Monday, September 29, 2008

Kraft Obsession

Over the past few months, I have become obsessed with kraft cardstock! So needless to say, I was overjoyed when Shannan told the Verve team that the Project Parade for this month was going to be all about "Gettin' Krafty"! Yippee!!!

I like to use kraft cardstock as the base for a lot of my cards. It's such a great neutral, and a nice change from the Whisper White or Very Vanilla cardstock. The first thing I did was use my SU scallop punch to make a scalloped edge on the right side of my card only. I really liked the look of the scallops only on one side. Then I ran it through my Cuttlebug using the Swiss Dot embossing folder.

The Abundant Blessings flower image was stamped directly onto designer paper and then cut out and mounted onto the Kiwi Kiss embossed layer using dimensional tape. I tied some natural colored hemp cording through a button and used that as the center of my flower. Then sentiment comes from the Verve Birthday Surprise set. Both of these sets are so versatile and can easily be used interchangeably.

Are you thinking about getting krafty with us too? Then upload your card to this post no later than Tuesday, September 30th to be eligible to win $15 in Verve Bucks! If you upload your card to SCS, be sure and use the code VVPP06 so we everyone can see it. A random participant will be drawn on October 1! Get Krafty!!!