Monday, March 23, 2009

Project Parade--Day 4!

Hello and welcome to Day 4 of the Egg-stra Special Spring Project Parade! Before I get started I’d like to announce one of our random winners!

GRACE (Scrappigramma2), come on down!
You’re the lucky winner of any Verve Stamps set of your choice (up to $24 value)! Congrats Grace! Please send an email to info@vervestamps.com with your set choice and shipping address to claim your prize!




Now, onto my project--For this parade I just couldn't get the idea out of my head to do something with EGGO waffles as a little play on words as my "Egg-stra" Special project, but it just didn't ever make it to fruition (wonder why? I know, it was a dumb idea!). So I then decided to make some sort of basket to hold candy or eggs in. I came across M. J. Albright's wonderful tutorial for making a woven Easter basket. Her tutorial calls for certain SU! envelopes. Well, I didn't have any of those so I did a little measuring and came up with my version just out of some cardstock. I created four woven sides and then adhered them together with Tacky Tape.




I have to confess that I could not decide what color or ink color to make the butterflies from the Beautiful Kindness set. I ended up embossing eight different ones and cutting out ten other butterflies until I settled on these embossed in clear EP onto the Certainly Celery cardstock. My hand hurts now! I then made 4 scalloped rectangles and cut them to fit inside the basket with the scalloped edge folded over the outside, added the ribbon handle, (went to the store for some more Easter candy since we can't seem to be able to keep any around here), and finally added the candy bag and tied the tag on it (it says "for you" from the Chocolate Bunnies set). I really love how it came out! I know it will be appreciated by someone who is very "Egg-stra" special!




So do you want some new Verve??? Play along with us during our Project Parade for a chance to win a $25 gift certificate to the Verve Stamps store. All you have to do is create an egg-stra special spring project and link it up with the Mr. Linky form HERE. Entries will close at 8PM Mountain on Saturday, April 4! Verve Stamps are not required, but we do LOVE to see 'em if you got 'em!

And to put a little spring in your step, we'll be picking five random commenters over the course of the parade who will win their choice of any Verve Stamps set. You never know which Diva will be drawing, so if you see a project you like, be sure to leave the girls some love! :) Good luck and thanks for visiting!

51 comments:

  1. Cute basket! There's so much visual interest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a darling basket! Just love the prettiness of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How stinking cute is that? Love it!

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable basket! I love the handle with it's ties and cute little v cute ends!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great project! I think it turned out perfectly - the celery butterfly must have been the best choice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! I love the swiss dots that add the texture to the basket. It sure does feel like spring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable, Susan! I love all the wonderful details!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This basket is adorable! Thanks for sharing it with us. Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just love the basket! It is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! That was a work of love! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So bright and cheery! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh so very cute, Susan. I like all the DP colors and I'm in love with those butterflies. I some fluttering around my house.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a pretty basket. A definite coffee table item.

    thanks much

    ReplyDelete
  14. very cute basket! lots of color and texture- love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Susan,
    I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this basket. I am a Longaberger collector but who can afford to buy a new Longaberger basket each Easter for the kids--not me. So this is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This basket is just too adorable! I love the colors and how you created it, nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This basket is absolutely beautiful!! I love all the bright colors and textures.

    ReplyDelete
  18. A charming little Easter basket - colours are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! That is so cute! I love all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yay to Grace who won a free set! This basket is just plain adorable! I love the colors, and the woven look. You made me laugh about stamping and cutting out the butterflies in 8 different colors, because I have so done that before! Your final product is gorgeous : )

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW Susan! This is **gorgeous**!

    (I don't think the Eggo idea was such a bad one...my boys would starve some mornings if Eggos weren't around! LOL) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. This basket is too cute. So many things to take in. Candy for the eye. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW! Such a creative basket! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a beautiful basket! I can so relate to making a bunch of different items before you decide which one will be perfect (the butterflies). I think I might have to try this for my coworkers! My kids would just smash it getting the candy out :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a great basket, I am so going to have to make my self one!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I think this is the cutest basket. I love that the butterflies are green. My favorite color.

    ReplyDelete
  27. What an adorable basket! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh wow.... I'm twice blessed today! I'm so excited to be the winner of a verve set!!! My biggest problem will be to pick ONE! LOL! This basket is just the cutest! I can't wait to try it myself... thanks for sharing it with us, and thanks for letting us participate!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow, Susan! This basket is stunning! Thanks so much for posting this! It's lovely

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is beautiful! So many textures.

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is fabulous. So cute. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow, this is one adorable basket! Love the colors...well, I love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  33. That basket is PERFECTION!!! I love the swiss dots, and how you made the handle especially.

    ReplyDelete
  34. This basket is so cute and such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  35. What a beautiful basket! I love the way it is woven. Very nice

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh how cute and adorable is that basket? I have to try making some of those before Easter. The colors are perfect, and the weaving. I could go on and on. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wow!! What a fantastic basket. Your work is so full of great little details. Love it.
    Hugs
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  38. What an adorable little basket! I love all the detail and texture.

    ReplyDelete
  39. i love this basket, and i like to paper weave, so maybe this is what i should make for my special girls. i'm not too good out of the box, so thanks for the idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. I really enjoy textures and this is an inspiring example!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love the butterflies on the sides the best!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Super cute basket - very orginal.

    ReplyDelete
  43. This basket is simply adorable and could be in a parade by itself! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Too cute!! Love all the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete