Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Project Parade ~ Day 10


Hi everyone! It's Jackie here and it's my turn on the Verve Project Parade! Haven't the Diva's done a fabulous job so far? Oh my word....awesome projects!! I decided to alter a frame this time...but let me give you a little background on me....I DON'T ALTER THINGS! LOL! It's not to say that I have never altered anything, but it is really out of my comfort card making zone! I decided I needed to challenge myself a little more, thus the frame! I bought this three tiered frame at Michael's a few months back. It came unfinished with a really ugly ribbon hanger! LOL! I painted it with white acrylic paint and went about working on the individual frames.


This is a picture of the top frame. The DP is from Stampin' Up! and is called Urban Oasis. I used the new set from Verve, Dad's Day and a classic Verve set called Seeing Stars. The sentiment was stamped in Basic Gray (SU!) and punched out with a Wide Oval Punch (SU!). The stars were punched out with two different star punches. (SU!)


This frame holds a picture of both of my girls, Lauren on the right and Sarah on the left. I really wanted a picture of my hubby WITH my girls, but the three just wouldn't cooperate, so I settled on a recent pictures of the girls from my stash instead!


On this frame I used another new Verve set, Protector. "DAD" was stamped in Basic Gray (SU!) and cut out with Curved Rectangle Nestabilities, but before removing it from the die I sponged some Kiwi Kiss classic ink (SU!) around the edges. That is how I achieved the white edge. LOVE that look! The dotted strips came from one of my favorite Verve sets ever, Father Figure. I added some Kiwi Kiss striped grosgrain ribbon as the hanger and I was done! Not so scary at all!! LOL!

Remember, just for playing along with our theme, you'll have a chance to win a Verve Stamp set of your choice! Just link your creation to the Mr. Linky form ON THIS POST before 8PM Mountain Time on Saturday, June 20th. We've also hidden a $25.00 gift certificate to the Verve Store somewhere along the parade for one random commenter. So be sure to check out each day of the parade and give a little shout out!! Good luck and have fun!


30 comments:

  1. Your daughters are really adorable!. I love what you did with the frames. Thanks for the great descriptions so now I can give it a try! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful project! You should alter more often -- and your girls are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great project. I know your hubby will love it. Your daughters are adorable. Thanks for all the details, I just might have to try this.
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  4. For "not altering things" you did a fabulous job!! The painting of the frame alone would have scared me!! :-) Thanks for sharing your wonderful project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you! I can relate... I do alter things occasionally, but I seem to be somewhat afraid of paint... Either that or just lazy! :) Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your girls are so CUTE! What a great project!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great gift idea! And I love the stars! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the DP you used! So fun! Your husband will love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This would be great in DH's office! Thank you for the inspiration! Great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. well you certainly should alter more because it turned out GREAT!!! :D fab job :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. great picture of your girls, and the frames are fabulous - i don't alter things, either, so maybe it's time. great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ADORABLE Jackie!! I am cracking up because I just bought that same frame on my shopping spree on the mainland last week!! I was in "alterable" heaven at Micheal's!! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such great projects! And you have added to that list of Diva Divine Design.

    How do you get your children to pose for pictures like that, SO CUTE! Love the paper and stamped images too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome projects on the entire parade!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your attention to detail is amazing. Thanks for sharing this wonderful idea for a gift (probably not for any father in my life, but maybe a mom around bday time!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your daughters are precious! I love this Frame!! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm with you Jackie, altering is outside of my comfort zone. Occasionally, I make something other than a card. This is a great frame! Love how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really like all the altering on the frames and other projects from the parade! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Jackie, this is fabulous! You should alter more often! LOL

    Your girls are absolutely beautiful -- what a wonderful gift for your hubby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. "I don't alter things"....You expect us to believe that after seeing this jewel of a gift?? I'd say you caught the altering bug!! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  21. P.S. Your daughters are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Jackie this is awsome. What a fantastic idea. Someone is going to be very happy to receive this

    ReplyDelete
  23. What an awesome project! Your husband will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a great idea. I really have to check out those clearance aisles to find items to "reinvent".

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is awesome! Your hubby will love it. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great idea! It will find a treasured spot to hang!

    Melisa Hunter

    ReplyDelete