Thursday, February 21, 2008

Simple Beginnings


I hope you are enjoying our Back to Basics series. It provided me the opportunity to reflect and remember how it all began.... since my memory is a little foggy as to what year I started stamping I rummaged through my stamps and catalogs for the earliest dates.... still not quite certain but probably about 1998-99. My oldest daughter, Courtney, an avid scrapbooker even as a teenager hosted a D.O.T.S. (now Close to My Heart) in home party. I'm a sap and made a sympathy purchase.... a couple of solid leaf images, one stamp pad, and a half-dozen markers (because the markers could be just as effective as a stamp pad) and a package of white paper. Well, the rubber stamping world has made significant strides, blended with scrapbooking and other crafts. I like to think my abilities have also improved but the simple and clean designs and basic techniques are still a favorite - not to mention fast and very do-able. A basic stamped background, basic solid images, sentiment, a little ribbon, some paper and viola... a card. Card Details:

Stamp Sets: "Serenity" (Verve Visual); "French Script" background & "The Shape of Things" (SU)
Cardstock: White Select (Papertrey Ink); So Saffron & Always Artichoke (SU)
Ink: So Saffron (ink pad), Real Red & Always Artichoke markers (SU); Onyx Black (VersaFine)
Accessories: Red grosgrain & dimensionals ( SU)

Enjoy and create, Lila

4 comments:

  1. That is gorgeous, Lila! I LOVE the two colors you used on the stamp, and the sun in the background is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty Lila. WOW, those colors are so striking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Lila! This is truly gorgeous! I love everything about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card just looks perfect I really like it.

    ReplyDelete