girly things to create with this set!







As Lynda mentioned in her blurb, there is LOTS going on in the Verve Forums on SCS with lots of chances to win Verve prizes! Be sure to head on over to those links to find out how you can win!

We have one more little surprise up our sleeve for you today! Just leave a comment here on this post before 6PM Eastern on Friday, August 14 and you'll be put in a drawing to win Express Yourself! Winners will be announced during our release party.

We hope you enjoyed the sneak peek today. Check back each day this week for peeks of the other sets! You definitely don't want to miss them. . . and we look forward to chatting with you on Friday!

101 comments:

  1. wow am I the first to comment?? that should count for something!! LOL

    what a fun looking set--love what I can see of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Loving what I can see of this set.
    Can't wait to see it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like what I am seeing so far and can't wait for the rest of the reveal this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh this set is perfect! I'm always looking for a good purse or shoe stamp so this fits the bill.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These images are darling! Can't wait to see the whole thing! I am sure it will be walking its way over to my shopping cart!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the shoes and handband, a girl can never have enough of those!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooooo... Love the polka dots!! How exciting for a chance to win this set!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabo cards - ladies!!! Looks like this is a super duper new diva-licious set - LOL!!! Can't wait to see the rest!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  9. WoW! I know I saw this set used during the Anni-VERVE-sary blog hop, and I just loved it then, but these look even better! I can't wait to see this set in its full beauty! Woot! On my wish list already!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the shoes!! Can't wait to see the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how girly this set is!!! Great job divas :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. WHat a fabulous set! Love the gorgeous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG~this set it too cute!! Thanks for the chance to win one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all things GIRLY and this line is a MUST have - too darn cute for words - I see many cards in my future using this stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cute -- love the shoes! What a great set for girlfriend gifts & cards.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So far, my favorite part of this set is the sentiment to "Express Yourself." It could be used for the fashion look of this set, or on a childs scrapbook page! Too cool

    ReplyDelete
  17. These look great. thanks for the chance to win.
    jberezowecki@Hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous cards using the new set!

    ReplyDelete
  19. this set is darling! can't wait to see the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have a few friends with shoe and purse fetishes so this set would be perfect. Great samples, ladies :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love, love. love what I can see so far! Give me more!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. what a perfect girlie set! love the peaks and can't wait to see more :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a super set! Can't wait to see what else you have planned for the week!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Always love a party, especially Verve! This set is so cute (what I can see of it!) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I LOVE what I have seen of this set! Wow...I think that I am going to be making my first Verve purchase... smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely, Ladies!!! You all did such a fabulous job with that set! I can't wait to see what else is coming!

    ReplyDelete
  27. too cute! Can't wait for the release!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love girly sets! Way to go Julee.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I can see this is going to be a fantastic release already. These are just to cute. Can't wait to see the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  30. LOVE those polka dots!! This set is so cute and is definitely going to make some great girly cards!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Well, I don't consider myself a girly-girl, but this set does seem great! Besides, who doesn't need at least one girly-girl set?!

    ReplyDelete
  32. What great profects you ladies came up with!!! Just stunning!!! What a great set, as usual!!! Can't wait to see them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. WOW what a Great set...shoes and purses are my next shopping addiction after stamping supplies! :) Thanks for the chance to win such a beautiful set!
    Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  34. This set looks so fun! I love the polka dot shoes and adorable purse! All 3 projects are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  35. This looks like a really fun set, and the DT came up with some awesome designs to use them on! Thanks for all the great work you have done, ladies!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oooh, polka dots! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  37. So sorry I'll have to miss the release party this time - but summer is short here on the prairies so we have to 'make hay while the sun shines' (or go camping before the snow flies...) Have fun everyone and I'll check in as soon as I can to see which new sets I 'can't live without'!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Such fabulous creative artwork! Your dt are such an enabling group!

    ReplyDelete
  39. What a cute set - and such BEAUTIFUL work - I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy (bowing down while typing)....
    Can't wait to see tomorrow's sneak peak!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Wow! can't wait to see the rest of the set. This is sooooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  41. this set is great! lovin all the pink and polka dots ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  42. I can't wait to see this whole set! That pink card with the polka dots and the gingham bows is so adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  43. what an adorable set, luv the girly style!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  44. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this set!!!! Can't wait to see the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Beautiful set. Cannot wait to see the entire set. Love polka dots.

    ReplyDelete
  46. What a fun set! Looking forward to seeing the complete Express Yourself and all the other new Verve releases!

    ReplyDelete
  47. What fun projects. I love Polka Dots and they look so snappy on the purse and shoe images.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Shoes & Polka Dots, it just doesn't get any better. Happy Anniversary

    ReplyDelete
  49. I can't wait to see the rest - love what I see so far for sure! I love girly stamp sets:)

    ReplyDelete
  50. CUTE! such an "un" Verve set. Love it though!

    ReplyDelete
  51. What a great set for the girly-girl in all of us!!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Fabulous sneak preview so far. Lovin what I see.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Loving the divas' samples! Can't wait to see the rest of the set. Thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Great new stamp. Look forward to seeing the rest of the release.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Great new stamp. Look forward to seeing the rest of the release.

    ReplyDelete
  56. A perfect "girly" set!!! Cant wait to have it!! Perhaps win it??

    ReplyDelete
  57. Wow, I love the font you used for this set Julee! Great designs everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  58. Wow this is going to be so much fun to play with on my own. The ideas are bubbling up from the old brain.

    ReplyDelete
  59. How cute is this set? Lovin the polka dots. Anxious to set the complete set.
    T. Blue
    tmblueb@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  60. What a FABULOUS set...as always! Can't wait to see the rest! :)

    Freida
    freida38801@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  61. Would love to win "Express Yourself" What great sneak peaks! Polka dots, shoes, & purses...ahhhh! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  62. Ohhhh.... I am reaaaaallllly liking this set. Absolutely love the dotted purse Laurie!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  63. Oh my word! This set is a MUST HAVE! I have never seen a set quite like it and I must admit that I would probably make cards for myself with this set! Haha! That's how much I love it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  64. There is only one word for this set: DIVALICIOUS. It's perfect! So fun and fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  65. Oh wow I love these peeks and I can't wait to see this whole set. It looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  66. Amanda P (Australia)August 12, 2009 at 3:41 PM

    As any woman will tell you bags and shoes are always winners. Can't wait to see the whole set.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  67. Love it! This set is so me! I love shoes and purses!

    ReplyDelete
  68. So cute! Love the sneak peek cards, and especially Laurie's bows!

    ReplyDelete
  69. Now how cute is this?? Can't wait to see the entire set!

    ReplyDelete
  70. Wow!! I love all the samples!!

    ReplyDelete
  71. This really does look like a fun set to play with. Can't wait to see what else the Verve girls have in store for us! eek!

    ReplyDelete
  72. LOve, love the "girlie" purse and shoes, what fun these would be to stamp...can't wait to see the entire set!!!

    ReplyDelete
  73. Must have this teeny purse! So cute. Love all of the samples the Divas are dishing out!

    ReplyDelete
  74. Ooooh... I am such a sucker for shoes! I just got my first Verve order and can't wait to play... and now I'm anxiously awaiting this new release to order some more! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  75. I'd love to win this adorable set. What girl doesn't need more shoes (stamps)!

    ReplyDelete
  76. I gotta have this set.... it's so me-so girly....awesome cards ladies,I can't wait til Friday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  77. Squeal!!! I must have this set - it's too cute and I have the perfect purse charms to go with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  78. Wow these cards are lovely! Looks like a great set!

    ReplyDelete
  79. what a great looking set - can't wait to see all the stamps in the set!

    ReplyDelete
  80. How cute is that set! I love it!!

    Danielle
    http://sisters-of-the-heart.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  81. This would be a great new set to own...I don't have any of these girlie style images yet. So many fun possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  82. Another great creation made with another great release! So much inspiration! Hugs, Dannette

    ReplyDelete
  83. What fabulous DT you have! They know hoe to REALLY showcase the new release stamps! I want this set! To perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  84. I love the adorable purse. Everything looks wonderful, my cedit card will be smokin'. Can't wait to see everything.

    ReplyDelete
  85. Love it, a girly girl set!! I can't wait! Love the previews and look forward to more!

    Hugs

    ~Spike

    ReplyDelete
  86. I'm glad I could be part of the fun this month.

    Thanks so much for sharing!
    Joyce M

    joyjonjake@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  87. Keep the wonderful samples coming. Loving everything so far!

    ReplyDelete
  88. Oh, loving this set. My youngest is leaving this weekend for college, and she loves shoes and purses. This is a must-have for our family - thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  89. So cute! Love the fun accessory images previewed here.

    ReplyDelete
  90. Awesome set. Can't wait to see all of the new releases!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  91. How fun! I'm not usually a shoe kinda gal, but this would be one fun stamp to use! =D

    ReplyDelete
  92. Oh, my - how frisky! LOVE THIS SET!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  93. Oh WOW! So many beautiful sets and talented artists! How do you do it?

    ReplyDelete
  94. This is great for girly girl cards!

    ReplyDelete
  95. Sassy & fun. Can't wait to make some girly projects.

    ReplyDelete