Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Project Parade--Day 5!

Well, it's me, Susan here. How are ya'll liking all the "Father Knows Best" projects so far? LOL! Really, the project doesn't have to be a "father/dad" thing. Jen came up with a great way to encompass all the men in our lives by officially calling this Project Parade "It's a Guy Thing". I think "Boys Will Be Boys" would have suited it as well! But for me, I wanted to create something fun that my girls could give to their dad. They loved this idea and are almost certain he will share it with them! I was in Target buying some totally unrelated stuff, but had this project on my mind. I had thought up a completely different idea, but wasn't crazy about it when I passed the soda aisle. "DAD's" Rootbeer immediately came to mind, however they didn't have it. Neither did our local grocery store.

So I settled on this little four-pack of Boylan Old Fashioned Soda (I've never heard of it either, but what dad doesn't like to try new drinks?). I thought it was cool that it still had the word "boy" in the name of it and I liked the writing on the bottles.

I went ahead and used the same color scheme they had going on with it (worked for them, right?) and drew my inspiration from the original packaging--layout and all! I used two new stamp sets--Dad's Day and Up, Up and Away, and two older sets--Snowflake Splendor and Seeing Stars (one of my all time favorite Verve sets) and simply made panels to cover the sides. Anyway, this project didn't take hardly any time at all. The most time was consumed looking in the two stores up and down the soda aisle for the DAD's Rootbeer! Do they even make it anymore?

So, how would you like to play along with us? Do you have a special guy in your life (Dad, Husband, Grandpa, etc...) that you'd like to create a project for? This is the time to do it!

To play along, just make a project or card that fits your style and celebrates a man in your life. Verve Stamps are not required, but if you've got 'em we love to see 'em! Then just add a link to your creation to the Mr. Linky form in --->{THIS}<--- post before 8PM Mountain on Saturday, June 20. Two lucky participants will win a stamp set of their choice from the Verve Store. We've also hidden another $25 gift certificate somewhere along the parade for a random commenter. So if you like what you see, be sure and give a little shout out in the comments of each post! Have fun and good luck!

38 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I love to see altered projects - those are the ones I struggle with a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you did to the carrier. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute, cute, cute!! great idea to use the container it comes in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cool idea! What a great gift. Another terrific idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love this and hope to "Case" it for the man in my life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is too cute. I might have to borrow your idea to make something for my Husband. He is SO HARD to buy for...{he makes me go to the store to buy my own gifts too...} So maybe he would like a case of "old time" soda! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. GREAT project! I haven't seen Dad's in a while, either... Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting! The paper is really great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a simple but AWESOME idea!!! We have Fitz' Rootbeer here which is made in St. Louis (just across the river). So I may just "steal" your idea for my own dad. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic idea!! And so beautifully altered!! Love how you used the images and decorated the bottles too!! AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. SUPER cute! Totally love it :) I tried to alter a soda/beer carrier a while back but it didn't turn out nearly as cute hehe. thanks for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how cute, Susan! What a great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great idea! Now that you mention it, I haven't seen Dad's Root Beer lately either.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic idea!! That's like thinking "inside the box"!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic Idea! This reminds of my
    late Father. He use to make
    homemade root beer when I was a
    child and he used old Dad's Root Beer
    bottles to put it in. It was so
    yummy! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute idea! Gee, I am thirsty now. LOL Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cool gift...my husband loves anything with cane syrup in it. Where did you get these drinks??? Really cute concept!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fun project! I remember Dad's rootbeer but, yeah, don't remember how long ago! We have Dad's cookies here in Canada, how about the U.S.? If this was a four pack of beer, we'd call it "Man Flowers." Love the stars!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, I love the background paper you created! Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's a great idea! My dh likes IBC rootbeer that comes in bottles like that... Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is an excellent idea! I love how you altered the soda box, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, what a great idea! Love it! So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  23. So clever to customize. I love how you used these stamp sets!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very nice. I would never have thought of this. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Susie I cannot believe how adorable you have made Soda, What a creative mind. Great job

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a fun project! Love the colour combination and how you put all of the elements together!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is such a fantastic idea!!! DH loves root beer so I may have to give this a shot!

    ReplyDelete
  28. So cute! Such a simple thing that looks great all dressed up.

    ReplyDelete
  29. My brother-in-law loves to try different beers...I can see that being a great gift idea for him!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Awesome Susie! Great creative and practical mind you have!

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a fun gift! I love finding nifty ordinary things and sprucing them up to make them extra special to give - shows you put some thought into it! TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. i think my dh would think it's cool to receive fancy drinks - no wrapping required is good for me! thanks for the great idea, and i love the color scheme - it works for you, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. This project is SO great, Susan! It would be perfect for my hubby's favorite beverages! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a fine idea to surprise that Dad or DH or any guy who is a Dad. I bet there will be a run on those soda/pop and carriers after this!

    ReplyDelete