Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Simple

When Julee asked us to create something for the Back to Basics series, I thought back to when I was first introduced to stamping and WHAT got me hooked. For me, it was the Versamark pad. The first couple of ink pads I owned were the Versamark and black. My favorite thing about using the Versamark pad was the watermark look it created. I LOVED it! (and still do) Such a subtle but elegant look it gives. I didn't have to have an ink to match every color of cardstock either! So, in the beginning of my stamping days, (or BFT as I sometimes joke--Before Fancy Tools) I used an image to watermark and then a sentiment in black ink. I always used a simple layout like this and usually finished off the card with some ribbon. Simple.

SUPPLIES USED: Stamps: Serenity (Verve Visual); Ink: Versamark, Onyx Black (Versafine); Paper: Soft Sky, Basic Black, Whisper White (SU); Accessories: black organdy ribbon

5 comments:

  1. Charmaine I will have to email you a photo of a card I made almsot IDENTICAL to this when I was thinking about the Back-To-Basics series. I almost gasped when I saw this today! eerie.
    It surely is beautiful though...love Versamark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's REALLY pretty! This is my usual style of stamping.... Glad to see you all doing some simple cards here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is gorgeous. I will have to snag the idea.
    Thanks for sharing
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful Charmaine! I love the VersaMark stamping - my pad has been neglected lately. It used to be my favorite, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really pretty. I just recently got a Versamark pad and love it!


    http://paperblossoms.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete