Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Project Parade Day 3: It's a Girl Thing

Well, it's me, Susan and I have to just say that I think this has been my favorite Verve Project Parade theme to date. I had a couple of different ideas for Jen's theme this time, but after talking to her a little more about it, I knew what direction I wanted to take and that it would be a perfect opportunity to make a heartfelt gift for my mom (so Mom, if you are reading this--Happy Mother's Day a little early!). The sentiment from the Because of You set seemed to be the perfect choice for a special gift and could be used for just such a gift for any special woman in your life--a mom, grandma, sister, or best friend.

The little wooden stand is an 8.5" card holder from Glue Art and Paper Studio. I found a little house-shaped chipboard album at Michaels for $1 (perfect for my mom since she works in a real estate office), but only needed the one piece from it for this project (Yay! I can make more!). Several punches, Nestabilities and shapes cut from my Slice machine were used to enhance my project, but it wouldn't be as special without the Elegant Flower stamp from Verve that I cut out and layered on each side of "mom" and on the house itself. I had a lot of fun making this and I know my mommy will just love it!

We can't wait to see what you create if you play along! To play along, just make a project or card that fits your style and celebrates a woman in your life. Then just add a link to your creation to the Mr. Linky form IN THIS POST before 8PM Mountain on Thursday, May 14. Two random participants will be chosen and win a $25 gift certificate to the Verve Store. Have fun with this and good luck!