Thursday, November 6, 2008

Sneak Previews: Poinsettia Christmas & Ornamental Christmas

From Designer Shannan Teubner
When I saw this paper mache' house the other day at the store and couldn't resist it for under a buck...it was a perfect match for this sentiment from the new set, Poinsettia Christmas. I added some designer paper and ribbon to decorate the house, and used an image and sentiment from Ornamental Christmas for the matching card. Inside is a gift certificate to Pottery Barn. Can I put it in my own stocking????

I love the way these sets (as well as old ones!) coordinate, mix, and match to create the perfect card or project. These are both sets that will stay on my desk all season!

From Designer Laura Fredrickson
I love to put a twist on traditional Christmas colours, so this time I chose pink over red. And since Christmas is definitely the time for a little extra sparkle, I decided to pull out the heat gun and do a faux diamond dust technique on this card. I started by stamping the poinsettias and colouring them in with markers. Then I took my versamark pad and schmooshed it all over the whole panel then embossed it in iridescent ice embossing powder. It seemed to darken the pink colour and lighten the yellow, so I added some yellow glass baubles to bring back the yellow. Some corner piercing and a double ribbon tab finishes it off!









From Designer Michelle Woerner
Once again Julee blew me away with the delicate and classic Poinsettia images from the Poinsettia Christmas set! I stamped it lightly multiple times in sahara sand on the white panel and then stamped it again in black. I colored each of the leaves separately with a blender pen for different shades of color. The 4 top leaves are cut out, pieced on top and then painted with shimmerz. The rich DP is Basic Grey Figgy Pudding, I still have plenty left over from last year and plan to use every last scrap this year! The Sahara sand panels are all sponged with Bravo Burgundy and the swirl panel was embossed after inking up the embossing folder. I forget the name of this technique, but it really makes those swirls pop! The ribbon is double wrapped with the silver cord adding that last bit of shine.




From Guest Diva Sarah Gough
I was so excited to asked to be a guest designer for November....I knew what that meant - Christmas Stamps!!! I love Christmas, I love making cards and gifts and I especially love gift wrapping. I picked up a couple of these tins recently (4" round) and knew Ornamental Christmas would be perfect for decorating one quickly and beautifully. I know I'll be labeling everything in sight with these stamps! On a recent trip to a big Christmas store with some friends I saw the most amazing tree - decorated in turquoise and lavender. I love non traditional Christmas colour schemes, so incorporated those colours onto my tin. This set was so much fun to play with...and I've only just started - it's huge! I haven't filled my tin yet, but I think a couple of gorgeous ornaments for someone special would make a perfect Christmas keepsake.