Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Butterflies

When I thought about what I was going to make for my post today, I decided it's been a while since I've made something other than a card. I always like things that have to do with candles or light shining through, so that's how I arrived here. I took a piece of vellum cardstock and stamped the butterflies from Thankful Blossoms with Palette Noir ink. I turned the vellum over and colored the butterflies from the back side with Regal Rose, So Saffron and Certainly Celery Stampin' Up markers. I added some Dew Drops in between the butterflies. They catch the light so beautifully! The edge of the lampshade was created using a bunch of small punched out circles. This "lamp" is a little bigger because I used a small martini glass that I found at the dollar store instead of a wine glass. If I can find a battery-operated light for it instead of the candle, I would LOVE to use it in my girls' room. It would be adorable. Hope your having fun playing with your new Verve stamps!

SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Thankful Blossoms (Verve Visual); Paper- vellum cardstock (The Paper Company), Basic Black (SU); Ink- Noir (Palette); Accessories- Regal Rose, So Saffron, Certainly Celery markers (SU), Dew Drops (The Robin's Nest), small circle punch, small martini glass.

7 comments:

  1. What an adorable project, Charmaine! So fun and whimsical! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl you are a genius!!!! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so pretty. Just perfect for your girls. Hope you can find the electric candle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How ADORABLE!

    And Michael's carries the electric candles....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very clever and very pretty! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How clever and unique is this?! Perfect for a little girl's room! Your are awesome Charmaine.

    ReplyDelete