Monday, June 8, 2009

Project Parade Day 3 - It's a Guy Thing

Hi everyone, it's Michelle! So sorry I am late in posting this. I thought my posting day was Tuesday. Oh well, it happens -LOL! Welcome to Day 3 of the Project Parade -It's a Guy Thing.

I love making masculine cards! I even made up a couple "man rules" I try follow when making them!! Silly, I know but I thought I would share them with you anyway. Here goes:

1. I stick to darker colors (browns, reds, blues)

2. No FRILLY ribbon, flowers or embellishments (I have to remember this card isn't for me -LOL!)

3. I use stars -when I have the urge to use a flower, I use a star!! Before even starting my card, I break out my 3 sizes of star punches-heehee!

4. I use brads -hey, I got to use some embellishments right?!?

I have 3 Father's Day cards to share with you, all using simple layouts. Two of these were even made from the same cardstock, pattern paper and punched stars -making it super easy to do 2 cards at the same time. The card above uses the Protector set and the sentiment is from last year's release Father Figure.

The next card uses one of the super cute balloon images from the Up Up and Away set. I stamped the #1 Dad from the Dad's Day set inside the balloon. I outlined the balloon with some copic markers and sponged the edges of the panel with the nestie still on it. There is a piece of burgundy burlap string wrapped below the brown tafetta piece.






My last card also uses the DAD stamp from Protector and the sentiment is from the World's Best set. The DP is SU!s retired Wanted -love the rust and black colors!

Everyone is welcome to play along! Just make a project or card that fits your style and celebrates a man in your life. Verve Stamps are not required, but if you've got 'em we love to see 'em! Then just add a link to your creation to the Mr. Linky form in --->{THIS}<--- post before 8PM Mountain on Saturday, June 20th. Two lucky participants will win a stamp set of their choice from the Verve Store. We've also hidden another $25 gift certificate somewhere along the parade for a random commenter. So if you like what you see, be sure and give a little shout out in the comments of each post! Have fun and good luck!

35 comments:

  1. I really like the idea about the stars. I may have to invest in one of those punches!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards! I think the third one is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, these are amazing! I love the sentiment stamped inside the balloon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREAT cards! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whew! Awesome cards girl! Them big ole rivets rawk, don't they?:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea with the stars. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are fabulous! I have been inspired to create some great masculine cards. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these cards, very masculine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic masculine cards!! LOVE the colors, the papers, the stars, and of course those fabulous images Michelle!! You rocked this theme!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am glad someone decided to showcase cards. I was starting to feel like I didn't make something for the parade that was worthy in any way {since it isn't a fancy box or photo holder...} Thanks for making me feel better. Your cards are so "handsome". They would make any man proud to receive them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love these cards and your "Man" rules. I don't have any star punches, I will have to come up with a good flower substitute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Totally with you on the guy card rules. Those are pretty much mine too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your cards, Michelle! You did a fabulous job with the masculine theme!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love those cards! I'm looking for ideas!

    Melisa Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're a pro making masculine cards! Excellent artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  16. using stars instead of flowers...good tip, definitely a great hint for masculine cards. these are very nice by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the colors. Such a beautiful and clean layout. I am really thinking I need this stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful cards, Michelle! Love your "man rules"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. love these cards! Totally perfect for men, and there's even a bit of bling on them!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really love the font on the first card! All three cards are great for men. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great card ideas! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, beautiful Dad's Day Cards! Really like all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great cards, all of them. Thanks for sharing "the masculine rules" with us.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very nice cards. Great ideas for masculine cards.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This card came together so nicely. Yes it is very masculine but very classy. I love the color combo

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful job! These are so masculine! Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  27. All 3 are great - very fun STAR rule, but it works!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great cards...loved the 2nd one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the rules! I still couldn't stop from using the ribbon on my card though!

    ReplyDelete
  30. LOVE that plaid! Great cards, Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  31. wonderful cards, and thanks for the rules! the one about using stars is so true :) and just when i need some inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  32. These are perfect masculine cards! I love the "man rules"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. The third one is my favorite and I love the plaid!

    ReplyDelete