Friday, June 19, 2009

Project Parade Day 12

Hey there! Jen Tapler here to share my It's a Guy Thing project with all you Verve fans (get ready, this is gonna be a long-winded post!!). I don't know about all of you, but the other divas have been knocking my socks off with their amazing projects this month!!

My guy-themed project is a little mini-album I made for Joel, my hubby, for Father's Day featuring about 8 of my favorite photos of him with our son Dean from the day of his birth through last month. The album itself is a tabbed MDF Kaiser Crafts album I picked up at a scrapbook store on the mainland last week. I used printed digital papers from Dani Mogstad's Tough Guy kit (Sweet Shoppe Designs) along with Chocolate Chip and Kraft CS (SU). I added various ribbons, buttons, hemp twine, staples and punches for embellishments and used several new and old Verve sets (all stamped in Chocolate Chip ink) throughout the album. Here's a look at some of the pages...

For the front cover, I used the large "Dad" image from Protector as well as some of the star outlines from Seeing Stars:On the next set of pages, I used a few of the images from the new Dad's Day set (click image for closer view):I love combining my Verve sentiments and for the "Rockstar Dad" sentiment on this set of pages, I masked a sentiment from Starlight Starbright and combined with "Dad" from World's Best, then added more stars from Seeing Stars.On this page, I used another sentiment from World's Best and my Trio of Tags Spellbinders die to create a little photo tag:And finally, for the back cover I used the same printed papers as the front cover, but this time combined the Father's Day Plain Jane with some stars from Seeing Stars.
I think Joel is going to love this little album and it will make a nice addition to our collection of keepsake mini albums!

Remember, just for playing along with our theme, you'll have a chance to win a Verve stamp set of your choice! Just link your creation to the Mr. Linky form on the Verve Blog Day 1 post before 8 pm MT on Saturday, June 20. We've also hidden another $25 gift certificate somewhere along the parade for a random commenter. So be sure to check out each day of the parade, and leave lots of comments along the way! Have fun and good luck!

31 comments:

  1. I love this album. It is really beautiful and I love how you incorporated all types of elements. I did want to know what type of printer you used to print digi paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How bright and fun! He will love it! You always do such great stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mini album is fantastic, Jen! I'm sure Joel will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a sweet gift for your hubs. It's a really wonderful and lovely keepsake!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love mini albums... just never take the time to do one!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this little album. All the great colors, this was put together beautifully! I love all the star stamps... Have been seeing them a lot lately, and 'eyeing' them too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great mini album - love the ribbon accents and tags!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love mini albums and yours is wonderful, Jen! I am hoping to making one, too, but time is running out.. eek!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, how fantastic! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! What a great gift and a show-stopper piece!

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a fun album (i love the papers)- and it's a perfect gift for father's day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great album - wonderful gift ideas for all the guys!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! What a PRICELESS gift! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fabuous album, Jen! I'm sure your hubby will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Way too cute. I love it Jen.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just beautiful. I am sure he will love such a thoughtful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my gosh -- I just love this album! There are so many great elements and details! I'm sure he'll treasure it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW, your hubby is gonna LOVE this album! How precious a gift that he will treasure forever.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, Jen, this is wonderful! I love the colours and pix. Your husband will treasure it :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is an adorable album! What an amazing keepsake!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What an adorable album. I'm sure it will be treasured.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Jen you are unbelievably thoughtful & CREATIVE. Joel is a very lucky man, I'm sure he is going to love it. I know I sure do.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What an adorable mini album! Such amazing projects from some amazing talent!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very cool! He will love it! All the embellishments are great!

    Melisa Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  25. A beautiful, beautiful album that captures so well a father's love for his children!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love making mini albums, this one is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love this album! It certainly gives me ideas on how to use the Dad stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  28. wonderful cards!!! I love all the great work people have put into these pieces!

    ReplyDelete