Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Sneak Preview - Day 2: Party Time & Bountiful Backgrounds

Hey Verve Fans!! Jen Tapler here. How'd you like those peeks yesterday of Express Yourself? Pretty awesome, huh? Well, we've got more awesomeness in store for you today with two more fabulous Verve sets that will be available immediately following the Verve Release Party this Friday night!! Today some of the other divas and I are sharing projects using Party Time and Bountiful Backgrounds!

I am so excited about these 2 sets! I love the fun, happy balloons in Party Time and I have to say that Bountiful Backgrounds just might be my new fave Verve set (Ok, Ok - that changes by the day, but still...). When I saw the Party Time set I knew immediately that I wanted to make some sort of gift box and matching card. I came up with this fun little hybrid set using printed digi papers from the Little Mr. Big Man kit by Traci Reed (Sweet Shoppe Designs), filling the box with some citrus See's candies. I stamped one of the FOUR new background stamps onto some Real Red CS for the bottom portion of the gift box (isn't that such a COOL and unique background image!?!?). Both sentiments and the balloons (paper-pieced with more digi papers here) are from Party Time. I love how versatile the Bountiful Backgrounds are and can picture having to force myself NOT to use them on every card from now on!! And Party Time is such a great celebration set that's perfect for cards and gifts for recipients of any age!!

Now check out what some of my fellow Divas have done with these sets...

From Diva Susan Liles:
Hello Verve fans! It's Day 2 of the Sneak Peeks! I'm sure you'll be lovin' this new set called Party Time. I know I do. I immediately thought of this paper that I had from Basic Grey with the balloons and numbers on it when I saw this set. I couldn't wait to pair the balloon image up with it. I stamped it three times, colored all the balloons with my Copics, and then cut them out. (Yes, I left the little white spaces between the strings because I'm terrible at using an X-acto knife! So it's OK if you do the same.) I put the card together and at the last minute decided to tie the little twine strings onto the balloon strings. Here's a tip: a little dab of glue behind them keeps the bows from coming undone. Anyway, I hope you like what you've seen so far...there lot's more to come!

From Diva Jen del Muro:
Are you all loving all the Verve sneak peeks so far? I am always amazed at what Julee can dream up with all these images. I am loving the new Party Time set. It's a set that can be as simple or as intricate as you wish. I decided to do a fairly simple card and then pop up the balloons on multiple levels to give the card a little bit more of a "wow factor". Have fun looking at all the other sneak peeks and good luck if you are playing along too!






From Guest Diva Mercy Kerin:
I am so thrilled to be taking part in this month's release! I was ecstatic when Julee e-mailed me to be one of the guest designers and even more excited when my stamp sets arrived. As soon as I saw this set I knew what I wanted to do with it...Chinese Lanterns! They were meant to be used as balloons, but I absolutely love nighttime parties...and what better decoration for such an event!?! I stamped the image on watercolor paper in Basic Black craft ink, then embossed it with clear embossing powder. I used an aquapainter and Classic Ink Pads to color the lanterns, then went over them with a Gold Sakura Glaze Pen for some sparkle. I also sponged the background to create an evening sky, then embellished with some Real Red Ribbon and Jumbo Silver Brads. You can find additional details and pictures on my blog.

Don't forget about all the fun stuff going on in the Verve Forums on SCS with lots of chances to win Verve prizes! Be sure to head on over to those links to find out how you can win!

We have one more little surprise up our sleeve for you today! Just leave a comment here on this post before 6PM Eastern on Friday, August 14 and you'll be put in a drawing to win more Verve Goodies! Winners will be announced during our release party.

94 comments:

  1. ladies...these are wonderful! what an awesome bunch of sneak peeks...lovin' every minute of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these new stamps and the sneek peak projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful sets. Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a versatile set! Love them! I will be coming back to check out the new release each day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how cool! Great projects. Love the lantern idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute set. I lOVE the awesome upside down balloon idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to order both of these sets! The projects using them are simply delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OHMGSH I love the balloons! Love! Love! Love It!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love both of these sets and the samples are very creative and wonderful as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the sentiments, can't wait to see the rest of the sets! Thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so anxious to see the complete release again! The cards today just scream PARTY TIME to me! They're so awesome with those unique balloons. I'm completely blown away with the new high-heeled shoe too! Great job ladies!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love these peeks! the bright colors are so fun - and who woulda thought to make chinese lanterns! Great job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! What a versatile set! I love how one of the ladies used the balloons as Chinese lanterns! You ladies always stun me with your creativity, and this release is looking even better then the last!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I always look forward to you r sneak peeks!!! The ideas and stamp sets are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great cards ladies!! Love all the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't wait to see more of the backgrounds! The chinese lanterns were such a fab design idea! TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  17. ok....you did it again. I am going to have to but again. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. gorgeous samples!!! love those balloons and can't wait to see the rest of the background set!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm a party girl and this set just screams out at me to have some fun and create ... awesome set !!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful job Ladies!! This set is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I super love this Verve set :D the balloons are fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. so much fun to see more sneaks!!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  23. How clever to use the balloons as chinese lanterns! Looks like a versatile set.
    T. Blue
    tmblueb@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love Mercy's idea of using the balloons as Chinese lanterns! Great cards and fun sneak peaks at some awesome stamp sets.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a fun set! I love the font :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. These sets looks so neat! Love the balloons! Great projects!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is a really cool set. I can see tons of uses for it. Thanks for the chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous cards! I love the different ways you guys used those balloon stamps. CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love, Love, Love the idea to use the balloons as lanterns! Thanks for the sneak peek today! Can't wait for more!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a fun party set! I love sets that can be used for kid birthday cards, but are not too "young" for adult cards.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow! These are all gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'm so excited about bountiful backgrounds!! And those balloons are adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Who doesn't love a party? Your samples are terrific! Looking forward to the entire release!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Fun stuff! I love background stamps and oh my, love the chinese lanterns that Mercy created! Keep the peeks coming!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love all the samples to go with this set, it looks like a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  36. lous projects as always! I am sooooo wanting to see the rest of the Bountiful Backgrounds set!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. cute, cute, cute!! love it! love it! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  38. These looks like some wonderful stamp sets! Can't wait to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Ack! These are really neat too! Fabulous creations girls!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. These are so cute, it makes me want to have a party!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Sneak Peek projects are wonderful!! Can't wait till they're released and I can't wait to see the other releases!!!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  42. This set is HEAVENLY! Those projects are breathtaking and I can't wait to see what else is in store. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Love these balloons and I love them as Chinese Lanterns. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  44. It's so much fun seeing all these peeks at the new sets. Can't wait to see them in full.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Oooooh! This is definitely going onto my "must have it" list. LOVE birthday balloons! Thanks for some more awesome sneak peaks, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Wonderful!! And I have Birthdays on the brain these days... August and September are BIG months in my family! Can't wait to see the whole release! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  47. These are so pretty it makes me want to have a party!

    ReplyDelete
  48. I love these previews and the lovely projects! I can't wait to see more, especially the other Bountiful Backgrounds patterns! The fonts are my favorite! Thanks for all the fun and inspiration!

    Andrea McCulley
    prayalways421@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  49. You guys are making my week! Neat sets and beautiful work....again!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Wow! This is looking like a great and FUN set.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Too cute! Love the Chinese Lanterns idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Love the sneak peeks!!! Great samples!! Thanks for all the inpiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  53. I love these stamps and these projects are amazing and inspiring! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Beautiful new stamps...can't wait to see the rest.....love~love the cards ya all did with them!!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Such wonderful cards ...each one of you! Lovin' the sneek peeks!

    ReplyDelete
  56. all of the sneak peeks are fabulous, luv this set!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  57. Oh - I like what I'm seeing of this set too... love the detail in the balloons...not your ordinary balloons! Thanks for the awesome sneaks!

    ReplyDelete
  58. These creations made from the new
    sets are fantastic. Love the lanterns
    Mercy! Can't wait until reveal day:-)

    ReplyDelete
  59. Sweet, a giveaway! Such cute sets; I'd love to win!

    ReplyDelete
  60. Thanks for another chance to win :D Keep those new sets coming :D

    ReplyDelete
  61. I love the balloons..great sneek peeks!

    ReplyDelete
  62. Gorgeous projects!! Especially love the creativity of using the balloons upside down!

    ReplyDelete
  63. Balloons!! Balloons!! I just love balloons--great cards ladies!! Can't wait to see the whole set!!

    ReplyDelete
  64. This set looks fun! I love how the ballons can be used as lanterns. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  65. Love the Party set! and can't wait to see all the bountiful backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  66. these are the coolest looking balloons i have seen (and i really like all the other Verve balloons!) can't wait for the release :)

    ReplyDelete
  67. I was about to gripe about you ruining my budget for this month but then remembered that my birthday is this month!! Whoo Hoo!!! I just may get the whole release!! Life is good...

    ReplyDelete
  68. what beautiful sneaks! I can't wait until these are available to the public! Simple perfect and I love all the sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  69. Balloons are so fun! I love the new stamps and all the fun of the peeks!

    Danielle
    http://sisters-of-the-heart.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  70. Such fun card samples! Can't wait to see them all!

    ReplyDelete
  71. These are all just gorgeous!!! I am loving everything so far!

    ReplyDelete
  72. Cute balloons! Can't wait to see what else is in this stamp set. :)

    ReplyDelete
  73. What beautiful work ladies!!!! You guys are amazing!!! Cant wait to see the whole set!!!

    ReplyDelete
  74. Love the sneak peaks, and can't believe I didn't comment yesterday. All these games are throwing me off! LOL

    Love the balloons, and goodies. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  75. A new surprise around every corner. I just love all the fun goodies!! Hugs, Dannette
    http://www.danniescreativeoutlet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  76. Congrats to you Mercy - excellent take on the stamps! Love this set!

    ReplyDelete
  77. Fantastic! Love the balloons, just perfect for Birthday cards!! The Chinese lantern idea so rocks too! Sitting in suspense, can't wait for more!!

    Hugs

    ~Spike

    ReplyDelete
  78. Cool balloons - they look dimensional. I like how they looked like lanterns hung upside down. Thanks for the chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  79. Can't wait. Getting excited about all the new stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  80. This set will really make unique balloons - very Verve! Thanks for the chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  81. Fabulous sneak peeks! Love the balloons used as lanterns--so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  82. Balloons are so much fun, and I love how they were turned into lanterns!

    ReplyDelete
  83. I love this set! I want it! LOL Love the balloons!

    ReplyDelete
  84. I love all of the divas cards!! This is such a beautiful set!

    ReplyDelete
  85. We learn something new everyday. I would have never thought to turn the balloons upside down to make Chinese lanterns. What a cool idea. Love everything I have seen so far.

    ReplyDelete
  86. What a great bunch of ballons or lanterns :>) Thanks for showing us a different way to use them! Plus, I always love Jen's gift ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  87. This looks great and I love the balloons!

    ReplyDelete
  88. I'm so excited to see the full Bountiful Backgrounds set. It looks just Vervelicious.

    ReplyDelete